The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Found something on the L.A Kings site.. Made me laugh

Laheys Liquor

cool story

i was on hf boards and a wild fan said " my favorite part of the playoffs is watching vancouver choke"

and i replied "you want to talk about choking , how about leading the league for 5 months and then missing the playoffs"

then i got banned

There's a reason why the Wild spank us every time we go in their arena. It's because they want to give their silly fans a big show. While the Canucks act like it's any other game on the schedule.

The Wild circle their home games against us every season. Like it's ultra-important to them. Ie. Their playoffs.

Meh. Maybe their additions this season will make them a legit threat again and our team may care.

Pfft. Wild fans.

cool story

i was on hf boards and a wild fan said " my favorite part of the playoffs is watching vancouver choke"

and i replied "you want to talk about choking , how about leading the league for 5 months and then missing the playoffs"

then i got banned

Speaking of teams that consider themselves rivals to the Canucks, did anyone else get a kick out of the Flames' goal horn last season? I swear it went off multiple times for one goal to atone for all the times they did not score against Vancouver.

The Wild have only made it to the playoffs twice in their entire history. The Canucks have been to the finals 3 times, won two consecutive presidents trophies, and won the Northwest division a total of 9 times winning it for the past 4 consecutive seasons. We have been consistently one of the top-offsensive teams while also winning the Jennings and consistently bolstering one of the leagues best defending two-way rosters. We have also made the playoffs 22 times, winning 12 series in total.

We don't have to pay $20-million per year just to have players sign with us. In fact, we generally get players at a discount. We also have half of our salaries spread across more than 4 players and considerable scoring depth.

Minnesota has spent an enormous amount of money to bolster their roster and yet will more than likely miss the playoffs for yet another year while the Canucks are once again considered one of the league's top contender's despite the holes we still have on our 2nd line.

Yeah, sucks to be us... :bigblush:

The Wild should stop flattering themselves, aim horizontally, and concern themselves with Calgary, a team they are more and more looking like.

Heatley, Suter, Parise and Koivu make up the most over paid four players on any single team in the NHL - over 29 million cap hit for those four players - add Backstrom and their top 5 make over 35 million. Then look at the rest of the team.... The reason they collapsed last year is because they are a very shallow, weak hockey club. When your top producer is Heatley, scoring 53 points at 7.5 million.. They have a couple decent, reasonably priced players, but aside from Clutterbuck, Setoguchi and Brodziak, there's not much depth or players of interest on that roster. I'll be surprised if they aren't neck and neck with the Flames - who likewise have an over-priced core (Bouwmeester, Cammalleri, Wideman...) and then a whole lot of question marks...

Archived