The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hear Me Out

Drew1

Hey guys , Here is a video I think you guys should watch , here is the link

Everyone is saying that Schneider has only played a handfull of games and that he is in trouble once he becomes a number 1 he will change , its true he has only played so many games but if you look at the playoffs , Cory played games 3,4,5 and the scores were 1-0 3-1 2-1 , if we would have scores two goals JUST TWO GOALS in games three and five, we would be up 3-2 on the eventual Stanley Cup Winners , and Schneider played amazing game 3 he stopped like 48 shots in game 4 and in game 5 he was close to a shutout, he gave a up a weird goal he didnt really expect in the 3rd period . Cory only gave up 3 goals in 3 games to the Kings I dont count the game 5 OT goal because a team is going to win in overtime regardless , you play till someone scores, so he only gave up 3 goals in 3 regulation games against a team that dominated the the rest of the way and went on a historic run , and you have to take in account cory got thrown into the fire basically he found out gameday he would be playing and even after game 3 he still wasnt sure . All I am saying is if you watch the video I think you will be impressed with how amazing he is.

I for one am STOKED to think that he might be out starter on OPENING NIGHT, its a new era , and we get to see his new mask every game , everytime Cory played last year it was usually on the road , I like him in the home blue jersey , but yeah I always looked forward to his game , plus when Luongo got pulled , Cory went in on the spot and always shut the other team out , and he got charged with loses from luongos bad play like against Buffalo , when Lu gave up like 4 goals right off the bat , I know people say oh but he rested and only plays ever so often, but ask any athlete , and they live on routine , consitency , they want to be out there everyday , and one last thing , do you guys remember when Luongo took a puck to the mask and Cory played for like 2 weeks straight and went like 8-0 with like 3 or 4 shutouts and a bunch of 1 goal games,

please comment , and comment is appreciated

-Drew-

Plus I think having 1 definitive number 1 goalie will help the players they wont wonder who is starting or hear about how short so and so's leash is and get asked questions , they know who will be out there, and everyone on CDC always says , the team looks better when Cory was in net because hes ice water baby

Dude give me a break , I really thought this out, and I am not jumping down anyones throat or anything , I am just saying whats on my mind, hey man were all in this together , we all love this team and want a Stanley Cup , I think we need to get along better, even though we are on the internet , but thanks man haha ;)

I like your enthusiasm, although, I'm a bit tired of everyone's 'what if' comments about the Boston/LA series.

It's pretty amazing that we get to toss away a Vezina Finalist/Olympic Gold Medalist and still manage to upgrade our goaltending. I still have nightmares about Cloutier and the parade of inept backups that handicapped this team for so many years.

Hey man , I dont think we should get mad at eachother for like making threads or saying what if , just because someone is always going to make a new thread you know haha , but yeah we should be thankful for Mr Luongo , and all he has done , I wish him nothing but the best if he does get traded because he at one point was rated as the most pressurized athlete in the world and he always had a smile on his face when it came to the team

First and foremost, Cory has had the upmost proper development in the AHL and the NHL, Second, he has played in very big games the last few seasons and has not disappointed, both of which have prepared him to take the #1 spot and not plunder.

I don't get where people have the idea a guy who has been developed amazingly well and has had an amazing mentor in Luongo as well as great NHL experience is in trouble?

How old is he now, 26 if I'm not mistaken? I think it's fair to say he's ready.

Thanks for your post. It was well thought out and layed out. Yes some has been repeated how ever at this point we have to wait and see and live through the so called dog days of summer to find out really is going to happen this season. Gillis has so much to do that I find it hard to predict what will happen but Schroeder seems to be worth waiting for in the big picture.

Plus predicting what's going to happen when we don't even know there'll be a season.

OT goals don't count? :huh:

Well, there's no denying Cory has the talent and work ethic and ability. What we don't know is whether or not he can maintain that quality of play for an entire season, and for years to come.

Andrew Raycroft is a good example. The guy won the Calder, and then he amounted to what? Yeah....

Anyways, nothing was said in this thread that hasn't been said a million times already.

Well thought out, that's something that has been in the back of my head too (the excitement) but I haven't really thought about it, I just want to see him in the playoffs next year because I think we will have a really good chance and our team will be back to that 2010-11 mindset and we will roll like we did in the playoffs without having the lingering pain of the loss to deal with like we did this year.

I'm excited for this year, I hope there is no lock-out or else I'll be extremely disappointed.

Of course OT goals count , and thats why I said regulation , and man it takes alot less energy to be positive then negative, negative posts cause drama and sly comments you know, its ok and all its just yeah lol ahah ;) but yeah as JustBelieve said , if you look at his AHL and NHL stats they got better every year, I mean thats awesome

Thanks everybody who said it was well thought out , guess what , I had written one a little shorter and my computer froze and i clicked recover and lost it all lol so I did it again ahaha , but yeah plus remember kesler against nashville , other teams in the league thinks oh he wont be back to his old self , man if he comes back healthy 110% he will be motivated as ever , especially if we get off to a great start and since he had 1 goals in his last 19 games

OT goals don't count? :huh:

Well, there's no denying Cory has the talent and work ethic and ability. What we don't know is whether or not he can maintain that quality of play for an entire season, and for years to come.

Andrew Raycroft is a good example. The guy won the Calder, and then he amounted to what? Yeah....

Anyways, nothing was said in this thread that hasn't been said a million times already.

Anyone else on here absolutely Jacked to see Schneids in our first home game with his New mask , (CHROME) haha ;)

but since we went out early it was better to get out early and have all this rest for the players then go 2nd or 3rd round and have guys like kesler just get totally injured and he would be out even longer, its almost like we didnt make playoffs, this will be the most rest the Sedins have had since we last missed the playoffs and that was when Naslund was on the team , long time ago .

Two seasons ago we went as far as you can go , game 7 and then if felt like when the season ended every team was like ok draft time and we just finished so then the off season felt short and the players got asked everyday what about last season how does this compare, so now with the early exit , the players can truly focus on this year, and us fans havent seen them in so long , the building should be rockin :)

Comparing Schneider's 3 good playoff games (of which he won 1) and his little string of 6 or 7 starts in a row to Luongo's consecutive 30-win seasons, Vezina nomination, Hart nomination, Gold medal and countless spectacular performances in the playoffs seems a bit naive don't you think?

Yes Schneider looks good, but when you compare his body of work to Luongo's its no doubt who the safe bet for success is. With Schneider, anything could happen if he takes the reins this season. With Luongo, the Canucks would be pretty much guaranteed another 30-win effort in only 55 games and clutch playoff performances.

Archived