The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who's better Higgins or Booth

kj29

Higgins or Booth  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Better at what role?

At a top 6 role, I think Booth has more explosiveness and offensive upside.

At a top 3rd line role, Higgins is perfect. Plays a very reliable and aggressive 2-way game, while possessing the type of skill that can produce 40+ points.

Booth has more offensive potential and can be a more dynamic impact player with his power game.

Higgins is a better all-around player with more heart and consistency.

Booth has it in him to be a more valuable player, but hasn't shown it for us yet. As it stands right now, Higgins is better, more valuable, and is abtastic.

Jesus, I don't know how people can possibly be "disappointed" with Booth's first season here as a Canuck. He had horrible luck with injury, he would come back and start playing well and then get injured again. On again off again stints in a lineup for any athlete in any sport makes it difficult to put together any kind of consistency. Despite that, Booth STILL managed to put up 16 goals and 13 assists for 29 points in 56 games (which is a 42 point pace over 82 games, by the numbers he put up, had he played all 82 games and maintained consistency would add up to 23 goals, 19 assists).

Did you expect him to be a point a game player his first season with the Canucks? Hell he didn't even have the opportunity to go through training camp with the team, he was traded 6 games into the season.

Look for a much more productive (and hopefully lucky and healthy) Booth after a good off season, full training camp and proper acclimation to the Canucks system.

I'm going to wager he scores in the realm of 25 goals, 30 assists for 55 points. Possibly more if he gets significant PP time and doesn't run into any injury issues.

Higgins is a more versatile player. He's a hard checker, good defensively and and can play almost any role effectively.

Booth is a powerforward is a better scorer, who also can hit hard, but thus far has struggled to find consistency and needs to work on his passing and defensive game.

Edge goes to Higgins, because he is invaluable to our team, and I wouldn't trade him unless I was getting someone pretty amazing back.

I think its hard to compare the two.

Higgins is amazing at what he does, and his defensive game has improved big time since joining this team. They play a similar game but they're two very different players with different roles that compliment eachother very nicely. Once booths gotten more comfortable and settled in over this offseason i have no doubts of his game getting back to where it was in florida. Big body, with grit and works hard down low. Gets gorgeous goals. If you remember, higgins took an offseason to really "find" his niche in our lineup. And now he's one of our most consistent depth scorers and steps up in clutch moments for us when it counts. I believe booth'll take the sane road as higgins as far as that's concerned.

Basically what I'm getting at is i couldn't make a fully informed decision until i see how booth plays next season.

Until then, my choice for now is higgins.

Is this really a question? Higgins, hands down. Higgins was easily our best forward last year, had he not been repeatedly sidelined with his staff infection he could have probably put up 25+ goals.

I'm still not sold on Booth. To me he is a step in the right direction in that he effectively replaces Raymond's spot on our roster but aside from the fact that he's upgrade on Raymond, I still feel he is a pretty one-dimensional player. He has more of an offensive upside than Higgins, but Higgins is a far better all-around player.

Everyone gots my answer. But Booth is the offensive guy, not so much defensive. Higgins the guy who can play on the 3 bottom lines and continue playing above average. Booth probably will outscore Higgins.

I say Booth to score a goal. Higgins to defend a lead.

You cannot compare these two players, they play different roles and they are both very good at their roles.

Higgins is a really complete, consistent forward who is a 2nd/3rd line two way forward

Booth is a big, fast, skilled power forward who plays a more offensively minded role

But in the poll i voted for Booth because i think he is the 'better' player even though i like Higgins better and i beleive Higgy is better at his role than Booth is (at least last year)

Archived