The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

IF we signed Doan then where would Raymond fit?

Junkyard Dog

If cap space is an excuse being used for Vancouver NOT signing Doan (and Doan is actually wanting to come to Vancouver), then I will be happy to take a break from hockey for the year.

It will tell me the team is absolutely off their rocker by choosing to go with the useless, non impact player that Raymond is, by refusing to either deal him.

Weird how he broke his back playing for this team his career could have been over but he came back and got 10 goals and 10 assists yet everyone thinks he isn't good. It takes a whole lot of dedication to do what he did.

It's not like trading Raymond will give us so much in return anyways... why not keep him? We're not going to be over the cap if we trade Luongo for picks and prospects.

Having Raymond, Hansen, Malhotra, Lapierre, Volpatti, Pinizzotto, Ebbett, Higgins to form our bottom 6 is kinda awesome.

I would switch Schroeder and Lappy, especially if it is just a temporary thing, and that Schroeder would go back to the Wolves after. Schroeder would do better and would be able to show us his abilities more in that 2nd line spot.

And hopefully we get Doan instead of having to use Jensen. But I doubt we would if we didn't get Doan anyways, no reason to rush him in, unless he is absolutely ready, but I don't think he is yet.

I guess I should have said, he should be given a chance to prove himself in a top 6 role first. We know what Raymond can do, it to be honest it's not much in the last 2 years. Kassian is still only 21 years old, and has the raw ability to be there soon. Who knows how much he's improved his speed and hands over the summer and camp.

Ya, I agree with what your saying. It does make more sense to play Schroeder with more skilled players instead of sticking him in a grinding role. It is hard to showcase your talents if you're put with line mates who don't match your skill level.

And ya, Doan is the missing piece that we need, he is the one guy that would really put us over the top. I hope we will be able to get him, but I'm not expecting it to happen.

The only thing with Jensen is, I think we need to get him in the line up. It is okay to do what we did with Schneider, because goalies typically develop slower, but players are different. By no means do I think we should rush him into the line up, because if he is not ready then playing him is pointless. But if we don't get him into the line up soon, I fear he will become impatient with the organization. Also, if you look around the league, young players are thriving and injecting a young guy into our line up would make us faster, and would give us more enthusiasm. Getting young players on the team can let you sign better top-6 forwards as well because they are on cheap, entry-level deals.

I agree with what you are saying though, and if he isn't ready, I would like to give him those 10 trial games or however many games we can give him at the start of the season; so he can get some experience.

That's true, but many believe Jensen at 29th was a steal. And the Canucks coaching staff were really impressed with how Jensen preformed last year at the Canucks camp. Even in the preseason last year he looked good. He didn't look out of place and showed lots of patience. He's really good with the puck. I would like to get an other look at him though.

Archived