The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hamhuis donates $100,000 for new McDonalds

D.Doughty

Doesn't matter how much money you make, whether it's 10 million or 10 dollars, but if you choose to donate the money you have earned, you have the right to donate as much as you like, even if it isn't that significant when compared to others. It's still a donation, it's all good.

This is absolutely correct.

Daniel & Henrik's $1.5M donation has basically given them immunity from this fanbase's vitriol. They really didn't do much at all in the SCF, and they also really didn't do much in the playoffs this year (like the whole team, but, still, they're the "leaders").

Who's the one that typically gets all the hate? ROBERTO LUONGO. Who is also the guy that hasn't publicly donated a significant amount like this? You guessed it - Roberto Luongo. Instead, you see Lou hawking poker websites, and things of that nature. Pretty sad. I always wondered why he just didn't donate a big sum of money, like Danny & Hank. Would've taken a lot of pressure off of him from this fanbase (rightfully so, IMO).

Daniel & Henrik's $1.5M donation has basically given them immunity from this fanbase's vitriol. They really didn't do much at all in the SCF, and they also really didn't do much in the playoffs this year (like the whole team, but, still, they're the "leaders").

Who's the one that typically gets all the hate? ROBERTO LUONGO. Who is also the guy that hasn't publicly donated a significant amount like this? You guessed it - Roberto Luongo. Instead, you see Lou hawking poker websites, and things of that nature. Pretty sad. I always wondered why he just didn't donate a big sum of money, like Danny & Hank. Would've taken a lot of pressure off of him from this fanbase (rightfully so, IMO).

Anyone who has one negative thing to say about this is just ridiculous. Any charitable donation is commendable and this is a fairly substantial one. I don't care how much hockey players make, there's nothing forcing them to do any of this and when they do, let's keep it positive.

Well done, Danny. The community thanks you for caring. :)

Anyone who has one negative thing to say about this is just ridiculous. Any charitable donation is commendable and this is a fairly substantial one. I don't care how much hockey players make, there's nothing forcing them to do any of this and when they do, let's keep it positive.

Dan Hamhuis I think often suffers from his own shy, humble personality. He's among the best shut down D-men in the league, he's a class act all the way, and he's from BC and plays amazingly for his home team. This guy is great to have here in Van and I think his charity work goes beyond "Going through the motions" from what I've seen of him.

Second highest +- for defensemen in the entire NHL while playing against the top lines on the opposition for top minutes every game, check. 37 points while being a "stay at home defenseman", check. Laying down awesome hip checks? Check. That's 4.5mil in the bank by today's market standards. That and his presence is great for Bieksa and allows him to play his style of game to his potential.

Archived