Southpop45

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Lappy - Doan

Higgins - Ebbett- Hansen

Weise- Malholtra - Kassian

Pinozzotto-right wing

Volpatti-left wing

Kassian -right wing

With Hansen,Doan and Burrows there are six right wingers on this team.

I expect Pinozzotto has enough talent to contend for the third line spot so Burrows and /or Hansen may become expendable.

Burrows fits well with Kesler but then that line has no pushback factor as Lappy would move down.

May Ray is not included in this lineup for the obvious reasons.

If Doan becomes a Canuck he'll be getting the Sedin-treatment, and deservedly so. He is a rich-man's Burrows and with a bit of time, would develop some serious chemistry with the twins. He is basically much tougher and has better hands than Burrows, who only has speed and skating over Doan, which would be better suited to our other lines.

Sedin - Sedin - Doan (perfect fit for the twins, should produce 70 goals)

Booth - Kesler - Higgins (great chemistry AMEX line, good for 70 goals)

Burrows - Lapierre - Hansen (Burr and Lappy showed instant French-Canadien chemistry in their stint last season)

Raymond - Malhotra - Kassian (good mix of speed, skill, size, toughness, experience and youth)

That's probably the best forward group in the NHL from top to bottom. Not as great high-end talent as say Pittsburgh, but far deeper than any squad in the league when you have essentially 7 likely 20-goal scorers (Sedin, Doan, Booth, Kesler, Higgins, Burrows, Hansen) and 3 guys on the 15ish goal cusp (Raymond, Lapierre and Henrik) with the wild-card Kassian who could jump up too. Scary depth up front.

If Doan becomes a Canuck he'll be getting the Sedin-treatment, and deservedly so. He is a rich-man's Burrows and with a bit of time, would develop some serious chemistry with the twins. He is basically much tougher and has better hands than Burrows, who only has speed and skating over Doan, which would be better suited to our other lines.

Burrows - Lapierre - Hansen (Burr and Lappy showed instant French-Canadien chemistry in their stint last season)

Raymond - Malhotra - Kassian (good mix of speed, skill, size, toughness, experience and youth)

That's probably the best forward group in the NHL from top to bottom. Not as great high-end talent as say Pittsburgh, but far deeper than any squad in the league when you have essentially 7 likely 20-goal scorers (Sedin, Doan, Booth, Kesler, Higgins, Burrows, Hansen) and 3 guys on the 15ish goal cusp (Raymond, Lapierre and Henrik) with the wild-card Kassian who could jump up too. Scary depth up front.

Shane Doan would definetly improve the Canucks but it ain't gonna be cheap. His cap hit would equal Hamhuis and Edlers combined. It's to bad Kassian or Jensen aren't ready to be that power forward the Canucks need. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see it happen and hope he scores 40 goals with the Sedin's and prevents the Browns, Bollands and Marchants of the league from taking liberties on the twins. But I still remember the Sundin experiment and wonder how Canuck nation will handle a 7.5 mil Doan wearing #18 with 18 goals and 18 assist trying to find chemistry with Kesler and Booth cause once again Burrowd was better with the Sedin's.

If he's in it for the big dollars...he best go with a lesser team. If he's looking for fair value, all things considered on a good team then I'd be interested in signing him. Just depends where his motivation/priority lies.

On a shorter term, equal to or less then Sedin $/cap for a longer term less then Sedin $/cap. If I were Doan, I'd go for a lesser term/higher pay, and if things continue to go well renewal can be in the cards for same value if not more.

Archived