The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

There isn't 100% definite evidence that the world as you know it actually exists and that you're not just a brain in a vat of chemicals being stimulated by alien scientists. Why should you believe that the world exists? There's not 100% evidence of anything, yet that doesn't mean you can just throw out mountains of evidence leading to a conclusion just because you feel like it.

I'm not the one saying that something is 100%, I'm saying that nothing is 100%. There is no irrefutable proof for anything, so how can I have proof for something when my argument is that there is no proof?

Usually it's the one that is trying to prove something that exists that needs to provide proof, not the other way around.

I take many pieces of evolution and put it in my puzzle piece of life. The parts I don't take are trumped by beliefs I think are better, and the parts I do take are compatible with my belief. End result I can tell you is much of evolution is respected by me.

----

""A person who has no rigorous background in Islamic studies, cuts and pastes evidence without any explanation. When he is informed that his usage is incorrect by the learned, he responds, "Prove it!" Any humble person should realize that hisown ignorance is sufficient of a proof that his contentions are wrong. But, as we know, these are the days of projection and very little introspection."" -Sh. Suhaib Webb

Quote is a reminder to myself first, and can also be applied in other fields.

Jager, you still seem to be avoiding the real issue. Of course it seems reasonable to say that we can't know something with 100% certainty, but my problem with your comments has more to do with you applying a completely different standard for burden of proof on evolution than on other scientific principles that you take for granted. Will you honestly say that we can't be 100% certain about gravity, or the Earth being round? So I guess that I can see how you believe your stance is logical, but I do really believe you're taking it a degree too far. Can we just agree that evolution is extremely well documented and verified through observation and scientific testing, to the point that we can very reasonably assume that it's the working principle on which all life changes and adapts?

I'm only calling those that ignore the evidence, ignorant.

So the Bible doesn't say God created human beings? If so, then why do you keep suggesting one did? If not, then there's your religion's creation account....literally.

I have no problem with conceding that allegories can contain 'moral truths'. Allegories certainly have been and are part of our social evolution. Obviously, the problem lies in when mythological allegories are claimed to be factual accounting of the natural world in opposition to the supported evidence and understanding of the natural world through the scientific process.

There isn't any evidence that you are able to dress yourself in the morning either, so of course I naturally don't believe that you dress yourself in the morning.

That's the point.

I want 100% conclusive, irrefutable, notarized, corroborated proof.

Archived