Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Prospect Stats Tracker 2012-13 (Regular Season)

Discussion

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#91 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,620 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Just when everyone was writting off Schroeder he now is only one point behind Kassian in AHL scoring.
Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "angrycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#92 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,218 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

I just want to know how long before archi gets recalled. with the numerous struggling forwards on the wolves and his great point production, physicality, and dance moves on the k-wings, it's only a matter of time.

#93 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,458 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Outside of Schroeder it seems like a lot of guys have gone a bit cold. Jensen is on a 3 game pointless streak. Corrado has 1 point in his last 3 games. Only 1 point in 15 games for our NCAA forwards isn't a positive sign, especially since I was expected 25-30 points from Labate this year.
Sig too big.

#94 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

how's Rodin been? I see he's still pointless; what kind of role has he been utilized in? Has his play at least been good, even though he hasn't been scoring?

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#95 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Not a great decision by MG in bringing Scott Arniel back as coach. Loved MacT last year. MG should have gone with someone else.

#96 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

Not a great decision by MG in bringing Scott Arniel back as coach. Loved MacT last year. MG should have gone with someone else.

The question was who else though, MacTavish took the front office job with the Oilers and there weren't too many options.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#97 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,218 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

The question was who else though, MacTavish took the front office job with the Oilers and there weren't too many options.

MacTavish was fired for his bad performance and then the oilers invented a role for him to take in their org to save face. basically they said you either quit or you're fired, he called his friends at the oilers, they invented a roll, then the "official" word was that he took up a new position at the oilers so he had to leave the Wolves (that job title never existed before).

as for Arniel, I've always liked him, the Wolves were tied for 2nd in the league before the checkers game, and would have been first in the league had they won, so it's not like they are struggling. i just don't see where the hate is coming from.

#98 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

Can anyone bring some insight for me concerning Rodin's play please?

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#99 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,218 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

Can anyone bring some insight for me concerning Rodin's play please?

he hasn't been playing, not much to comment on. don't really notice him out there that much, but he plays a physical perimeter game for the most part.

#100 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,446 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

Lack's numbers have been far from spectacular. He would have really been lit up this season if we traded Luongo and expected him to play 20 games as a backup.

Kassian and Jensen aren't really shining, but they're not dissapointing. 8 goals in 19 games against competition far superior to the AHL is actually pretty impressive from Jensen, but he hasn't been standing out. Same goes for Kassian and Schroeder - they're going to be looking at a 0.6 or 0.7 points-per-game in the AHL which would usually translate to a decent bottom-6 scorer in the NHL.
Posted Image

#101 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,620 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Lack's numbers have been far from spectacular. He would have really been lit up this season if we traded Luongo and expected him to play 20 games as a backup.

Kassian and Jensen aren't really shining, but they're not dissapointing. 8 goals in 19 games against competition far superior to the AHL is actually pretty impressive from Jensen, but he hasn't been standing out. Same goes for Kassian and Schroeder - they're going to be looking at a 0.6 or 0.7 points-per-game in the AHL which would usually translate to a decent bottom-6 scorer in the NHL.

Is teh Sweddish league really that much better then the AHL. I alway's thought the AHL was comparable to the KHL in terms of talent.
Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "angrycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#102 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,218 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Is teh Sweddish league really that much better then the AHL. I alway's thought the AHL was comparable to the KHL in terms of talent.

they are all fairly equal, though the KHL probably gets the nod in terms of top end talent (but their bottom end is much lower, bringing the average back down)

Edited by avelanch, 06 November 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#103 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

KHL>SEL>>AHL

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#104 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,218 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

KHL>SEL>>AHL

have you watched each league? from what I've seen, the average skill level isn't that much different unless you are just talking about the high end talent. the problem is, outside of the top players, the khl is far worse than the other leagues, it's only because their top talent is so good that it makes them a slightly higher level of overall talent. the majority of KHL players would be in the ECHL over here. the league is just a bunch of plugs and superstars.

#105 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,412 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

have you watched each league? from what I've seen, the average skill level isn't that much different unless you are just talking about the high end talent. the problem is, outside of the top players, the khl is far worse than the other leagues, it's only because their top talent is so good that it makes them a slightly higher level of overall talent. the majority of KHL players would be in the ECHL over here. the league is just a bunch of plugs and superstars.

In mother Russia - you are plug or you are superstar.
Posted Image

#106 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,218 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

In mother Russia - you are plug or you are superstar.

in mother russia superstar plugs you... or something like that.

seriously though. there are very few players that would be AHL or NHL 4th/3rd line material.

#107 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

MacTavish was fired for his bad performance and then the oilers invented a role for him to take in their org to save face. basically they said you either quit or you're fired, he called his friends at the oilers, they invented a roll, then the "official" word was that he took up a new position at the oilers so he had to leave the Wolves (that job title never existed before).

as for Arniel, I've always liked him, the Wolves were tied for 2nd in the league before the checkers game, and would have been first in the league had they won, so it's not like they are struggling. i just don't see where the hate is coming from.

But how was MacT's coaching a bad performance? I actually thought he did a pretty decent job with the Wolves last year.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#108 Rollieo Del Fuego

Rollieo Del Fuego

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

Why do we not have someone rated in the top 50 players in the OHL, Quebec or Western Leagues?
I suppose if he wasn't injured Gaunce might be in there but if Corrado isn't in there with a point a game as a D man, I don't Gaunce would have been either.

Are we just that bad at drafting?

#109 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

I hope the Canucks can gain a decent prospect in the Luongo deal. For how well the Canucks have been playing the last 5 season's, I dont think the prospect pool could be that much deeper than it already is. I hope the scouting staff really knows what they're doing or a lengthy re-build could happen in the next few seasons. There is still much to like with the Canucks prospects though. Kassian, Jensen, Guance, Tanev, Lack, Corrodo, all seem to be decent up and comers. I think Bill Sweat is another very under rated prospect who seems to be playing alot better this season even if the numbers are not really there. Rodin looked alot better last night against the Checkers with seven shots on net and picking up a point aswell. I like his skill set and hope he develops into a decent player.

If the Canucks can hit a home run on either Labate,Mcnally,and Price then they haven't done to bad of a job replenishing the cupboards for the future.
:towel:

#110 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Why do we not have someone rated in the top 50 players in the OHL, Quebec or Western Leagues?
I suppose if he wasn't injured Gaunce might be in there but if Corrado isn't in there with a point a game as a D man, I don't Gaunce would have been either.

Jensen would definitely be there had had stuck around in the OHL.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#111 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,909 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Because in the last two drafts, of the 6 players that we drafted from the CHL that would even be eligible to play in that league now; only 3 of them are still playing there (Gaunce, Corrado, Honzik).

And any list that doesn't have Gaunce or Corrado in the top 50 for OHL players, is a very poorly constructed list. Even though these guys are underrated prospects, you can't deny their status.

Corrado is second on his team in points despite being a defenseman, and 4th overall in OHL scoring for a defensemen. He was also a top 5 finalist for OHL defenseman of the year last year. Gaunce is also second in points on his team despite being injured and missing 7 games so far. Both are captains of their respective teams.

I think everyone has come to the conclusion that Honzik was a poor pick. But you never know. He hasn't even played at all this season, though, so it's not looking good.

As for the other three (Jensen, Grenier, and Mallet), they're already farther along in their development than OHL players. Jensen is his teams top scorer, and leads rookie goalie scoring in the SEL. He's also on the teams top PP unit, and occasionally sees time on the top line.

Grenier is a first line center on the Red Bulls in the Austrian league after working his way up from the fourth line. Since then he's been put on the top PP unit and been one of his teams most consistent scorers. And Mallet has shown that he can handle the physical game of the AHL, he just needs to earn a permanent spot on the roster by producing offensively, which will come.

Edited by DeNiro, 07 November 2012 - 05:05 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#112 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,218 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Corrado is 42nd in OHL scoring.

#113 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

WHL definitely. It's horrible.

OHL is looking pretty good.

QMJHL... meh, kinda iffy.

But I agree with DeNiro though - the prospects we do have in the system do have some potential. Not all of them will make it - that's almost certain - but the depth of our pool has increased a lot. It just doesn't as great because of a relative lack of shiny big names other than Kassian and Jensen - the high-end guys. Depth-wise I think it compares favourably to many other teams' pools.

Edited by Canvoucer Vanuck, 09 November 2012 - 01:43 AM.

#114 Rollieo Del Fuego

Rollieo Del Fuego

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

WHL definitely. It's horrible.

OHL is looking pretty good.

QMJHL... meh, kinda iffy.

But I agree with DeNiro though - the prospects we do have in the system do have some potential. Not all of them will make it - that's almost certain - but the depth of our pool has increased a lot. It just doesn't as great because of a relative lack of shiny big names other than Kassian and Jensen - the high-end guys. Depth-wise I think it compares favourably to many other teams' pools.

DeNiro did a nice run down of things and I agree with you too.
It was really more a cry in the woods bellyache than anything.
I really believe we have at least one first line forward and one first pairing D already in the system that aren't named Jensen or Kassian.
McNally, Corrado and others on D and we have many intriguing long shots for first line forwards, most of those were picked in the last couple years so it will take some time before there time comes.
Tanev was our last lucky strike but he is unlikely to be a first pairing D.

#115 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

DeNiro did a nice run down of things and I agree with you too.
It was really more a cry in the woods bellyache than anything.
I really believe we have at least one first line forward and one first pairing D already in the system that aren't named Jensen or Kassian.
McNally, Corrado and others on D and we have many intriguing long shots for first line forwards, most of those were picked in the last couple years so it will take some time before there time comes.
Tanev was our last lucky strike but he is unlikely to be a first pairing D.

Who do you believe could turn into a 1st line forward? Other than Jensen and Kassian.

McNally seems like he could be a good 2nd pairing D, but top PP quarterback guy one day. Corrado has an outside chance of being a top pairing defender.

Tanev may never be a 1st pairing D-man but I believe he's already good enough to play on some teams' 2nd pair. And that he should become a steady, 2nd-pairing guy.

#116 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,537 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

I would recommend to seperate the prospects from actual Canucks.

As it's gonna be very hard to read through if/when the season starts.

And maybe add their postions. You made this? Amazing, wish I could even make a website.
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

I got kicked out of the slut walk for trying to bid on the participants.

-BananaMash

#117 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,218 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:15 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#118 Rollieo Del Fuego

Rollieo Del Fuego

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Who do you believe could turn into a 1st line forward? Other than Jensen and Kassian.

McNally seems like he could be a good 2nd pairing D, but top PP quarterback guy one day. Corrado has an outside chance of being a top pairing defender.

Tanev may never be a 1st pairing D-man but I believe he's already good enough to play on some teams' 2nd pair. And that he should become a steady, 2nd-pairing guy.

I think Schroeder, Grenier, Archibald, Gaunce and Westerholm all have a chance and really our college prospects do to; Myron Beattie and Labate.
All longs shots but you never know until they are in there early 20's.
I sure wish we had gotten Shultz instead of Edmonton though.

#119 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,927 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

Can we write off Honzik yet?

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#120 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,412 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Can we write off Honzik yet?

Seeing as he has only played 2 periods this year.....
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.