The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will our next rival be?

mrsasaki

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't understabd why people think Kings will be lur next rival? Well we did lose to against them in the playoffs. Well San Jose lost to us ome year ago and we arent't their rival.

I think Edmonton will be our next rival as i tjonk their prospects will improve signigically thos seaso, which will make them a serious division rival.

And the wilds will be a playoff competitor. With th signing of Suter and Parise, two imediate impact players which will male them stronger up front and in rhe defenisve zone

Three series at this point, with two in the second round, and an intense first round in 2011. Also the bad blood between organizations from hits like Keith on Sedin (one of the dirtiest hits of the year) or Torres on Seabrook from the year prior. It was the second consecutive loss to Chicago coupled with their teams antics that really got that feud going.

Don't hate Calgary but they suck.Maybe if they could actually do something they would be rival worthy.

Hate Edmonton as they are a team of cherry picked #1's.

Hate Minny for too many reasons.Let's start with Heatley.

Hate LA for making Gillis throw Luo under the bus.

Hate Chicago as Keith needs to be pulverized and it is a constant reminder that Gillis refuses to protect the Sedins.

San Jose is too sad to hate.Colorado-ditto.

I personally see a suspension coming to a player from Vancouver or Chicago this year by the 2nd game of the year and by the end of the season it will be the reigning rivalry again, Boston wont even be close to the Blackhawks when the 2012-13 season is completed..

EDIT: Personally I like most western conference teams, I hate that our players seem to get injured during Av's games, and I dislike the big 3 of Anaheim, but really I can only truly hate Chicago out of the west.

I think the LA rivalry is going to grow.Not just because of the playoffs but because they really took it to us before that in a game I believe was on New Years eve.They really took a lot of liberties with us in that game,and as usual we had no response.Its like Chicago and Boston all over again. :(

Depends. I don't really understand the list of teams given because if we're talking about who's going to rival us to win the West next post season, St. Louis and a couple others should be on that list. As far as hating each other and such, Chicago is probably still our best rivalry. As far as divisional opponents go... this season The Wild will probably be the best besides us in the NW. In the future the Oilers will definitely be challenging us for the division.

It will be Now and Forever the Flames ....Im sorry but there is NO question.....as long as there is an NHL team in Calgary they will ALWAYS be the number 1 rival....every so often another team might creep in ala Coilers or Wild...but that never lasts very long , Calgary will always be the most hated team that the Canucks will ever play.

Archived