The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Well, actually, if the lockout makes us lose a year of hockey, then we have a lot more potential suitors for Luongo.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2013&team_id=-1&position_id=-1&fa_type_id=2

Backstrom, Howard, Smith, Thomas, and many more are set to become free agents.

Knowing Gillis, I would be surprised if we accepted a low ball offer for Luongo.

Lu is better than most team's starters, and I'd be quite surprised if he is traded for a less than acceptable return. That's not MG's MO.

No I'm not. I'm saying that he should've given it right back to him, like any red-blooded male should/would when being so blatantly disrespected by somebody else.

And to your earlier point, NO, San Jose wouldn't have exclusively gotten a PP, the ref almost definitely would've taken both. Joe Thornton would not have allowed Henrik Sedin to do that to him, so he would've retaliated. But, nice try.

Because he's been arguing this whole time that Luongo's elite, and, thus, the return will also be elite. My argument has been that market forces have put us in a very low-leverage bargaining position and we should not be expecting that sexy of a return - which Dreger, evidently, agrees with, and he's now been hilariously labeled as anti-Canuck because of it.

Well, actually, if the lockout makes us lose a year of hockey, then we have a lot more potential suitors for Luongo.

http://www.capgeek.c...-1&fa_type_id=2

Backstrom, Howard, Smith, Thomas, and many more are set to become free agents.

Knowing Gillis, I would be surprised if we accepted a low ball offer for Luongo.

Lu is better than most team's starters, and I'd be quite surprised if he is traded for a less than acceptable return. That's not MG's MO.

Not surprisingly, a disparaging piece of news to the Canucks' clearly awful negotiating position sparks a new conspiracy - Darren Dreger is somehow trying to screw over the Canucks to benefit his cousin.

Only in Vancouver.

Oldnews, out of curiosity, does this news item make you at least question the valuation that you've put on Luongo, throughout this thread, or is this really a conspiracy by Dreger to somehow persuade Mike Gillis to trade him to the Leafs on the cheap? Think about it.

If you really look at the situation objectively, Joe Thornton acted poorly. His antics and lack of finish are what has caused his slow descent into normalcy in the NHL. Putting his finger in Henrik's face is something even kids in bantam hockey wouldn't do. It was a cheap and cowardly move.

Henrik had a decision to make.

1. He could fire a couple of shots into Thorntons oblong mug and get a five minute penalty for instigating. We all know how tough Thornton is.

2. He could bat his hand away, brush it off, and beat the Sharks were it counts.

Henrik chose wisely. He acted like a man, and not some testosterone fueled goof. He saw that Thornton's actions were coming from a place of jealousy and utter stupidity and chose not to wade in the muck with him. Also Jumbo was probably still sore from the physical punishment he endured from Torres and others during the Canucks/Sharks playoffs the year previous.

I hope though that the Canucks are keeping score and will settle Thornton and Keith when the season resumes.

Not an immense contradiction at all. Toronto might be interested...if Mike Komisarek's going out the door. Florida might be interested...if the deal involves Ed Jovanovski or Filip Kuba coming back to Vancouver. Dreger's comments suggest that other teams are seeing this as a necessary cap dump by the Canucks, which is consistent with my views.

And BTW, let's hear these trades that you've brought up. Seriously, I don't recall anything that you've proposed besides suggesting that Shawn Matthias is a pretty good player. Let's hear 'em.

Not an immense contradiction at all. Toronto might be interested...if Mike Komisarek's going out the door. Florida might be interested...if the deal involves Ed Jovanovski or Filip Kuba coming back to Vancouver. Dreger's comments suggest that other teams are seeing this as a necessary cap dump by the Canucks, which is consistent with my views.

And BTW, let's hear these trades that you've brought up. Seriously, I don't recall anything that you've proposed besides suggesting that Shawn Matthias is a pretty good player. Let's hear 'em.

You're seriously out to lunch. The Panthers just signed Filip Kuba as a UFA - to fill the whole left when Garrison signed in Vancouver. It's pretty safe to say that Florida does not need / are not looking to move his contract - they just acquired him - for good reason. Pretty dumb stuff there king.

Regarding Toronto - aren't you the guy who insists they offered Schenn, and have been pumping his tires ever since?

Can you smell your own obvious contradiction there king?

As I pointed out to you in another thread, Dreger has had an axe to gring with Aquilini (and therefore the Canucks) since he let Nonis go...

You're seriously out to lunch. The Panthers just signed Filip Kuba as a UFA - to fill the whole left when Garrison signed in Vancouver. It's pretty safe to say that Florida does not need / are not looking to move his contract - they just acquired him - for good reason. Pretty dumb stuff there king.

Archived