The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Batista Returning to WWE?

Batista has said in interviews that he isn't a fan of the current state of WWE being too PG-13. A Batista/Lesnar feud would be interesting.

It's being reported that former WWE World Champion Dave Batista has been bulking back up to his normal weight of around 290 lbs., possibly preparing to return to professional wrestling. For what it's worth, Batista has said in interviews that he would like to work with Brock Lesnar, either in WWE or possibly even a mixed martial arts fight.

WWE really needs another Evolution type of alliance. Lesnar, Batitsa, Orton and ____?

Evolution was a mixture of past and future. The point of stable was to make Orton and Batista stars, which it did.

If they were to do another stable similar to that, you need to put some young guys in there, along with a couple of established big names.

Further details on Batista possibly returning to WWE

With The Rock's WWE future up in the air, and along with it, The Rock/Brock Lesnar WrestleMania 30 match, it's possible that WWE could bring Batista in to fill The Rock's role. Batista does have a role in an upcoming major movie -- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy -- which starts filming this summer. We reposted the following on April 1st, 2013:

Triple H has recently been in talks with Dave Batista in regards to a WWE return for the former WWE Champion. Apparently the company has been "very pleased" with how much The Rock and Brock Lesnar have been able to improve business despite the limited schedules they've worked. Because of this, they're willing to offer Batista a similar schedule. The issue is really just coming down to money. Batista wants what was described as a "monster deal" to only work a few times a year and WWE doesn't see his worth as "anywhere close" to Rock or Brock. Another issue is that WWE does not want to risk completely overhauling their pay scale, if suddenly all the top guys want major full-time money for sporadic part-time appearances. Obviously, there are many in the locker room that aren't happy about Brock and Rock working so little while making more than everybody else, but at least WWE is able to position it as The Rock being a movie star and Brock being a UFC star, and therefore being more of outside celebrities than full-time wrestlers at this point. Nobody really sees Batista at that level, and word going around is that Batista is going to have to come way down on his money demands if he wants to come in. He's eager to return part-time and Triple H is very much in favor of getting him back in the fold, but as seen with Steve Austin out year after year, it's not always easy to get these deals done.

I like to see Jericho get one last title run with the WWE title not the World Heavyweight title , before he retires. Sadly though, that is never going to happen. He'd rather put young guys over than be in the spotlight.

Edited by shiznak

"the E adapted to the change of the Times"

Yeah I mean changing from a billion dollar company to a multi-million dollar company, halfing the ratings, and struggling to sell out arenas is a great idea right? Also, please remind me how Wembley is a glorified high school gym? You can argue what you want about the people that wrestle for TNA but the fact is the roster is simply much better than WWE's is. It's only going to better with the X-Division resurgence since WWE wont take a chance on smaller guys. It's baffling to even argue that WWE's a better product, they put out a deplorable show for their marquee event. Sure WWE's production is much better but TNA will get to that level once they gain the experience, you can't expect a 10 year old hockey player to outplay someone much older can you? WWE can't even be called wrestling at this point, you have to remember that Vince is insecure and he's been blocking off venues for TNA lately which shows he's clearly noticed their expansion. If TNA keeps growing the way it is now, I have no problem seeing them competing with the WWE in the next 10-15 years which is what they're aiming for. The main problem with WWE now is that it treats it's talent like crap, having them wrestle 300 days a year just isn't going to work out and that's why you see guys like CM Punk and John Cena gassed out at the age of 34 and 35. Traditionally, a wrestler's prime is supposed to be between 37-42 with some guys lasting a bit longer like Angle. In WWE, these guys are hitting their prime between 29-34 and that's really going to hurt the product for them.

Great post. I completely agree.

I saw that X Travaganza PPV, and I wish they would use Sam Shaw on the TV show in the X division scene. He really impressed me in cutcheck and I was impressed by him in that match. Aswell I finally because a Kenny King fan, I've finally bought in. I was kinda on the fence about buying into him but he was great in that Ulitmate X match, he's really talented and makes a great X division champion if they push him as doing heelish things, like the way he won that Ultimate X match for example was great.

Backstage News on Ziggler becoming World Heavyweight Champion

Its just them throwing a bone to the long time fans that wanted Ziggler as champion for a long time. They are still going to continue on with pushing Cena's down the throats of the fans.

Mark Henry and Sheamus are to feud soon.

Wow that should be boring.

Wonder if Rey gets one last World Title run.

That would be great although he is at that age of who knows whether he can carry the company in that capacity or not.

I would want either Orton/Mysterio to get another championship. Tired of Cena/Punk winning everything

Yeah I agree, I would like to see Orton back as a heel in the championship picture. I guess it depends what way they will push Ziggler, that might be a nice fued. They would have to decide who would be heel and who would be face though. Cause that could really help elevate Ziggler.

Any truth to these rumors that RVD has signed with the WWE? I give him about 6 months, then he'll be in violation of the "wellness" program and he'll be out again...and that's unfortunate...even if RVD is getting old and has lost a gear, he still has one more gear than the majority of that roster.