Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

I'm calling it - OKC Barons win the '13 Calder Cup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#31 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,191 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

A good team needs a good veteran presence and some grit as well as having skill. It's not just about who has the most top prospects. I like Chicago's balance. They have the right players to win in different ways, whether it be a gritty shutdown game, or a fast paced skill game.

The wolves should do well.

Oh and OKC lost to a much weaker Lake Eerie team tonight. No points for Nugent-Hopkins or Eberle. One point for Schultz, but he was a -2.

So as you can see, it's not like the AHL is an easy league to put up points in. There's good players in this league, especially with the lockout. Sure they have a good roster, but so does every other team.

Edited by DeNiro, 12 October 2012 - 11:43 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#32 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,191 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

I'm thinking the Bridgeport Sound Tigers will have quite the season as well. Forgot about this when I initially posted here but as today is the first day of the regular season for the AHL and a number of them did already impress, I thought I'd pop them down as definite candidates to win.

Niederreiter
Hamonic
de Haan
Kabanov
Cizikas
Nelson
Ness
Ullstrom
Wishart

Very solid in both forwards and defencemen

Yea, that's one heck of a roster.

Hamonic with 3 assists tonight, Cizakas with 2 goals, Niedereitter with 3 points, and Kabanov with 2 points.

But even having that much firepower doesn't guarantee wins. They let in 4 goals even with a D containing De Haan, Hamonic, and Wishart. You still need goaltending.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#33 Psycho_Path

Psycho_Path

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

Yea, that's one heck of a roster.

Hamonic with 3 assists tonight, Cizakas with 2 goals, Niedereitter with 3 points, and Kabanov with 2 points.

But even having that much firepower doesn't guarantee wins. They let in 4 goals even with a D containing De Haan, Hamonic, and Wishart. You still need goaltending.

It's true, and their goaltender in net I've never heard of before.
Posted Image

#34 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

interesting that eberle gets sent down but not hall & yikes at that team.

Hall is hurt still so he won't be yet and Yikes hasn't played in the NHL yet so its either CHL or Europe for him.
Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.