The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Gillis on Team 1040 - 9/28/12

Strombone1

LOL!! Hammer dead weight? = joke. Hamhuis is the cornerstone of our d and an exemplary human being. Give your head a shake.

LOST out on Shultz? = joke. Guess every one of the other 29 gm's that 'lost out

on Shultz suck too huh?

Psssst!!!!!! Newsflash!! MG DIDN't trade Erhoff. Erhoff sniffed out the huge payday and left.

Hogson debacle?? Obvious Cody nut-hugger response. Reports are Cody wanted out because of ice time etc. If true....good riddance.

Gillis isn't perfect I agree but your post is full of troll, or fail. Depending on who's looking....

For all the grade schoolers out there who want to insult those of us who posted that Erhoff was traded, maybe go check the google machine again. Erhoff was traded by Van more than 24hrs ahead of July 1. Traded to NYI for a fourth round pick. He would not sign there, so NYI traded him to Buffalo for a fourth. Then Buffalo signed him to 4.0 mill for 10 yrs with a NTC.

Check it out!

He signed a month and half or so after July 1, because he was cleared to play at that time by my memory. So the risk was future injury which does occur with head injuries.

But while your on the IR the cap hit is $0.

At our end, the risk was missing out on Hamhuis or (gulp) Ballard July 1 long before he was cleared to play. Ultimately we lost that risk, but I probably would have done the same as Gillis did at the time had opportunities been the same.

Yea I agree LA won the risk and good for them. But the thing is.. can Gillis persuade Aquillini to chip out 3.5 mil for someone that will just sit at the sidelines? I mean yea it will cost $0 for Cap Hit while he is on IR... but there is still financial risks for the team.

"But the thing is.. can Gillis persuade Aquillini to chip out 3.5 mil for someone that will just sit at the sidelines? I mean yea it will cost $0 for Cap Hit while he is on IR... but there is still financial risks for the team.

odds are that the player is insured and while injured the owner is off the hook.

"But the thing is.. can Gillis persuade Aquillini to chip out 3.5 mil for someone that will just sit at the sidelines? I mean yea it will cost $0 for Cap Hit while he is on IR... but there is still financial risks for the team.

odds are that the player is insured and while injured the owner is off the hook.

What a crock; prior to Gilis landing here we weren't known as a team of divers. It is pretty obvious that part of his "thinking outside the box" strategy was to "draw" more power plays and what better way is there to do that than dive since almost nobody ever gets called for it. Unfortunately "the time to reign it in" was well before the series against Boston where the best refs in the league got so sick of watching us flop around that they simply put their whistles in their pockets. It will be a tough label for us to shake. Good luck on that MG.

Archived