The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Shane Doan's agent said the Canucks are one of the teams.

Doan in a Canucks uniform is intriguing, but he's the exact player that Detroit covets and you know Holland is going to be pursuing Doan intensely because they lost Lidstrom and failed to lure Suter to Hockeytown.

Plus, what number would Doan wear here - his number isn't available and that right there is likely the final deal-breaker :) .

Would be amazing to have Doan here but I would think Philly makes the most sense...

- He signs in the East, away from PHX

- They are probably looking for another top-6er after losing out on Parise and Jagr walking (can take Jagr's RW spot if they wanted to go that way)

- They are probably willing to offer him whatever money he wants

- IMO, they are a stronger contender than us

- A lot less travel will help him at an older age

:( But we can hope

I know it sounds bad but why would anyone want to play in Detroit. Half the city has fallen down and the other half is burning. The City is bankrupt and the state is considering taking over the admin. And where do you find the 'Joe'? Right smack downtown with all the hoods. People are worried about Doan wanting to move his family there? Not happening.

I would prefer the 2 years but if its the difference maker in being able to sign him, I dont think adding an extra year or two is that big of a risk (at the very least he provides positive leadership qualities that will rub off on our younger players). Heck, the Canucks are eating up salary cap with a player that is making $4+ Mil/year (Ballard) that has a role of a player that is making $600,000/year.

If he wants a 4 year deal have the contract look like this: year 1- $8 Mil year 2- $5 mil year 3: $3 Mil year 4:$2 Mil Cap hit $4.5 Mil/year.

Would be amazing to have Doan here but I would think Philly makes the most sense...

- He signs in the East, away from PHX

- They are probably looking for another top-6er after losing out on Parise and Jagr walking (can take Jagr's RW spot if they wanted to go that way)

- They are probably willing to offer him whatever money he wants

- IMO, they are a stronger contender than us

- A lot less travel will help him at an older age

:( But we can hope

Philly is not a stronger contender than us..they're on the same boat as us in terms of contention but our goaltending situation is better while they're younger. This is coming from a guy who cheers on Philly as his second favourite team.

Archived