Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumour] Jamie Benn offer sheet coming? (Eklund)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#61 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

In general offer sheets have ben rare, but with the Shea Weber signing and the obvious CBA uncertainty, there have been quite a few recently...What I have found usually happens in these cases is the player will often sign with his team shortly after the offer sheet rumor hits the airways..

Why? Well of course it is because I am so bloody powerful...OBVIOUSLY.....OR it could be the team and the player are at a crossroads and both sides decide against the offer sheet concept and get it done.

more to come with major rumor update shortly

Quite a few recently? Anyone want to fill me in on the offer sheets besides Weber that have happened recently. I've obviously missed something here!

Of course the player often signs with his team shortly after the offer sheet rumour hits the airways, Eklund. That's because you're 3 days late with getting the offer sheet information off your anonymous source(s); Tsn.ca.

Who the hell has major rumour updates and is going to post them "shortly". That is such bull if someone has the inside scoop on something they are posting it as soon as possible, so they can't get traffic to their twitter accounts, etc.

How is this guy a Valid source? That's what I want to know. Just go to his site and read his illiterate posts and then tell me he is legit. More like you'll come back and tell me Eklund is borderline retarded.

#62 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

i would put a 10yr/65m offer sheet for this man...dal would just haft to deal with it
Posted Image

#63 Robongo

Robongo

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

i would put a 10yr/65m offer sheet for this man...dal would just haft to deal with it

I'd rather do this to Evander Kane
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thanks R.Luongo. for the sig!=)

#64 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Dallas will match anything unless it is rediculous
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#65 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:34 AM

Even though this probably is BS, Benn somehow make sense. He's a winger but he's capable of playing center too, so he can fill in when Kesler is injured. He's the Powerforward we don't have, and he's from BC, and we all know that Gillis really like BC players. And Gillis has said that he wants to get younger.
I can see Gillis being intrested in Benn, especially if we don't get Doan. But he will probably cost a lot more than this guy claims is on the board. Don't think Dallas is too keen on letting Benn go either, unless it would be something special.

Gillis likes BC players? Where have I been for all of the drafts and all of these WHL kids getting drafted....
Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

#66 Hedman

Hedman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:31 AM

Gillis likes BC players? Where have I been for all of the drafts and all of these WHL kids getting drafted....

Take a look at a bunch of players like Garrison, Hamhuis that he valued high on the free agency and he were able to sign both of them.
Then we have Justin Schultz.
And seems like he was pretty damn interested in Weber too.
Also, you don't draft a player just because they're from a specific state or province. That's not the same thing really

Edited by Hedman, 25 July 2012 - 05:37 AM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.