The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Texans and 49ers Superbowl?

Texans and Falcons. This was my early season prediction, so I'll stick to it. I know some people like the Patsies, (looking at you, NPF :P ) but when your defense allows 31 points to Buffalo, (and might have allowed 38, if a certain receiver hadn't changed his route with seconds left) I don't really like your chances of getting past teams like Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Houston.

Speaking of the Bills, I suppose I'll take Thursday night's win, (when you're a Bills fan, you take 'em anyway you can get 'em) but man was that ugly. The defense basically smothered the Fish, but Fitzy kept giving Tannehill chance after chance to come back.

The Red Zone is more like the Dead Zone for Buffalo's offense.

AFC

New England

Miami

Buffalo

Jets

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Houston

Indianapolis

Tennessee

Jacksonville

Denver

San Diego

Oakland

Kansas City

1-Houston

2-new England

3-Denver

4-Baltimore

5-Pittsburgh

6-San Diego

Denver over Sam Diego

Baltimore over Pittsburgh

Houston over Baltimore

New England over Denver

New England over Houston

NFC

Giants

Philadelphia

Washington

Dallas

Green Bay

Chicago

Minnesota

Detroit

Atlanta

New Orleans

Tampa bay

Carolina

San Fran

Seattle

St.louis

Arizona

1-green bay

2-Atlanta

3-San Francisco

4-ny giants

5-Chicago

6-Minnesota

Minnesota over San franscio

Giants over Chicago

Giants over Green Bay

Vikings over falcons

Giants over Vikings

SUPER BOWL

Patriots over giants

Edited by Tony Romo

Not with their defence.. talk about brutal

Their defence is pretty bad but they have started to improve a little bit recently. A similar thing happened with the Giants when Spagnuolo was their d-coordinator in 2008, they struggled early but by the end of the season they became a really good defence.

Not saying the same thing will happen. But if the Saints continue improving defensively each week coupled with that already high octane offence they can really mess up the NFC playoff picture and play spoiler for other teams trying to get into the postseason.

Patriots starting to click on all cylinders. Just destroying the Colts today.

They had 1 spectacular game against a terrible defense and a rookie qb whose stats are inflated because he played against crap teams early on in the season. Good win but nothing more. The Patriots are a sub par defensive team that will get beat in the second round

Edited by canuckbeliever
  • Upvote 1

They had 1 spectacular game against a terrible defense and a rookie qb whose stats are inflated because he played against crap teams early on in the season. Good win but nothing more. The Patriots are a sub par defensive team that will get beat in the second round

They have a good rush D but true they are weak on pass D.

Pats have always been an offense first team. Their Offense simply outscores the other team. Makes up for their D.

AFC

New England

Miami

Buffalo

Jets

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Houston

Indianapolis

Tennessee

Jacksonville

Denver

San Diego

Oakland

Kansas City

1-Houston

2-new England

3-Denver

4-Baltimore

5-Pittsburgh

6-San Diego

Denver over Sam Diego

Baltimore over Pittsburgh

Houston over Baltimore

New England over Denver

New England over Houston

NFC

Giants

Philadelphia

Washington

Dallas

Green Bay

Chicago

Minnesota

Detroit

Atlanta

New Orleans

Tampa bay

Carolina

San Fran

Seattle

St.louis

Arizona

1-green bay

2-Atlanta

3-San Francisco

4-ny giants

5-Chicago

6-Minnesota

Minnesota over San franscio

Giants over Chicago

Giants over Green Bay

Vikings over falcons

Giants over Vikings

SUPER BOWL

Patriots over giants

Nothing on the NFC side makes any sense.

You rank GB ahead of Atlanta? No. Even then Green Bay would have to be perfect down the road which means the Vikings won't make the playoffs (they play each other twice). Vikings also play against the Bears twice and Houston once in the remaining six games. They'll be lucky to be 3-3. And there's no way a 9-7 record would make the playoffs because Seattle would have a similar record if not better and contains the tie-breaker.

Vikings over SF? Vikings over Falcons? Chargers making playoffs? Unlikely.

Broncos are turnover prone, between interceptions and the all the backs/returners fumbles... it could really hurt vs a good team come playoffs. Still scared of Texans and Pats.

That would be no reason to hold them back. Also they are -4 in turnover ratio which isnt good but it will not kill you. They have the best QB in AFC and the defense has been doing amazing past 5 weeks. They have argubly the 2nd best defensive player in game as well in Von Miller.

As far as balance goes in terms of defensive and offensive consistency I would go Houston, Baltimore, Denver in AFC with Baltimore and Denver being close.

Also there are no teams that anyone should be really scared in AFC. Each team has its own flaws. Houstons the closest to flawless team but Patriots are no where close. There pass defense is terrible and there defense overall is pretty bad. Yeah there offense is scary but if you have a defense that can limit them a bit and a decent offence you have a good chance. That is why so many Patriots games are so close (this week and the first game with Buffalo being the exception).

Also I laugh when all the Patriots homers predict them to win super bowl. There is no way in hell that this Patriots team wins the super bowl.

Edited by canuckbeliever

Nothing on the NFC side makes any sense.

You rank GB ahead of Atlanta? No. Even then Green Bay would have to be perfect down the road which means the Vikings won't make the playoffs (they play each other twice). Vikings also play against the Bears twice and Houston once in the remaining six games. They'll be lucky to be 3-3. And there's no way a 9-7 record would make the playoffs because Seattle would have a similar record if not better and contains the tie-breaker.

Vikings over SF? Vikings over Falcons? Chargers making playoffs? Unlikely.

This wasn't well thought out were I looked at every schedule and predicted who would win or not.