The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Getting a dog!

Versace

If your going for a small-medium dog, I'd go with a Bulldog or Pug...both are pretty cool

However, if you want an AMAZING dog that might grow a little bit bigger, I recommend an AKITA hands down.

And they're smart. They are trained as both guide dogs and police dogs in Japan and here in N

So I am planning on getting a dog next June and I was wondering which type of dog I should get. I want a small - medium size dog that is capable of being left alone while no one is home (7 hours a day) that does not smell, shedding minimally, likes to stay inside (dont have a fenced backyard) and that is intelligent. Thanks in advance! This is my first dog so I want a low maintanence dog.

Adorable. If my mom wasn't so opposed to getting a cat I would have done it ages ago. When I finish school and get my own place my dream is to adopt a kitten and a dog at the same time.

I have a mini Aussie Shepherd and I love her to pieces. Super friendly, loves to play, loyal and really smart (sometimes, hahaha)...she does shed quite a bit though which I guess is the only downside.

<p>Another vote here for a Shihtzu.

I have a 10year old Shihtzu-Bichon. Great little guy. 17lbs (which is bigger than average for that breed). Doesn't bark often; listens quickly when you tell him to stfu. Was very easy to train. Very mellow dog except when he meets new people, then he goes bonkers. No shedding (allergies are the reason we got him). We put a pee pad thing in the garage so when we're not home for 8 hours or so at a time, he uses it. Never chews furniture.

Archived