The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Yea, I'm a Pats fan but a real talker; was in our favour, happy, but bs call. Also missed FG just yards short.

I disagree. Saints fans were happy when the 49ers took the hit to the head of a QB call that was very questionable and took the W. New Orleans was roaring with excitement. Every team has bad calls against them, and for them. Get angry when it loses you games (vs the Jets), get excited when it wins you games (Today).

But hey, we wouldn't be talking about any of this if not for Gostkowski's perfectly executed onside kick. Never seen one done like that where the kicker shadows the ball.

Anyone know how long Gronk gonna be out for? Not worried at all since we've basically cemented a playoff birth, but moreso just curious. Plus Pats signed Austin Collie again and he looked great first time around this season.

Early reports are torn acl

Mayo, Wilfork, now Gronk all out of the season. Too much to over come to make a strong SB push. Can it be done? Yes. But has the defense shown anything to convince fans that they can strengthen their game? No. At least with Gronk, the offense was strong enough to make up for the defense a little.

Will continue to have faith though.

It's such a shame that DB's forget the correct form of tackling once they make it to College ball. From age 5-18, defensive coaches emphasized wrapping up and keeping your head up when tackling. In the NFL, and college, it's just submarine to the knees. If you look at the tackle on Gronk, the safety's angle would've allowed him to execute a perfect form wrap up tackle. Has happened in other situations as well. I see it less in the CFL though. CFL DB's utilize the wrap up tackle in most situations.