The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hypocritical Republican paradoxes that I can't see how anyone in their party can justify:

1) They claim to want to balance the budget, BUT always support huge tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations despite that they are proven to increase the defecit.

2) They claim to want to slash government spending as much as possible, BUT not only do they always refuse to cut defense spending, they persistently insist on increasing it.

3) They say that government should have virtually no involvement in people's lives, BUT they want a constitutional ban on abortion.

Even if I supported this party's economic policies (which anyways I don't), if I was an American I just couldn't bring myself to vote for them, because they're some of the slimiest, most dishonest crooks in the country.

Romney will be worse. I'm saying they're both terrible, they're the exact same, they will do whatever makes them the most money and give them the most power. Yes this does include revoking rights. Watch out America, this election is going to be crucial for your country.

Romney will be worse. I'm saying they're both terrible, they're the exact same, they will do whatever makes them the most money and give them the most power. Yes this does include revoking rights. Watch out America, this election is going to be crucial for your country.

To be completely honest, for me it would be a tough call if I had to pick between the two. Romney comes off as a raving lunatic much of the time, but his record as governor of Mass. is solid economically and I hope some of his socially conservative preaching is just rabble-rousing.

On the other hand, we can trust Obama not to outlaw abortion, etc, but he has shown a systematic inability to deal with the Republican congress or manage the deficit responsibly. If I were an American, I would vote for Ron Paul; if I had to choose between the major party leaders, I would probably vote for Obama.

I could have sworn OP is the one who writes what candidates go on the Presidential ballot.. oh, snap.. :picard:

But I will note next time OP puts two options and tells you no third one, especially if those options are "jump off a bridge" and "blow yourself up", you'll religiously follow his instructions. :bigblush:

Obviously we don't care if he doesn't want to include anyone besides Obama or Romney. I'm also not going to vote on the poll because it doesn't include anyone I'm actually voting for.

As long as Ron Paul doesn't endorse Mitt Romney or back out from the race I'm voting for him. If he does, then I vote for Gary Johnson come October.

If they're exactly the same, why is the election so crucial?

But on the other hand, I do agree with you about the disappointing similarities between the two candidates and their ideologies. And by ideologies, I mean willingness to do anything they are "paid" to do. Still, Romney takes this to a whole new level.

Well you decided to use the straw man of 100%.. why would percentages suddenly not matter? I bet it's because it's no longer a convenience to your argument.

Deregulation is better when the markets are left alone, and government isn't playing favourites through subsidies and bailouts. That way, each business is ( :o) actually responsible for itself if it wants to succeed, and not given a golden parachute or extensive subsidies. This is why as I get older I'm becoming less and less favourable to Keynes' vision.. it's one thing to have a vision, it's another to have it taken over and caricatured to the corporatist point seen today.

It's doubtful Ron Paul wants complete deregulation, it's nearly impossible that he'd even be able to accomplish it pretending he did.. what I'm trying to figure out is where your belief of regulation ends? I'm perfectly accepting of a little of A and B in moderation, but right now all I see is you and extremes.

Where I live, people need jobs. It all comes down to that. A budget has passed the House of Representatives, and has gone no where in the Senate. This budget needs to pass because it contains tax rules that affect small businesses, which are not run like corporations, and without it, it will affect future hiring trends.

The ACA also known as Obamacare will affect hiring because it mandates that employers provide health insurance. Instead of paying your employees more, or adding more employees, employers will now have to add this benefit. The average benefit plan costs an employer about $15,000 per employee per year for a family plan. A true free market would allow employers to pay their employees more, say $10,000 a year or more, and let them buy their own insurance plan on the free mareket or whatever they want to spend that money on. More money in their pocket, more money they will spend, and the better the overall economy will do.

Archived