The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

Oh c'mon. Two guys in 8 months? Definitely not a big deal... especially considering how lonely you must feel after losing all of your loved ones.

I'm still amazed that there arent more black people on this show. It takes place in Georgia!

Still curious about who was watching Carol while she was practicing on the dead walker. Cant be Merle or anyone on the Governor's side.

I also kinda wanna know more about Michionne. Who were the two walkers she traveled with? Were they family? They weren't there to ward off other walkers because when she had walker guts on her later on (when she arrived at the prison), she was surprised that the walkers weren't paying any attention to her.

In the graphic novels, the 2 walkers with her are her boyfriend and his best friend.

I thought the person watching carol was the one prisoner Rick let go that opened the gate. As far as Michonne's minions it seems that it was part of her family, Im sure they'll revisted that later, and they were used to carry her supplies when she and Andrea left the meat locker. Off topic but how do you open spoliers? It doens't do anything when i click them.

Ah, I forgot about that. You could be right! It doesnt open when you click 'show'? That's odd.

In the graphic novels, the 2 walkers with her are her boyfriend and his best friend.

Thanks! It would be interesting if we were given a little backstory every so often.. like how they showed Shane trying to save Rick in the hospital.

Wow, didn't mean to get everyone all butthurt. There's parts of the show I enjoy, but I dunno though. Like I said, my diehard friends keep saying WATCH WATCH WATCH!! I'll keep trying.

just come out and say what we both know. the show is absolute trash.

Cracked hit the nail on the head:

I love

The Walking Dead

. I've watched every episode of the show twice, and I still get excited every time a new one pops up in my queue. But even I have to admit that the

disbelieving assholes are right: I don't watch it because it's a good show; I watch it because I really want it to be a good show. Because so far, rather than exploring what shape society will take after the zombie apocalypse, or how real, complicated human beings deal with such an awful scenario, The Walking Dead has been more concerned with what happens when obnoxious cliches from different ethnic backgrounds have to be roommates. That's a fine premise for a show, The Walking Dead writers, but you were supposed to be making an apocalyptic drama; what you guys did was The Real World: Zombieland. The first two seasons haven't been exploring the greater themes of the undead so much as they've been turning the camera on Lori and T-Dog fighting about who left the cheese uncovered, while every once in a while a zombie wanders by in the background, peeks in the windows and decides it probably doesn't want to get involved.

Nah, she's been making eyes at Carl <_<

Just because a character dies in the comics doesn't necessarily mean he or she will die in the show. That's part of the fun - keeping the viewers guessing as to how closely the plot of the comics will be followed.

yeah, they've already strayed from the comic, from what I've been told.

Archived