Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pears

(Proposal) Oilers-Flyers

18 posts in this topic

I thought this trade would help both teams needs nicely:

To Edmonton: Sean Couturier

To Philly: Nick Schultz + Martin Marincin

With this deal Philly gets a solid D man to round out their top 4 currently of Coburn, Schenn, Timonen and now Schultz.

Edmonton gets a young center who looks very, very promising in Couturier. It would also allow the Oilers to ship out Hemsky for a top 4 D man if they chose to.

Thoughts?

Edmontons D is bad enough, and they have a glut of young forwards.

On the other hand, Couturier is worth way more than N. Schultz and Marincin, so Philly probably wouldn't do this either.

Couturier > any dman Edmonton has.

Not a chance philly accepts this. Edmonton takes it and runs

So are so dumb, I want to cut your balls off with a rusty lid from a green beans can so you can't contaminate the world with your offspring.

Why would Philly do this? Couturier is way better than both those players. If they give him up they need to at least get a top 2 guy back. You would think if they were really willing to part with him he would have been part of a package for Weber.

Philly doesn't need defense, especially with the lockout in place. Even without Pronger,they have Timonen, Coburn, Meszaros, Schenn, Grossmann, Lilja, Gustafsson, Bourdon and Gervais.

Edmontons D is bad enough, and they have a glut of young forwards.

On the other hand, Couturier is worth way more than N. Schultz and Marincin, so Philly probably wouldn't do this either.

Lol..... your proposals suck, way worse then mine and I joke in half of mine. :emot-parrot:

I thought this trade would help both teams needs nicely:

To Edmonton: Sean Couturier

To Philly: Nick Schultz + Martin Marincin

With this deal Philly gets a solid D man to round out their top 4 currently of Coburn, Schenn, Timonen and now Schultz.

Edmonton gets a young center who looks very, very promising in Couturier. It would also allow the Oilers to ship out Hemsky for a top 4 D man if they chose to.

Thoughts?

Meszaros is out for the year with a torn ACL or something like that. So their defense would be

Coburn - Schenn

Timonen - Grossman

Gustaffson - Bourdon

So yea, they need defense.

Meszaros is out for the year with a torn ACL or something like that. So their defense would be

Coburn - Schenn

Timonen - Grossman

Gustaffson - Bourdon

So yea, they need defense.