The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(article) 5 reasons Luongo should stay in Vancouver..... for now

Red-Haired_Shanks

^^ I dont think anybody could argue with all this. We have all seen it going on for a long time. The amazing thing is that Luongo does make saves even despite all the flaws in his game.

It's funny Smurf, your above statement actually describes Alex Auld very well too.

wouldn't mind luongo staying a little while longer while lack develops. i've heard he's 'nhl ready' now but another year with the wolves would be good until we know for sure where luongo is going (as stated above if GMMG can't get a deal together) gives us the option of having the best 1-2 for at least 1 more season

^^ I dont think anybody could argue with all this. We have all seen it going on for a long time. The amazing thing is that Luongo does make saves even despite all the flaws in his game.

It's funny Smurf, your above statement actually describes Alex Auld very well too.

Lets start with his hands. He can;t hold onto his stick and drops a lot of shots with his glove. The "flashing" the leather. as he is want to do, is all for show. His rebound control has become a huge problem for him,directing the shots into high percentage rebound areas. He is a terrible skater with way below average lateral movement. Teams shoot on him from every angle because he is slow to get to proper position in net. His positional play is getting worse, he is slow squaring to shooter(read puck). He is near the bottom of the pack in shootout save percentage which reflects his poor fundamentals. His butterfly is poor, his 5 hole is huge because his stick doesn;t cver it when he goes down. He plays small for a big goalie, goes down too soon, is an easy read and very vulnerable to high shots, He is poor in traffic and does not adequately seal off bottom of the net. He guess too much and anticipates poorly. He seems to not play well under pressure. He relies on reflexes too much. I don;t believe he even wears pads, gloves that are best suited for his style. Leg pads are too stiff and hard and give up huge rebounds. I'm sure I missed something but this is a good bite for you to chew on. Any more questions...ask Karnack who has been involved in the goaltending science for 43 years ! He just might have the answer for a SSI non goalie !

• 3 weeks later...

If this year gets cancelled Lu will be over 34 years old.

My guess is he will retire. Don t think he is willing to go just anywhere to make Canucks management happy and no other team will be interested in him .

We don t hear about him going either to Europe or practicing with the Canucks or anywhere else by the same token.

Don t believe he is that interested in hockey that much anymore after all the saga that has happened in Vancouver.

The Canucks will have lost him for nothing.

If this year gets cancelled Lu will be over 34 years old.

My guess is he will retire. Don t think he is willing to go just anywhere to make Canucks management happy and no other team will be interested in him .

We don t hear about him going either to Europe or practicing with the Canucks or anywhere else by the same token.

Don t believe he is that interested in hockey that much anymore after all the saga that has happened in Vancouver.

The Canucks will have lost him for nothing.

Lets start with his hands. He can;t hold onto his stick and drops a lot of shots with his glove. The "flashing" the leather. as he is want to do, is all for show. His rebound control has become a huge problem for him,directing the shots into high percentage rebound areas. He is a terrible skater with way below average lateral movement. Teams shoot on him from every angle because he is slow to get to proper position in net. His positional play is getting worse, he is slow squaring to shooter(read puck). He is near the bottom of the pack in shootout save percentage which reflects his poor fundamentals. His butterfly is poor, his 5 hole is huge because his stick doesn;t cver it when he goes down. He plays small for a big goalie, goes down too soon, is an easy read and very vulnerable to high shots, He is poor in traffic and does not adequately seal off bottom of the net. He guess too much and anticipates poorly. He seems to not play well under pressure. He relies on reflexes too much. I don;t believe he even wears pads, gloves that are best suited for his style. Leg pads are too stiff and hard and give up huge rebounds. I'm sure I missed something but this is a good bite for you to chew on. Any more questions...ask Karnack who has been involved in the goaltending science for 43 years ! He just might have the answer for a SSI non goalie !

Archived