The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

Did you even see the probability that was assigned to the Common Ancestor model??

“ A universal common ancestor is at least 102860 times more probable than having multiple ancestors…[4]

A model with a single common ancestor but allowing for some gene swapping among species was... 103489 times more probable than the best multi-ancestor model.
That's a 1 with 3,489 zeros after it
[4]

You can't even grasp the basic math of that quote, can you?

The fact that the probability is so large, shows evolution from a common ancestor to be statistically as strong as it gets, aka 'scientific fact'.

I'm probably wasting my time thinking you've taken a Stats course and know anything about probability.

You believe whatever your pea-brain tells you to believe. You don't even have a cogent argument anymore against evolution....it's all about a semantic victory for you at this point. That's your only refuge.

In science, when something has a probability as high as the UCA, it's airtight........even that 1 in over one-hundred thousand chance, isn't big enough for anyone educated to suggest anything but a slam-dunk in reality.

You keep living in the world of 'what if'...but when you pick up a text book and get some 'learnin' in ya and grow up enough to live in the world of 'what is', let me know.

As a Christian, the question of how the world was created never seemed to be that important, to be honest. I actually believe that as far as how the world created, evolution does make the most sense.

Again though, it has never been important to me as to how the world was created, but 'who' created it. To me, the probability of evolution just 'happening' without the work of devine intervention is improbable.

I have never been one to force my beliefs down peoples throats. Can be seen as a good and a bad thing. I would rather have my actions speak more than my words. However, there always comes a time when people do need to speak out in support of what they believe in.

dinosaur fossils = not a mystery + not against Islam

radioactivity = not a mystery + not against Islam

distant stars? = not a mystery + not against Islam

Essentially what he did in that video was politely made fun of creationists. And he said that creationists can't be engineers. He didn't say anything in that video that went against my belief that God created. He destroyed some Xtian views that the Earth is young and that whole deal, but nothing else really.

I don't think he really made fun of creationists even in a light sense, he's just boggled as to why creationism still exists and asks that they not proselytise to their children.. for all the useful things Nye does this seems like an utter waste of time and more like a pastor sermonizing. I know religion is a farce but let parents be parents and Nye should stick to teaching children in school about science.

As a Christian, the question of how the world was created never seemed to be that important, to be honest. I actually believe that as far as how the world created, evolution does make the most sense.

Again though, it has never been important to me as to how the world was created, but 'who' created it. To me, the probability of evolution just 'happening' without the work of devine intervention is improbable.

I have never been one to force my beliefs down peoples throats. Can be seen as a good and a bad thing. I would rather have my actions speak more than my words. However, there always comes a time when people do need to speak out in support of what they believe in.

The weird thing is that to me, from that video, Bill Nye thinks all creationists can't believe in fossils, radioactivity, distant stars or anything else which took a long time to create and evolve and form into existence. He maybe does not realize that a 'creationist' can believe in the overwhelming majority of ToE. Or maybe our definitions for creationist are different, maybe by his standard I'm not a creationist. What I think is going on, is because of how almost every aspect of ToE has completely destroyed some Christians view who hold on to the 'Young Earth' belief and etc, he applies the same destruction of belief to other beliefs such as mine. The reality is, I don't accept every bit of evolution, but I respect the vast majority of it to the extent that nothing he said in that video applied to me other than the label of 'creationist' which just means I believe teh is was created.

'What' and 'How' are the gears of the universe, but 'Why' is what turns those gears.

Sure, our origins according to ToE keep us on no separate line of descent from those the theory state we evolved alongside.

To be honest, I can't tell you how it happened exactly, that's a biologists or another scientists job which I understand they are doing. The Qur'an is largely silent on this issue so that's why I don't have a problem believing in the rest of evolution. I just believe us humans are separate from evolving from a common ancestor. And this also does not mean that I do not subcribe to the view that us humans have evolved since our origins, I'm just saying our origins are seperate.

Archived