9832 replies to this topic

#1741 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Unreal. Seahawks vs Falcons at 9am... The ????

What? Since when do they even have 9am games?

It's actually 10:00am next Sunday. Not 9.

Edited by Champions of Nothing, 06 January 2013 - 05:49 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#1742 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

seahawks are going to lose next week against the falcons quote me on it

Quoted. Not completely convinced, but quoted.

Edited by Champions of Nothing, 06 January 2013 - 05:50 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#1743 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

What? Since when do they even have 9am games?

It's actually 10:00am next Sunday. Not 9.

12 PM ET. 9 am PST.

#1744 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,716 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

tsn has it 1pm est which is 10am pst

Edited by captaincanuck88, 06 January 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#1745 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,251 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Damn, really wanted to see the Seahawks lose. The only positive is, they Hawks didn't show anything that made me think "wow, Atlanta is in trouble!"

Alfred Morris gave Seattle trouble without having RG3 as a decoy, so Turner and Rodgers should have a good game. His name slips my mind but Seattle lost a starting DE in the 3rd quarter so their pass rush will be weaker. I really, really think ATL will win it by 4, a come from behind, last drive of the game touchdown.

I also hope one of ATL's linemen rips something of Shermans. Anyone see the douchebaggery he pulled after the game during the handshakes? Though I dislike the Seahawks, I respect every player on their team except this clown. Guess Seahawks fans would rather have a talented douchebag on their team than play against one. This clown is as worse as Pollard or Hall when it comes to being a dick.

28mmdg5.jpg

Thanks to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome signature

egpcw0.gif

#1746 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,716 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

what did he do all i see is a picture of a redskins player shoving sherman

#1747 JohnTavares

JohnTavares

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Damn, really wanted to see the Seahawks lose. The only positive is, they Hawks didn't show anything that made me think "wow, Atlanta is in trouble!"

Alfred Morris gave Seattle trouble without having RG3 as a decoy, so Turner and Rodgers should have a good game. His name slips my mind but Seattle lost a starting DE in the 3rd quarter so their pass rush will be weaker. I really, really think ATL will win it by 4, a come from behind, last drive of the game touchdown.

I also hope one of ATL's linemen rips something of Shermans. Anyone see the douchebaggery he pulled after the game during the handshakes? Though I dislike the Seahawks, I respect every player on their team except this clown. Guess Seahawks fans would rather have a talented douchebag on their team than play against one. This clown is as worse as Pollard or Hall when it comes to being a dick.

I didn't know Michael Turner was the second leading rusher in the NFL? Morris has doubled Turner's yardage production in this year alone, not a fair comparison to begin with.

EHL: Detroit Red Wings

medium.png

#1748 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

How awesome would it be if we had a Seahawks-Packers rematch in the NFC Championship game?

#1749 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,702 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

I was cheering for the Seahawks, but at the same time, I'm disappointed at the injury to RGIII. I want my team to win because they deserve it, not because the opponent is at less than 100%.

However, I think all this talk about the game turning out differently had Shanahan inserted Cousins earlier, is a bit of wishful thinking on the part of Redskins fans (or Seahawk haters) I didn't see anything from Cousins that made me think he would have been able to handle Seattle's defense, even given more time to do so.

I agree that The Redskins left Griffin in too long, but I disagree that they would have won by changing QBs earlier.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#1750 JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

First, Morris had 80 yards. Seahawks made adjustments and kept him in check after the first two series.

Sherman had Redskins trash talking him all week. He responded both on and off the field. I prefer to think of the dick as the guy who takes a swing after the game like Trent Williams. I guess it's all about perspective.
Posted Image

#1751 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,937 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Pats over the Hawks for 2013.

You heard it here first. ;)

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#1752 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Pats over the Hawks for 2013.

You heard it here first. ;)

I was thinking same thing earlier this morning. But I'm biased. Pats and Hawks are my 2 fav teams. So I'll take it.

#1753 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

As a Bronco fan the Ravens scare me. Though they beat the most overrated team in the NFL, the way they did it was nonetheless impressive. It is going to be a dog fight of a game and I expect Denver to win but would not be surprised if the opportunistic Baltimore D snags a few turnovers as it did today and beats the horses. Something that is especially concerning as a bronco fan is that the team is turnover prone. However, I do expect Ray Rice to be contained by the great run defense we have plus I have 0 faith in Joe Fu**o to have a solid passing game. Broncos win but the game will be close due to the aforementioned turnover issue.

Atlanta is overrated and Matt Ryan might as well rename himself Roberto Luongo. He chokes in the playoffs. Seattle won today but the win was not impressive whatsoever and as someone who genuinely likes to see the Hawks win I think it is some what scary. However, Atlanta has looked like garbage past few weeks and none of there wins minus the win against the Giants have been done in impressive fashion. The game will be close and Matt Ryan will live up to Matt Ryan form so the falcons will find a way to lose.

New England Houston on paper is a close game but the way it is going I expect the Patriots to destroy Houston. Even in the win against the Bengals, the Texan team looked pathetic and if Cinccy had any semblance of an office thye would have beat the Texans.

The most intriguing game of the week from a pure match up stand point will be San Francisco Green Bay. I know the Packers will be the sexy pick for a lot of individuals but remember this. The Packers offensive line is weak and the 49ers pass rush is freaking amazing. Green Bays defense isnt great either. I see Kapernick doing enough to win the game with the defense standing out.

#1754 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Everyone is overrated except my team and it's players!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#1755 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Go SeaHawks
Go Pats
Go Ravens
Go 49 ers

#1756 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Darn it, according to reports there is fear Chris Clemons may have an ACL injury. He's Sea Hawks' best pass rusher. It would be a huge loss, Clemons led the team with 11.5 sacks this year.

#1757 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Way to go Hawks!! Can't wait for next weekend....I really hope the NFC comes down to Seahawks vs Packers. Also hope RGIII is alright...never want to see someone go down like that...especially someone as gifted as him. Not sure why they kept him in so long. :picard:

I gotta say reading through the last couple pages of this thread was pretty entertaining. You Hawk haters make me LOL!! :lol:
Posted Image

#1758 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Yeap.

Also, Flacco sucks. Von Miller and the Broncos D will have a field day with him next week.

Patriots should beat the Texans, the way Houston has been playing lately isn't scaring anyone.

The Packers should be able to beat SF in San Fran too.

The most interesting matchup is the Falcons vs. the Seahawks, I think I give the edge to the Seahawks.

#1759 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Freakin FedEx Field. Skins should be fined for not spending the $$ on upkeep of their field. Peterson tore his knee in Washington too.

Chris Clemons, an elite pass rusher and key member of the Seattle defense, likely tore his ACL Sunday, according to a source with knowledge of the situation and the team fears as much.
Clemons caught his foot in the shoddy field at FedEx Field and will undergo an MRI Monday morning back in Seattle to determine the severity but the team is not planning on having him for the duration of the postseason.

He has the telltale signs of an ACL tear -- looseness in the joint and swelling, with no pain. Seattle plays at Atlanta next week.

#1760 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

12 PM ET. 9 am PST.

The game will start at 10:00am. It's probably the coverage starting at 9.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#1761 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Rams are OBVIOUSLY overrated

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#1762 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,493 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Freakin FedEx Field. Skins should be fined for not spending the $$ on upkeep of their field. Peterson tore his knee in Washington too.

RGIII got hurt initially in the game vs Baltimore too. Their owner should pay to upgrade the field especially when it is putting his franchise player at risk of a serious knee injury.

My take on the Seahawks and the two camps.

1) If you like them, they are the underdogs playing in the Northwest who don't get the respect of the other elite teams and are often ignored by the national media.

They are a great physical defense with a promising rookie qb Russel Wilson and a great RB and a coach who will do whatever it takes to win.

2) If you hate them they are a bunch of cheaters who have P.E.D. using over sized corners who use cheap tactics like taunting the other team and cross the line physically.

As well as a team who never admitted the replacement refs gave them a game they didn't deserve.

Led by a arrogant coach who will do anything to win even if it crosses the line, that ran from college to escape recruiting violations.

Just depends on your perspective of what camp you are in.

Edited by Terry Crews, 06 January 2013 - 10:52 PM.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#1763 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,251 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

I didn't know Michael Turner was the second leading rusher in the NFL? Morris has doubled Turner's yardage production in this year alone, not a fair comparison to begin with.

I just meant that Morris was able to do damage to a Seahawks D early on that wasn't expecting anything tricky out of Griffin, so two backs such as Turner and Rodgers who is a really good open field runner should be able to find success. Not saying they'll take over the game or anything.

As a Bronco fan the Ravens scare me. Though they beat the most overrated team in the NFL, the way they did it was nonetheless impressive. It is going to be a dog fight of a game and I expect Denver to win but would not be surprised if the opportunistic Baltimore D snags a few turnovers as it did today and beats the horses. Something that is especially concerning as a bronco fan is that the team is turnover prone. However, I do expect Ray Rice to be contained by the great run defense we have plus I have 0 faith in Joe Fu**o to have a solid passing game. Broncos win but the game will be close due to the aforementioned turnover issue.

Atlanta is overrated and Matt Ryan might as well rename himself Roberto Luongo. He chokes in the playoffs. Seattle won today but the win was not impressive whatsoever and as someone who genuinely likes to see the Hawks win I think it is some what scary. However, Atlanta has looked like garbage past few weeks and none of there wins minus the win against the Giants have been done in impressive fashion. The game will be close and Matt Ryan will live up to Matt Ryan form so the falcons will find a way to lose.

New England Houston on paper is a close game but the way it is going I expect the Patriots to destroy Houston. Even in the win against the Bengals, the Texan team looked pathetic and if Cinccy had any semblance of an office thye would have beat the Texans.

The most intriguing game of the week from a pure match up stand point will be San Francisco Green Bay. I know the Packers will be the sexy pick for a lot of individuals but remember this. The Packers offensive line is weak and the 49ers pass rush is freaking amazing. Green Bays defense isnt great either. I see Kapernick doing enough to win the game with the defense standing out.

I really think this is the year Matt Ryan finally breaks out of his playoff slump. I mean, if not this year, do the Falcons stick with him yet again next season? This has to be the most complete team Matt Ryan has had around him. Hey, even Luongo was able to at least get to the Cup finals ;)

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Way to go Hawks!! Can't wait for next weekend....I really hope the NFC comes down to Seahawks vs Packers. Also hope RGIII is alright...never want to see someone go down like that...especially someone as gifted as him. Not sure why they kept him in so long. :picard:

I gotta say reading through the last couple pages of this thread was pretty entertaining. You Hawk haters make me LOL!! :lol:

How can a team with 0 championships and only 1 trip to the championship game in its existence have haters? I think we all just mutually dislike them, much like how a lot of people that live in the Vancouver area specifically dislike the Canucks just because they're the home team.

28mmdg5.jpg

Thanks to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome signature

egpcw0.gif

#1764 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

How can a team with 0 championships and only 1 trip to the championship game in its existence have haters? I think we all just mutually dislike them, much like how a lot of people that live in the Vancouver area specifically dislike the Canucks just because they're the home team.

Oh, my bad. Listening to you "mutual dislikers" is so entertaining! Better?! You guys were soooo excited at 14-0. :lol: ;)
Posted Image

#1765 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,022 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

Well my two favorite teams survived Go Packers and Go Seahawks!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1766 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,591 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

GO RAVENS YES!!! Andrew's luck wore out! Ray Lewis brought so much emotion and energy today and you could see it wore off on the rest of the guys. Defence was superb in Ravens fashion, and on the ground Rice and Pierce were monsters!!!! Flacco was himself today, ran the ball alot, but made 4 or 5 huge throws downfield right on the money! It was sad to see Lewis leave home field for the last time, hopefully he looks ahead to having a great game in Denver next week against who I think is the best team in the NFL, gonna be tough but I believe in my boys. OOOOOOOH-OH-OH-OH-OOOOOOOOH-OOOOOOOOH, OOOOOOOOOH-OH-OH-OH-OOOOOOOOH, OOOOOOOOOOOOH
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#1767 JohnTavares

JohnTavares

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

I just meant that Morris was able to do damage to a Seahawks D early on that wasn't expecting anything tricky out of Griffin, so two backs such as Turner and Rodgers who is a really good open field runner should be able to find success. Not saying they'll take over the game or anything.

I really think this is the year Matt Ryan finally breaks out of his playoff slump. I mean, if not this year, do the Falcons stick with him yet again next season? This has to be the most complete team Matt Ryan has had around him. Hey, even Luongo was able to at least get to the Cup finals ;)

You're on a Canucks forum...

EHL: Detroit Red Wings

medium.png

#1768 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Rams are OBVIOUSLY overrated

Yeah right. Everyone knows they suck.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#1769 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

That's probably a part of it.

For me, at the risk of sounding "obsessed", these are the reasons I cheer against the Seahawks.

- The obvious one, I am a rams fan, and the Seahawks are out top rival. We have had many battles that have been pretty even over the years, and the Seahawks prevented a couple average-decent Rams teams from making the playoffs in the last decade.

- They are always on. Due to all the local US feeds being picked up from the Seattle area, I grew up with the Hawks on TV every Sunday afternoon. They weren't very good, I didn't like them already, and I don't think I fully understood why I was stuck watching the Seahawks and Cardinals in the afternoon game when better games could have been shown (before HD, obviously).

- The casual and less-than casual fans. People that barely understand football going on about how I have to cheer for the Seahawks becasue they were the closest geographical team. When I explained that didn't like them, I usually got a scoff or an eye-roll.

- Whiny/entitled fans (sound familiar? :P). It was unbearable after the SB against the Steelers all the complaining about how the game was fixed and the refs lost the game for them. Then when it comes back around to them and makes them win a game they shouldn't have, they can't even admit it was the wrong call.

- They tend to dominate NFL talk in BC. Everyone seems to have an opinion on the Hawks, as long as it's a positive one. So my choice is either sit in the corner with my finger up my nose, or join in and give my opinion on the team, then when I do, I get called a hater or "obsessed".

Those are my reasons. Logical or not.

Though I have stated many times that I have enjoyed watching the Hawks play for the first time ever, and really like Russell Wilson and what he has done. I also applaud Pete Carroll for allowing this kid to succeed, and even picked him for Coach of the Year.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#1770 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,968 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

well, kudos to the seahawks, it was a good game. i'd be happy to see them go all the way, and they look like they are clicking at the right time, but I'm doubtful it'll happen, as they are the seahawks, after all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.