Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hey if you guys are interested in some real football there's some NFL games on

What's wrong with the cfl?
There both differant games, but footballs, football.
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#602 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Do only two Grey Cups excuse all this? 03 playoffs, 2004 GC, 2005 WF, 2007 WF, 2008 WF, 2009 EF, 2010 WSF, '12 WF. A LOT of missed chances under the Buono administration.
This team should have 5 Grey Cups, not 2.

#603 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

What's wrong with the cfl?
There both differant games, but footballs, football.

lol i like watching the CFL but sorry it's a joke in comparison to the NFL

#604 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Lowest attended west final in BC Place history. This team has other issues, that are not just on the field.

#605 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Sometimes I think the 'by' isn't such a good thing..no mommentum..took awhile to get any kind of groove, if you wanna call it that.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#606 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Lowest attended west final in BC Place history. This team has other issues, that are not just on the field.

So much for the fancy roof
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#607 van_ws

van_ws

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

What a huge letdown.. expected much better. With the likelihood of the NHL season being lost entirely, there isn't really anything else going on sporting-wise in Vancouver for quite some time.

After coming back from visiting Australia, the wind and rain in Vancouver is depressing haha.

#608 canuckster19

canuckster19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

Do only two Grey Cups excuse all this? 03 playoffs, 2004 GC, 2005 WF, 2007 WF, 2008 WF, 2009 EF, 2010 WSF, '12 WF. A LOT of missed chances under the Buono administration.
This team should have 5 Grey Cups, not 2.

Montreal only has two in that same time span, 3 if you go back another year, and they win the East more than we win the West.
Posted Image
Trekkie Monster says: GO CANUCKS GO!

Please read the Board Rules

#609 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • 6,317 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

Y'all laughed at me :P
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#610 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

No it wasn't, they had over 2000 more this year than last year. Attendance is down this year all around the league. Moneys tight these days.

Lions also need to make the upper bowl more affordable. Charging the same price to sit in Level 2 and level 4 is just ridiculous. Upper bowl should be 1/2 or so of the lower bowl.

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 18 November 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#611 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

Surprised about the attendance, you'd think there would be no problem selling it out with no hockey going on

#612 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

Bottom line is no big plays made either for offense which was conservative early on and they couldn't contain glen and Cornish. Offense was boring with chapdelaine short plays... Kinda hoped for a braley bowl but Toronto will win

#613 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,584 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

Was at the game, more than 43,000 announced, 2000 more than last year
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#614 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

Tough game for BC. The blown coverage in the secondary really cost them. Cauchy Muamba got exposed badly today.

The BC Lions unwillingness to invest in the safety position burned them today when normally they have enough veteran guys to make up for Muamba's mistakes.

I expected the offence to be rusty coming off a bye with Calgary having all the momentum coming in with 5 straight wins. We've seen this before where the bye really messes up a team in first place.

Lulay looked confused for most of the game. Calgary did a good job disguising their coverage and forcing Lulay to check it down all day.

Calgary was just playing with more intensity and you could tell they wanted it more and they had something to prove.

To be honest I had a feeling the Lions would struggle offensively but I just thought their defence, which has been rock solid all season, would once again bail them out enough to scrape out a win.

The injuries to Lulay,Simon, and Bruce really messed up the rhythm with the offence. The BC Lions hadn't been a big play offence all year.

They were used to playing with a lead and having their defence keep the game in their favor. Using a dink and dunk ball control offence all season. Plus they struggled to score touchdowns in the redzone also. Which came back also to bite them in the ass.

Bottom line in the biggest game of the year the usually reliable defence made the most crucial mistakes and played their worst game all season and that's the main reason the Lions lost.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#615 Wh!stler R!der

Wh!stler R!der

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

Too bad... No mo repeat
This city deserves a championship. This is the best era in Canucks history, keep bleeding blue n green always!
Win it for Ripper, Luc and Demo.

#616 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

Tough game for BC. The blown coverage in the secondary really cost them. Cauchy Muamba got exposed badly today.

(cut for brevity)

Bottom line in the biggest game of the year the usually reliable defence made the most crucial mistakes and played their worst game all season and that's the main reason the Lions lost.

Beauty summary. Couldn't have said it better myself.

You can't give up three big plays and expect to win without having a few big plays yourself.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#617 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Nik Lewis got to them
Posted Image

#618 PowerIce

PowerIce

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Shame we lost, Calgary was the better team that day. That place was rockin' though.

On a side note, a guy 3 seats beside me got the FG football (sec 227)

2013 CDC Poker, it's coming soon to a forum near you!

Posted Image

#619 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

A few things from the game:

The idiot who threw the flare on the field... **** You!

Cant believe they gave the "craziest fan at the game" thing to a fan wearing a Lions Dave Dickinson jersey. Total blasphemy.

Tim Brown needs to go! Looked very weak on returns, could have used a huge return on Sunday.

Lulay should have been pulled for Reilly. He just didn't have it on Sunday. When he wasn't tossing 5 yard passes, he was throwing into double coverage or nobody. Gotta wonder if his shoulder is still screwed, definitely didn't have the snap in his passes.

Lots of missed calls against Calgary and some very bull**** pass interference calls and non pass interference calls.

Secondary looked weak, very weak.

Still haven't seen a decent angle on Calgary's 3rd down TD, but I still don't buy it. No way it was reviewed before the convert being kicked.

I don't usually get angry at the games, but that one made me really pissed off. The fact the Lions only lost by 5 totally shows that they threw the game away.

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 20 November 2012 - 12:25 AM.

#620 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

Can't expect to win a game when your kicker gets most of the points
Posted Image

#621 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

Can't expect to win a game when your kicker gets most of the points

Nope, gotta get into the endzone from within the 20, Lions failed on those.

Also can't believe Banks is partially blaming the crowd noise for the miscommunications on the Lions D. Give me a break, crowd noise hardly phased the Stamps. When BC had the ball the crowd was pretty quit. Lost a little respect for Banks on that comment.

#622 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • 6,317 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

You can't give up three big plays and expect to win without having a few big plays yourself.

Sounds like the Bombers last year in the Grey Cup; terrible secondary.

Edited by C00KIES, 20 November 2012 - 11:36 AM.

Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#623 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

To add to that. I think the d-line also has to take some of the blame for the secondary getting exposed like that. They didn't generate any pressure and failed to get any sacks on Glenn.

You have to give Glenn some credit though for getting the ball out of his hands quickly and moving around in the pocket to evade the rush and buy enough time for his receivers to get wide open down field.

I don't care who is in the secondary if you can't generate a pass rush. Kevin Glenn was able to pick the Lions defense apart because he had the time to go through all his reads and made the big plays.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#624 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

To add to that. I think the d-line also has to take some of the blame for the secondary getting exposed like that. They didn't generate any pressure and failed to get any sacks on Glenn.

I was thinking about that too. Do we congratulate the Stamps on that though? I don't know.
Either way pretty disappointing that the team with one of the best sack tallies (the best? can't remember) doesn't get a sack.

#625 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

I hated losing to the Stamps but I think this is awesome.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=410061

STAMPS FANS GET THEIR WAY AS ROYAL YORK LETS HORSE IN

TORONTO -- The Royal York hotel has opened its doors to Marty the horse.
Calgary Stampeders fans finally got their chance this afternoon to recreate a Grey Cup tradition by marching the 15-year-old dark brown stallion through the lobby of the upscale Toronto hotel.
The Royal York had turned them away earlier in the day, citing safety concerns.
But after the Calgary Grey Cup Committee trotted Marty to other establishments downtown, the Royal York had a change of heart and allowed the horse inside.
Excited fans chanted "Go Stamps go!" as they surrounded Marty. CFL commissioner Marc Cohon also stopped by to see the stunt.
Stamps fans started the tradition in 1948 when they rode a horse through the Royal York lobby during Grey Cup festivities.
The Grey Cup game between the Calgary Stampeders and the Toronto Argonauts is Sunday at Rogers Centre.

Just part of what makes the CFL and the Grey Cup so great. The opposing city allows these kind of shenanigans as part of the celebration of OUR game.

*applause* to The Royal York :)

#626 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

I hated losing to the Stamps but I think this is awesome.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=410061

STAMPS FANS GET THEIR WAY AS ROYAL YORK LETS HORSE IN

TORONTO -- The Royal York hotel has opened its doors to Marty the horse.
Calgary Stampeders fans finally got their chance this afternoon to recreate a Grey Cup tradition by marching the 15-year-old dark brown stallion through the lobby of the upscale Toronto hotel.
The Royal York had turned them away earlier in the day, citing safety concerns.
But after the Calgary Grey Cup Committee trotted Marty to other establishments downtown, the Royal York had a change of heart and allowed the horse inside.
Excited fans chanted "Go Stamps go!" as they surrounded Marty. CFL commissioner Marc Cohon also stopped by to see the stunt.
Stamps fans started the tradition in 1948 when they rode a horse through the Royal York lobby during Grey Cup festivities.
The Grey Cup game between the Calgary Stampeders and the Toronto Argonauts is Sunday at Rogers Centre.

Just part of what makes the CFL and the Grey Cup so great. The opposing city allows these kind of shenanigans as part of the celebration of OUR game.

*applause* to The Royal York :)

That's funny but I'm still cheering for the Argos on Sunday. :P

fyo3s9.jpg

#627 BurnabyJoe

BurnabyJoe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Every CFL fan needs to watch the Engraved On a Nation episode I just watch.

It was about the '7-something Argo's with Theismann kicking ass in the CFL like rockstars.

It was funny and like... touching..
http://i8.photobucke...e/canucks40.jpg <- Jim Robson's 40th Anniversary Team.

#628 BurnabyJoe

BurnabyJoe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Interesting story lines this week, this one is close to home

http://profootballta...uccess-stories/

Plenty of BC/CGY matchups, then head to head for a Miami job, now MIA/SEA.

Out of work > CFL > Pro Bowl

#Wake #Browner
http://i8.photobucke...e/canucks40.jpg <- Jim Robson's 40th Anniversary Team.

#629 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,381 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

Interesting story lines this week, this one is close to home

http://profootballta...uccess-stories/

Plenty of BC/CGY matchups, then head to head for a Miami job, now MIA/SEA.

Out of work > CFL > Pro Bowl

#Wake #Browner

Saw that. Just shows how much scouting is a fluke and how politics of being a drafted player give you a longer look while undrafted guys have to work harder just to get a shot.

Often drafted players have to prove that they can't play to NFL teams before they give a real look to an undrafted guy.

I think it's good for the CFL to get exposure and to have as many guys as they can make NFL rosters. These two guys have gone above and beyond what anyone expected and have become pro bowlers which is amazing.

The CFL needs to bring back the option clause to attract more quality import talent up north. For every guy who sticks in the NFL they help bring other guys to Canada.

I can see a handful of guys making it in the NFL if they get a legit chance like Chris Willliams, Chevon Walker, Chris Matthews, Solomon Elimimian, Jovan Olafioye and even Chad Owens could be a great return man in the NFL.

fyo3s9.jpg

#630 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

Not sure I am rooting for either team. But if I would have to pick I think it would be Calgary. Mainly because our mayor made a bet with Toronto's mayor. I like our mayor, don't care for theirs :lol:

I also think Kevin Glenn is a really good story this year.

All and all I expect a really good game.

Not that I see as much as I like though since I host a Grey Cup party every year :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.