"Dream until the dream come true"

#92 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,216 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

He was pretty obviously making a reference to the coaching staff. Listening to Baumgartner talk about coaching during the 2nd Intermission was enlightening as well. Really showed just how bumbling the organization is. His answers were quite defensive, as though he felt the need to justify himself and shift responsibility for the team's issues.

Ah. Well as I said before nice to hear fans aren't the only one's seeing this.

As for the game it is nice to see that Kassian and Schroeder are producing.

Infact since the Christmas break Kassian has 6 Points in 4 Games (1G, 5A) and Schroeder has 5 Points in 5 Games (3G, 2A).

zackass.png

#93 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Ah. Well as I said before nice to hear fans aren't the only one's seeing this.

As for the game it is nice to see that Kassian and Schroeder are producing.

Infact since the Christmas break Kassian has 6 Points in 4 Games (1G, 5A) and Schroeder has 5 Points in 5 Games (3G, 2A).

yet his year over year stats are overwhelmingly bad.............
and he has many warning signs of being a colossal bust.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#94 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

sorry DP

Edited by surtur, 05 January 2013 - 10:58 PM.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#95 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,196 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Only got to watch the highlights. Looks like Climie let in some stinkers, I'd like to see Cannata get another shot.

This teams is grade A screwed without Tanev and their starting goalie (Lack) in the lineup. They'll also be without Kassian who's tied for end in team pts and possibly Schroeder.

#96 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Yeah, with the possibility of the NHL resuming shortly getting stronger, literally by the minute, it's suddenly making me think about just how big of a hit the Wolves will take when NHL games do in fact get on track. Kassian and Tanev will be scooped back up by the Canucks, for sure, and at least one of Ebbett and Schroeder as well. Lack has been out awhile so the Wolves have already absorbed that loss.

#97 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,023 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

The Wolves play Oklahoma tommorrow!

They better be ready to play, or they're going to have a tough time.

Posted Image

#98 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

I reiterate: I'd really like to see what Cannata can do against a talented team like the Barons. Climie seems to be cooling off a bit and, again, has played a ton of games lately so he could use the relief anyways.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Cannata getting the start tomorrow.

#99 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,843 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Again the Wolves find a way to lose.

Uhhh...not even close. Arniel once again made a stupid coaching decision starting Climie after so many consecutive starts, then again failed to show he's more than a warm body to fill space in the bench when Climie let in a couple stinkers. It's not Matt's fault, he's just clearly sore and tired, but he still made some big saves.

As for the rest of the team, they outplayed the Griffins for most of the game. From 1st until 3rd they were out shooting them and had much better chances despite being robbed of multiple PP opportunities by the refs (I counted one call that was a genuine penalty while the rest wouldn't even get called in IIHF hockey). The post was their best goalie and had we used a more rested goalie, we'd have handily won. The Wolves found a way to get a point, not a way to lose.

#100 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,216 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Yeah, with the possibility of the NHL resuming shortly getting stronger, literally by the minute, it's suddenly making me think about just how big of a hit the Wolves will take when NHL games do in fact get on track. Kassian and Tanev will be scooped back up by the Canucks, for sure, and at least one of Ebbett and Schroeder as well. Lack has been out awhile so the Wolves have already absorbed that loss.

Yeah, then Arniel's terrible coaching will be exposed once the players keeping his team afloat (barley) will all be gone, surprised he hasn't been fired yet

zackass.png

#101 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Keeping my fingers crossed for the CBA getting signed tonight

FTFY
CDC Sim Connected: Nashville GM
LOB (PS3): Boston GM

#102 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Curious, what do people think the Wolves lineup will look like if/when the CBA is resolved? If it's soon, here's what I think

I'm going to assume that Kassian, Schroeder, Tanev, one of Ebbett or Pinnizotto, and maybe one of Joslin and Connauton will be called up. I do not think Luongo will be traded during the season unless there is already a deal in place, so Lack will stay in Chicago. I think Kassian could spend the full year in the minors, and Schroeder could be sent down if he acquire another center via trade (Bozak) or free agency (Arnott), once Kesler returns. Ebbett or Pinnizotto will be sent down either if we get a center, or if we don't, then when Kesler returns. If we bring back say Franson, obviously Joslin and Connauton stay. Anyways, here's my lineup, with Kesler out and no Luongo trade or signings:

Sterling - Ebbett/Pinnizotto - Haydar
Sweatt - Longpre - Rodin
Archibald - Friesen - Gordon
Miller - Mallet - Desbiens

Connauton - Joslin
Sauve - Andersson
Matheson - Hunt

Lack
Climie

Hopefully Polasek could beat out Hunt for a spot, but he's probably behind Miskovic too on the depth chart.

Edited by mrsasaki, 06 January 2013 - 12:34 AM.

#103 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Curious, what do people think the Wolves lineup will look like if/when the CBA is resolved? If it's soon, here's what I think

I'm going to assume that Kassian, Schroeder, Tanev, one of Ebbett or Pinnizotto, and maybe one of Joslin and Connauton will be called up. I do not think Luongo will be traded during the season unless there is already a deal in place, so Lack will stay in Chicago. I think Kassian could spend the full year in the minors, and Schroeder could be sent down if he acquire another center via trade (Bozak) or free agency (Arnott), once Kesler returns. Ebbett or Pinnizotto will be sent down either if we get a center, or if we don't, then when Kesler returns. If we bring back say Franson, obviously Joslin and Connauton stay. Anyways, here's my lineup, with Kesler out and no Luongo trade or signings:

Sterling - Ebbett/Pinnizotto - Haydar
Sweatt - Longpre - Rodin
Archibald - Friesen - Gordon
Miller - Mallet - Desbiens

Connauton - Joslin
Sauve - Andersson
Matheson - Hunt

Lack
Climie

Hopefully Polasek could beat out Hunt for a spot, but he's probably behind Miskovic too on the depth chart.

I think the lineup you have there is pretty accurate. Who knows about the actual line combinations, but that's probably more or less what their roster will look like after the Canucks call up their guys.

#104 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Looks like they took away Schroeder's goal and gave it back to Matheson. OKC tomorrow, Cannata will get lit up if that Climie groin strain is serious.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#105 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,162 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

This team needs an enema! Wooot!
Posted Image

#106 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

Safe to say that the Wolves are going to be toast now. Losing their best players for at least the next couple weeks.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#107 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,613 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

now arneil gets a taste of his team without a couple of our boys wich he benches anyways. ..retard rowboat

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#108 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,023 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

The question is, will the Oilers pull Eberle, Hall, Schultz, and a few other prospects from the game today too?

I would imagine they would.

Posted Image

#109 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

The question is, will the Oilers pull Eberle, Hall, Schultz, and a few other prospects from the game today too?

Probably, to avoid injury

#110 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Keeping my fingers crossed for the CBA getting signed tonight

Nailed it!

#111 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

now arneil gets a taste of his team without a couple of our boys wich he benches anyways. ..retard rowboat

but the wolves will be playing weaker opponents also esp when the AHL oilers go back to the NHL

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#112 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,411 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Finally back to watching a team who can string some wins together. Schroeder, Kass, and Tanev are probably jumping for joy right now.

Subbancopy.jpg

#113 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

My concern about the Wolves not making the playoffs is pretty much gone now that I know Tanev, Kassian, and Schroeder will likely be with the big club. Those three deserve better. Schroeder in particular has been playing very well of late.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#114 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Just been confirmed by Jason Shaver (Chicago Wolves beat writer) on Twitter that Schultz, Eberle and Hall will NOT be suiting up for the Barons today and have already left the team.

Jason Shaver@theshaves

I was just told most of the Young Oilers playing with the Barons are heading back to Oklahoma City now and will not play today vs.the Wolves

Jason Shaver@theshaves
Was looking forward 2 calling a game w/ Schultz, Eberle & Hall today. Instead just held the door 4 them as they left w/ their hockey bags

#115 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Also, Dan Murphy just confirmed that Tanev, Connauton, Ebbett, Kassian and Schroeder will in fact be called up to the Canucks for training camp. Frank Corrado also may be called up from the OHL.

Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph

#wolves coming for #canucks camp - Tanev, Connauton, Ebbett, Kassian and Schroeder. Frankie Corrado may get the call.

#116 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

This team needs an enema! Wooot!

My thoughts exactly. Meanwhile, the herd is piling on the coach and I imagine the goalie will be the next scapegoat if they stay true to the Canuck-fan trend.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#117 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,023 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Well I guess we'll get to see how our second tier prospects match up against the oilers second tier prospects.

Hopefully Cannata gets the start.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.