The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire Bowness & Brown & Bring in Dave Babich & Marc Crawford as Ass.Coaches!

Pasific Coluseum

Actually there's alot of informed people that actually have good reason's why, and why is your opinion any better than mine or there's?

I would like to think I do too, and I think we need a more motivating coach, you look at how much of an impact coaches can have on a team's success in the post season like Sutter last year was huge, same with Deboer, and Hunter.

I think a guy like Paul Maurice or someone else would have been great for us, but I guess we are stuck with AV for now.

Our defence was absolutely brutal all of last season and even going back into 2011 playoffs. The only reason we aren't the worst defensive team in the NHL is because we have the best goalie tandem in the league covering their sorry asses. The way our defenders are coached is a joke - constantly told to take stupid risks that end up leading to odd man rushes and breakaways against time and time again.

That is not the defensive style that wins you a Cup. Boston, New Jersey, New York and Los Angeles have proved that in todays NHL, if you want playoff success you have to start with solid, stay-at-home, shutdown-styles of defences that grind opposing teams forwards down, not flimsy thin fast skating puck movers who get worn down by big bulky forwards and caught out of position because they're trying to pinch or jump up in the play.

Secondly, our PP tailed off in the worst way at the end of the last 2 seasons and was a big reason we were ousted, both against LA and Boston. I believe we fell from the best to worst powerplay in the NHL after around January last season, and gave up more shorthanded goals than PP goals scored against Boston and Los Angeles. These are not just unacceptable, but they kill momentum and our goalies don't have much of a chance on these short-handed odd man rushes against. Blame execution all you want, but the league has figured out our very simple powerplay tactics such as the stupid drop-pass and inability to take the shot, and coaching styles around the league are trumping our own.

It's time for a few fresh coaching changes. AV is doing a fantastic job but our defensive system and special teams are letting us down right now. We have the pieces with probably the best passers and most skilled #1 unit players in the NHL, as well as a nice mixture of offensive and shutdown defencemen now, we just have to play the right way and that starts with how the players are coached.

Ever since Ryan Walter got the short end of the stick/ the shaft (no pun intended) I've been miffed at the Canucks organization. With all due respect to Newell Brown & Rick Bowness they are not what this organization needs in terms of ass. coaches. It's time to turn over a new leaf and bring in some more qualified and suitable candidates!

2 words: Dave Babich! Why not? He's a well respected former NHL'er who had a very respectable career and 7 seasons with the Canucks to boot. His experience alone would automatically give him a leg up on our current coaches. Babich knows could run our defense and probably develop the dickens out of prospects like Connaughton, Gaunce, Tanev and make them NHL ready like right now.

So lets recap now. Fire Bowness and Brown and bring in Babich & Marc Crawford back into the mix.

The point I'm trying to make is that keeping Bowness and Brown is akin to eating an open bag of week old potato chips... STALE!

Aside from Garrison acquisition this teams needs some big changes if they wish to contend for another Stanley Cup. I'm tired of the mediocrity while teams like the Flyer's are willing to make BOLD moves that shake the foundation of their organization i.e Carter/Richards trade, Offer sheet Webber, Re-unite the Schenn brothers etc..

Which "informed" people would that be? (Be sure to include their credentials)

My opinion is worth more than yours because I have 45+ years invested in this game. including playing, coaching and refereeing. All of that aside, my opinion mirrors that of Mike Gillis, which absolutely trumps yours and these so-called informed people that you speak of...

Very surprising nobody has mentioned the obvious?

Crawford was named co-conspirator by Bertuzzi in his defence relating to the Steve Moore lawsuit. Our current management still has to settle the lawsuit, which so far has included a deal with Crawford regarding liability. We're not jumping back into endorsing him, which is a conflict that certainly would cost many millions more dollars than the fiasco already has.

He also did not stand up for his players then, and has been shut down within a year or so of taking over any new role since.

Lets just say the idea sulks in my opinion!

:sadno:

Archived