Eager-Belanger-Hartikainen

MPS/Lander

Whitney-Smid

Schultz-Schultz

Peckham-Petry

Potter/Sutton

Dubnyk

Khabibulin

They need a d-man and a number 1 goalie and they'll be fine. I see a pattern similar to what Chicago went through. Several years of suffering, followed by a sudden outburst and a deep playoff run. As soon as the Oilers' younger players develop, they'll be one of the best teams in the league.

Connauton has been horrendous in the AHL. He had that one good year on the Giants and everyone overhyped him. He won't do anything in the NHL.

Edmonton needs another solid d-man and a top goalie to be a serious contender in the league. Could definitely see them getting both this upcoming offseason.

Hall-RNH-Eberle

Smyth-Gagner-Yakupov

Jones-Horcoff-Hemsky

Eager-Belanger-Hartikainen

MPS/Lander

Whitney-Smid

Schultz-Schultz

Peckham-Petry

Potter/Sutton

Dubnyk

Khabibulin

They need a d-man and a number 1 goalie and they'll be fine. I see a pattern similar to what Chicago went through. Several years of suffering, followed by a sudden outburst and a deep playoff run. As soon as the Oilers' younger players develop, they'll be one of the best teams in the league.

Did Edmonton get a goalie that I didn't know about? Also, their defense has who aside from the "great" Schultz?

Vancouver will still be number one in NW. Hamhuis, Bieksa, Edler (if signed), Garrison, Ballard, Schneider and Luongo (if not traded) would eliminate any offense that the Oilers can muster out of their kids.

connauton is a plug. I was a fan but he is absolutely terrible. he's a team worst -10 on the wolves, and he can't even hat the puck out of his own zone most nights. and if you think his offensive abilities make up for his embarassing defensive game... wrong... our tanev has same amount of goals and more points along with a better plus minus

I think there's alot of comments about Edm etc, people complaining about our 2 time president trophy team (which makes zero sense).

For those on Edm, yes the will one day have a terrific team. And today they are exciting, fast offensive. But as some have pointed out, they have a horrendous defensive group and so so goalie. Until that is solved they will have issues making the playoffs, and getting somewhere even if they do make it in.

Moreover, don't suggest Schultz is the answer, he is a rookie who's tearing it up in the AHL yes but he hasn't been hit by a guy like Lucic yet, dangled by a guy like Datysuk or had to handle two players up in his grill passing between his legs back and forth known as the Sedins.

In addition, they don;t have a whole lot of toughness/size that can play

And finally, very seldom can a young team develop quickly (ie 1.5 yrs) to usurp a team like the Canucks. Experience, leadership, dealing with good/bad streaks means something as does and more importantly, does playoff experience.

In 4 years after they've made it a couple years in a row, and have been knocked out, knocked around, they'll be ready to contend and our team will be aging so yes I agree, but 2013 no chance.

Archived