The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Are the Canucks looking at Evander Kane?

Canucks interested in Evander Kane?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Getting Evander Kane through an offer sheet is more or less impossible. Anything reasonable and the Jets match. Anything unreasonable and we're stuck with a monster contract. It's not happening.

Kane is probably just holding out for a bigger contract. I would assume with all the stupid money being thrown around this off-season, he wants $5m+ per year, and probably at least $5.5m would be my guess.

You guys are crazy if you think Kane will be in anything other than a Jets jersey when the league starts.

Getting Evander Kane through an offer sheet is more or less impossible. Anything reasonable and the Jets match. Anything unreasonable and we're stuck with a monster contract. It's not happening.

Kane is probably just holding out for a bigger contract. I would assume with all the stupid money being thrown around this off-season, he wants $5m+ per year, and probably at least $5.5m would be my guess.

You guys are crazy if you think Kane will be in anything other than a Jets jersey when the league starts.

If Gillis was pursuing Kane, Booth would have to come the other way.

I think the best offer that Gillis could give would probably involve pieces like Booth, Schroeder, a high pick (probably a 1st) and maybe a defenseman. I don't think it would be enough.

I would love to get Evander Kane. But there is NO WAY that the Canucks will offer sheet him because he plays for the Jets. The Canucks management has some VERY CLOSE ties with the Jets management. Off sheeting their players is extremely unfriendly.

If there is a common agreement, it might be a sign and trade, hopefully to Vancouver.

Archived