The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Interesting. Can anyone give me the lowdown on this guy?

Just 27 years old. Neck injury this past year slowed him down a bit. Best season was in 2012, had 117 tackles, 5.5 sacks and 3 INT's and hopefully he can regain that form.

Really athletic kid, very versatile, can play inside LB and outside, and a great leader/captain. Past season Bronco's benched him for the SB run as his injury nagged him and he never really got back to shape and he kind of struggled saying inside LB reports say but he definitely is young enough to bounce back.

Broncos fans are pretty devastated seeing him go do that should put into perspective how well of a player he is and they wish him the best of luck.

Also, Steve Smith signs with Ravens 3 years $12 mill. No way Edelman gets more than $4 mill per and really don't know why he's holding the Pats up. Decker signed for $4 mill annually and so did Smith...anything over that for Julian is not worth it and he should get anywhere between $3-4$ mill.

Broncos fans are pretty devastated seeing him go do that should put into perspective how well of a player he is and they wish him the best of luck.

Also, Steve Smith signs with Ravens 3 years $12 mill. No way Edelman gets more than $4 mill per and really don't know why he's holding the Pats up. Decker signed for $4 mill annually and so did Smith...anything over that for Julian is not worth it and he should get anywhere between $3-4$ mill.

Decker signed for a little over 7 mill anually. 5 years $36.25 mil

I am interested to see how this works out for the Pats and Broncos.

The Eagles have shown signing big name FA doesn't always work with every system as well as shown releasing big name players and having them never repeat how good they were.

The Pats themselves despite BB's praise have not won a Super Bowl since they decided to bring in big names. I am curious to see if they defy history this year or if the SB champs are some other team.

The Eagles have shown signing big name FA doesn't always work with every system as well as shown releasing big name players and having them never repeat how good they were.

The Pats themselves despite BB's praise have not won a Super Bowl since they decided to bring in big names. I am curious to see if they defy history this year or if the SB champs are some other team.

Don't even talk about Super Bowl yet when Brady's best wide receiver (not tight end) is Amendola, followed by Aaron Dobson ... I know defense wins championships, but you need some sort of an offense.

Eagles defence is soft. I would have preferred if they got some attitude. Jenkins is a decent cover safety who can rotate between centerfield and going down into the box same with Earl Wolff who should be better his 2nd year if he is healthy.

They still need a big hitting safety to cover over the middle of the field. I would love a guy like Craig Loston from LSU who is just a heat seeking missile.

He explodes into guys and goes all out. Sure he doesn't wrap up and tackle and sometimes but you need one safety who is a big hitter and arrives with bad intentions.

But Chip covets guys who are fast, have good leadership, are smart and versatile to plug in multiple positions.

I'm worried this team is becoming too much of a finesse team despite being a run first team. They don't overpower anyone they try to out quick, and out smart the other team and rely on their athleticism and team speed.

This type of game as the Saints have figured out doesn't work in the playoffs and they are moving to more of a balanced offence like the Patriots, and Packers with Lacy now also.

These are three teams that can throw the ball but also pound it at you.

I really hope now that the offence is taken care of they allocate 90% of their draft picks to fix the d.

Edited by Chip Kelly

Do you guys think the Pats would give someone like Kenny Britt a look? If he can stay healthy and clean up his act he has the potential to be a top receiver in the NFL. Maybe a change of scenery would help him out.

Well there you go...

Kenny Britts second free agent trip will be to a team fond of Rutgers products.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, the Patriots will host Britt, the Titans unrestricted free agent wideout, on Sunday.

The 25-year-old Britt caught just 11 passes for 96 yards in 12 games for Tennessee in 2013. However, he showed major potential earlier in his career, and he was a first-round pick in 2009. His coach at Rutgers, Greg Schiano, knows Patriots coach Bill Belichick well, so as references go, Britt couldnt ask for a much better one.

Britts first free agent visit was to St. Louis. Like the Rams, the Patriots could use a little more receiving depth, and a flier on Britt by either club wouldnt be much of surprise.

The Patriots already have former Rutgers players on the roster, including key defensive back Devin McCourty, Britts former teammate with the Scarlet Knights.

CB: Browner

SS: Harmon

FS: McCourty

CB: Revis

LB: Mayo

LB: Hightower

LB: Collins

DE: Jones

DT: Kelly

DT: ?

DE: Ninkovich

One of the best Patriots defense's (on paper) in a long, long time in terms of pure talent.

Edelman, Lafell, Amendola, Dobson, Thompkins and Gronk at TE .. Brady finally has more than just 2 legitimate threats to throw to.

Getting excited for the upcoming season. Free Agency all but points to drafting a DT in the 1st round. They could also go for Jace Amaro though and go back to the dual TE threat system. Gronk, Amaro and LaFell would be 3 huge(size wise) targets for Brady in the red zone.

Edit: If Britt leaves with a deal from the Pats tomorrow, that would spell the end for Amendola. Which I wouldn't mind. Britt, LaFell and Gronk in the end zone would be a dream come true for Brady, who's only had 1 tall, strong target the last couple seasons.

Edited by NucksPatsFan