#1 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

Canada Closes Embassy in Iran, Expels Iranian Diplomats from Canada

September 7, 2012 – Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird today issued the following statement:

“Canada has closed its embassy in Iran, effective immediately, and declared personae non gratae all remaining Iranian diplomats in Canada.

“Canada’s position on the regime in Iran is well known. Canada views the Government of Iran as the most significant threat to global peace and security in the world today.

“The Iranian regime is providing increasing military assistance to the Assad regime; it refuses to comply with UN resolutions pertaining to its nuclear program; it routinely threatens the existence of Israel and engages in racist anti-Semitic rhetoric and incitement to genocide; it is among the world’s worst violators of human rights; and it shelters and materially supports terrorist groups, requiring the Government of Canada to formally list Iran as a state sponsor of terrorism under the Justice for Victims of Terrorism Act.

“Moreover, the Iranian regime has shown blatant disregard for the Vienna Convention and its guarantee of protection for diplomatic personnel. Under the circumstances, Canada can no longer maintain a diplomatic presence in Iran. Our diplomats serve Canada as civilians, and their safety is our number one priority.

“Diplomatic relations between Canada and Iran have been suspended. All Canadian diplomatic staff have left Iran, and Iranian diplomats in Ottawa have been instructed to leave within five days.

“Canadians in Iran seeking routine consular and passport services should contact the Embassy of Canada in Ankara, Turkey, or any other Canadian mission. Those who require urgent assistance should contact the Emergency Watch and Response Centre in Ottawa, by calling collect at 613-996-8885 or by sending an email to sos@international.gc.ca.

“Canada has updated its Travel Reports and Warnings to advise Canadians to avoid all travel to Iran. Canadians who have Iranian nationality are warned in particular that the Iranian regime does not recognize the principle of dual nationality. By doing so, Iran makes it virtually impossible for Government of Canada officials to provide consular assistance to Iranian-Canadians in difficulty.”

http://www.internati...07a.aspx?view=d

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#2 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

:huh: Sounds good.
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

View Postdajusta, on 27 March 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#3 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,074 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

So much for "dialogue" .. Iran could wipe our armed forces out in 30 minutes .. maybe keeping diplomatic channels open is a better option? .. freekin' Neo-con "posers" .. :lol:
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

#4 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

It is obvious that something is up.
[quote name='Tearloch7' timestamp='1347038446' post='10889745']
So much for "dialogue" .. Iran could wipe our armed forces out in 30 minutes .. maybe keeping diplomatic channels open is a better option? .. freekin' Neo-con "posers" .. :lol:
[/quote]Neocons are usually pro-military and seek to build strength. The problem is too many Canadian kids are more interested in playing Call of Duty instead of serving our country.

#5 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

Something is going down, it is only a matter of when. Canada's government has been pro-Israel for quite some time. I am certain Bibi would let our government know it is time to get out of Dodge. And then there is the US prepositioned in Tajikistan, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and Afghanistan, and kept most of its military hardware in place since the drawdowns.

#6 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,424 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:42 AM

Worst aspect of Harper gov't, imo. We are again puppets of the US.

I kinda miss Chretien's flip the bird attitude towards our southern neighbors.
Posted Image

#7 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:43 AM

Neocons are usually pro-military and seek to build strength. The problem is too many Canadian kids are more interested in playing Call of Duty instead of serving our country.

Would you fight for a govt. that lies and steals from you. I'm not going to. I would however fight against them. Something very big is about to happen....we won't know until it does, because that's how the govt. wants it to play out..something like 6 billion people on this beautiful planet and the govts. of the world want to drop that number to 1 billion. a NEW WORLD ORDER. I DON'T THINK SO!!! WAKE UP people. I play Ghost recon because Call of duty is sh!t.
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#8 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

I would not say that. Obama wants nothing to do with Israel, and is trying to stop them. http://www.washingto...0650_story.html

#9 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

Would you fight for a govt. that lies and steals from you. I'm not going to. I would however fight against them. Something very big is about to happen....we won't know until it does, because that's how the govt. wants it to play out..something like 6 billion people on this beautiful planet and the govts. of the world want to drop that number to 1 billion. a NEW WORLD ORDER. I DON'T THINK SO!!! WAKE UP people. I play Ghost recon because Call of duty is sh!t.

LOL AWESOME POST. I didn't know Dale Gribble was on CDC! Or should I say Rusty Shackleford?

Edited by SukhKular, 07 September 2012 - 10:47 AM.

I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

View Postdajusta, on 27 March 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#10 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

Neocons are usually pro-military and seek to build strength. The problem is too many Canadian kids are more interested in playing Call of Duty instead of serving our country.

Oh the humanity! Canadian kids enjoy life instead of giving it up for dubious causes they don't grasp yet.

I'm sure you're glad all those Canadian kids served their country in Afghanistan, huh.

:picard:

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#11 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

I have many friends who serve in the US and Canadian military, and they have my utmost respect and adoration. They have all volunteered to do something that most of us do not have the guts to do.

As for some macro evil intent, what is wrong with trying to ensure your livelihood. Iran gets nukes, Iran will use it. Heck, go to the mosque in Tehran every Friday and listen to the people chant "Death to Israel" and then listen to the Iranian president talks of extriminating those Jewish rats, while compounding all of this by an eschatological religious view about the imminence of Mahdi's arrival.

#12 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

Oh the humanity! Canadian kids enjoy life instead of giving it up for dubious causes they don't grasp yet.

I'm sure you're glad all those Canadian kids served their country in Afghanistan, huh.

:picard:

Those Canadian kids did an amazing job in Afghanistan, and genuinely made a difference through their compassion work and approach. They did such a good job that the Afghans did not want them to leave.

#13 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

Did you serve your country?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

You really think this is just towing the line? Canada should have cut all ties with the Iranian government after they tortured, raped, and murdered a Canadian citizen:

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Zahra_Kazemi

Either way this move is largely cermonial. Canada has not had embassadors in Iran for a while.

#15 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,424 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

Did you serve your country?

Posted Image

Hell yeah!

(lol at Canadian 'ultra-patriots')
Posted Image

#16 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

I bet Iran feels really threatened.
How do you embarrass a crackhead wearing a viking helmet?

How do you roast charcoal? -- Jeff Ross

#17 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,074 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

Posted Image

Hell yeah!

(lol at Canadian 'ultra-patriots')

Funniest thing I have seen in days .. and I read ALL the Neo-con/pro-Israeli crap on this Forum .. +1 .. :lol:
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

#18 VICanucksfan5551

VICanucksfan5551

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,048 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

Not a good sign...
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#19 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,004 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

Not a good sign...

I agree McDonalds is crap, and that sign is kind of ugly. You were talking about the post above yours right?
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

#20 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

I know. Terrible. It doesn't even have the little maple leaf in it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#21 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Is our PM 6 years old? This seems VERY immature.

#22 VICanucksfan5551

VICanucksfan5551

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,048 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

I agree McDonalds is crap, and that sign is kind of ugly. You were talking about the post above yours right?

Exactly! I've seen much better signs at other businesses.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#23 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

Something is going down, it is only a matter of when. Canada's government has been pro-Israel for quite some time. I am certain Bibi would let our government know it is time to get out of Dodge. And then there is the US prepositioned in Tajikistan, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and Afghanistan, and kept most of its military hardware in place since the drawdowns.

#24 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

Hopefully a draft can happen :)

#25 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,004 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

Hopefully a draft can happen :)

Why would anyone hope for that?? What's wrong with you?
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

#26 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

Is this a joke? You think it's a problem that 'canadian kids' are staying home playing video games instead of going to other countries to kill people in the mass slaughter that is war? This has to be one of the most barbaric posts I have read in a while. Peace will not come until one side agrees not to fight. War only strenghtens the resolve of your enemy which certifies more death and in return gets you very very little, if anything.

Edited by hsedin33, 07 September 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#27 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

While I agree that the embassy should have been closed much earlier, its never a positive to lessen dialogue. It doesn't mean any " thing " is coming in the near future lol, just a technicality.

Also, don't be so fast to assume Canada would be in big trouble or have their Armed Forces wiped out by Iran...not to mention Canada is very valuable to the fading and up and coming super powers USA and China....
Posted Image

#28 LMAO

LMAO

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

I have an older brother who is a brigadier general in the forces. He knows a lot of classified information that he can't tell anyone outside of his inner circle of other high ranking military officials. However, for instance, he does share his thoughts on some global issues. He was able to predict the uprisings in North Africa and the Middle East over a year before the first protests which I find crazy.
Re: Iran and Syria, he says that the USA, Canada as well as EU nations will have troops on the ground in these countries within a year after the US elections. He said that Iran wasn't backing down to Western economic pressure to change their oil polices and that diplomacy is now considered futile. He tells me this stuff because he says it really isn't all that classified, some of the general public realize it as well.
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Kanyeezzzy and Burreeezzzy"

#29 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

Then go enlist.
I'll send you a goodbye from the comfort of my living room on the knowledge I'm not putting my life at risk for something I don't care about.
Posted Image

#30 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,577 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

I betcha Iran's crying itself to sleep now because CANADA was out.

Oh the humanity!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.