The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo not going anywhere

The only thing that should be up for debate is whether or not Luongo will be in net or sitting on the bench come October 11th. Luongo's time as the Canucks' undisputed no. 1 may be over, but his time in Vancouver isn't. Guarantee that (baring injuries) Schneider and Luongo will be playing next season in tandem as CDC continues to complain how a 3rd consecutive president trophy just isn't good enough and the media speculates about a feud between the Canucks' goaltenders that doesn't exist and how neither is happy and wants out unless the other is traded.

Luongo isn't going anywhere. Get over it.

There is no way that Luo can start the season in Vancouver. Think of the media circus that will take place in the dressing room if he is still here. He has conducted himself like a pro and should be dealt.

Yes he'll be traded before the start of training camp. I expect in the next few weeks teams will have a handle on what they have and what they need and a deal will get done.

I recall many (including users of CDC) claiming that Luongo will "for sure be going to Toronto by July 1st," additionally claiming to have "inside sources" in an attempt at bring respectability to their statements.

With July 1 coming and going, I thought I would post so that we may all embrace and rejoice in the fact that many have destroyed their credibility, and thusly, we may never again have to pay attention to their ficticious and attention seeking ways.

Furthermore, with all the UFA signing in the recent days it appears that the Luongo trade that so many have predicted will not in fact come to reality. With Garrison recently signing, the potential for a Luongo deal or salary dump to Florida has come and gone, leaving a depleted FA pool and weaker trading block.

So now as it appears that Luongo is here to stay a while longer (my guess until at least December, maybe longer), how do the rest of you feel about this potential, are you willing to still support him, or are we going to continue trying to run one of the best goaltenders in the world out of city? :bigblush:

PS The fact that this may be the 1000000000000000000000 Luongo thread has not escaped me! :shock:

I recall many (including users of CDC) claiming that Luongo will "for sure be going to Toronto by July 1st," additionally claiming to have "inside sources" in an attempt at bring respectability to their statements.

With July 1 coming and going, I thought I would post so that we may all embrace and rejoice in the fact that many have destroyed their credibility, and thusly, we may never again have to pay attention to their ficticious and attention seeking ways.

Furthermore, with all the UFA signing in the recent days it appears that the Luongo trade that so many have predicted will not in fact come to reality. With Garrison recently signing, the potential for a Luongo deal or salary dump to Florida has come and gone, leaving a depleted FA pool and weaker trading block.

So now as it appears that Luongo is here to stay a while longer (my guess until at least December, maybe longer), how do the rest of you feel about this potential, are you willing to still support him, or are we going to continue trying to run one of the best goaltenders in the world out of city?

With so much offensive firepower in the division now, I don't think we can afford to trade Luongo. If Schneider falters or gets hurt we will be hard-pressed to even make the playoffs. It's too big of a risk unless we get an absolute windfall in return.

I highly doubt that this team is going into the new season with 13% of its cap space allocated solely in the crease. This percentage will also likely be higher if/when the cap goes down under a new CBA, as is expected. It makes no sense for a team to carry two goaltenders being paid starter money.

Cap aside, I strongly also believe that having both Luongo and Schneider at training camp as well as into the season is not a situation that Gillis envisions as ideal by any stretch.

I think it will happen now that parise, suter, and Marty signed. I feel that now that their off the market teams can stop dreaming and start filing in holes in their team. I still think Florida would love to get luo but their is no one their except bottom six their and I think luo would waive his Ntc for other teams then Florida too. He wants to be number one and he knows by staying here he deff won't get that

Florida Panthers. If anyone disagree I'll bet them $100 Paypal or EMT or whatever.

There's no chance he's going to Toronto and about a 2% chance another team trades for him unless its mid season and a team's goaltending issues are visibily apparent.

Almost $10 million is too much money invested in a position where only one of the two plays each night. It'll cap strap us in other ways and we don't want that.

Plus, he and Schneider are both #1 goalies and they don't deserve to have to be a part of this dance where either/or don't get to play consistently.

It's just a matter of time. This is a huge asset for the organization and we can't give him away for nothing in return. Sadly the two-elite goalie system can't work in the cap era

I highly doubt that this team is going into the new season with 13% of its cap space allocated solely in the crease. This percentage will also likely be higher if/when the cap goes down under a new CBA, as is expected. It makes no sense for a team to carry two goaltenders being paid starter money.

Cap aside, I strongly also believe that having both Luongo and Schneider at training camp as well as into the season is not a situation that Gillis envisions as ideal by any stretch.

Archived