The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gun-loving U.S. cop draws Twitter jeers after 'aggressive' encounter with Canadians. lol

nuckin_futz

Wow, if this were the states someone would of died over this probably. This guy is a sissy, a cop who is afraid of two people asking him a simple question. Who cares how they said it. He would of pulled a gun out on them off duty and that is a coward thing to do. Proud to be Canadian.

By Americans standards, Canadians can come off as being aggressive in body language and tone, like to stare, and don't seem as respectful of personal space. I could easily see how this could cause a misunderstanding with someone who "reads" social situations for a literal living.

By Americans standards, Canadians can come off as being aggressive in body language and tone, like to stare, and don't seem as respectful of personal space. I could easily see how this could cause a misunderstanding with someone who "reads" social situations for a literal living.

*looks around* which "Americans" are you talking about? And which Canadians are you talking about? I've been to Canada many times, and the people I've met were no different (in terms of conversation or hospitality) than people I've met in Pittsburgh, Alabama, Dallas, Wyoming, etc.

How about this for irony...

Apparently a number of people have commented, posted and tweeted that they had similar encounters in Nose Hill Park on the day in question and were asked if they had been to the Stampede as well by these two gentleman. When some people answered in the negative the two gentleman aggressively offered them free tickets to the Stampede courtesy of a Calgary Oil company that they were representing.

Subsequent to the online furor, Calgary Cultural Ambassador Jenn Lutz said in a tweet that the two “very aggressive” men Mr. Wawra encountered were in fact giving out free Stampede passes. http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/08/09/walt-wawra/

Archived