The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shea Weber as a Canuck: For and Against

L'Orange

Shea Weber as a Canuck  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd offer up to 5 first round picks to land weber as long as an extension (career) was in place.

With the way the Canucks have been seeding in the draft... there is no way they would get a #1 defence man who would end up in the top 5 d in the league anyways.

Jut get him.... its not a pipe dream...

No.

Weber is a pending RFA. By trading for him does NOT guarantee he will play for us. Why would you give up a top defender, top 9 forward, two first rounders and a second rounder for a player who may not even play for us?

We shouldn't go after Weber by trade, it is too risky, we could end up giving up lots and have him walk right after he is traded to us, I would much rather see us sign him in free agency when he becomes a UFA

Weber - he's younger. Doan, we might get a couple of years of use, with Weber, we could get a decade. Although I realize that our window is fading, Weber would benefit us more than Doan. Also, if we got Weber, we could trade one of our top-4 d-men along with Luongo for a really stellar player.

I explained it right in the post, we can't afford him. His caphit is going to be over 8 million dollars that will screw us next year when we need to resign key guys like Burrows at the end of the year

No.

Weber is a pending RFA. By trading for him does NOT guarantee he will play for us. Why would you give up a top defender, top 9 forward, two first rounders and a second rounder for a player who may not even play for us?

We shouldn't go after Weber by trade, it is too risky, we could end up giving up lots and have him walk right after he is traded to us, I would much rather see us sign him in free agency when he becomes a UFA

Archived