Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumour/Signing] Jochen Hecht to Buffalo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,211 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

http://www.adler-man...opstories.php?d

Six games, five goals and eight assists - the statistics of Jochen Hecht in his time with the Eagles was outstanding. Those responsible at the Buffalo Sabres did not go unnoticed. On Thursday during the day was the 35-year-old an offer to play in the NHL again. The Buffalo Sabres Jochen Hecht will have for the soon starting NHL season back in the squad. We met Jochen Hecht before departure nor an exclusive interview and talked with him about his new contract, a return to his family and his time in Mannheim.

Joe, congratulations on the new contract in the NHL with the Buffalo Sabres. We are obviously very pleased for you, even if we would have liked to see a lot more great games from you here in Mannheim. How did it happen so fast now to this agreement?

Contact with the Sabres existed since the beginning of the week and the talks were very positive from the start. Buffalo has shown great interest and great as it was of course obvious that I want to take this chance. I went there again prove what I can do and that I am fit. This is great, although I with one eye leaving the Eagles. It was really a very nice time here. probably has Jason Pominville, the Sabres captain, made ​​a lot of advertising in those responsible for you.Yeah, that I can also well imagine. We have played great together in Mannheim and know us so well for some years.He's a great guy and I'm sure that he has since filed a thing or good word for me. How much are you looking forward again to NHL ice hockey? I'm really looking forward, no question. The last season is anything but gone well for me. It is a great honor, where I've spent the last more than ten years to go back on the ice can. I also look forward to many friends that I have not seen some several months. Certainly your family was a key reason why you accepted the offer of the Sabres soon. Definitely! We live in Buffalo, and the message that I'm coming home was the greatest thing for my family. All are over the moon and it's nice for me to know that I have my family around me again soon. For my wife and my children the last few weeks were not always easy, so I am even happier that it worked with a contract with the Sabres. How does for you now is the schedule for the coming days? On Saturday I will return in the States, where fly on Sunday will start the training camp. There we will prepare specifically for the new season, which will start the week on it officially. It is now so rapid succession. What conclusions you draw from for the past few weeks with the eagles? It was a great time for me with the eagles. Otherwise I can not even describe it. I was able to make six games here and it was really great fun. I want to thank you on this journey again to all who have given me the opportunity to play here. The time has paid off very well for me, because I feel that I owe my new commitment to the NHL in large part to the games with the eagles. How nice it was for you after such a long time in front of their own fans here to play in Mannheim? It was indescribable. I still remember the first game here at the SAP Arena against Ingolstadt. That was pure goosebumps. It was a great feeling as warm and open me the Mannheim fans have welcomed. They also have the team and always supported me and celebrated. That was an impressive experience. Sporty ran it for you with the eagles really good. Were you surprised at how quickly you've found your way into the DEL again? Honestly, yes!After all, I had not played for a long time, and the league's total DEL really strong. But it was the first face-to right about.Maybe it was because I had done for almost a year no longer a game. The desire for hockey had increased this year from month to month more. Since it was almost at the end no matter how big the ice is or to whom I meet on the ice. I just wanted to play. dare you what the Eagles for the rest of the season because at yet? is in my view some of the eagles there. I wish the guys all the best anyway. They are a great force that still has a lot of potential. I think if all the boys are fit again, then here is a team on the ice, which is a say for the title of a due word. I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway and watch the season from Buffalo of course continue.

Edited by TheEhrhoffEffect, 11 January 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#2 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

Buffalo trade coming?

1 yr contract btw

Edited by vancanfan, 11 January 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#3 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,211 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Buffalo trade coming?

1 yr contract btw

Buffalo needed a solid checking centre. Leopold is rumoured to be on the block but I doubt someone up front gets dealt unless it's for a number 1 centre.

#4 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Buffalo needed a solid checking centre. Leopold is rumoured to be on the block but I doubt someone up front gets dealt unless it's for a number 1 centre.

From what I understand reading on Twitter signing Hecht gives them too many C/bodies on the team.

Hodgson, Ott, Ennis, Grigorenko.

Edited by vancanfan, 11 January 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#5 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,136 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Kinda surprised. He looks almost done.
Posted Image

#6 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,211 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

From what I understand reading on Twitter signing Hecht gives them too many C/bodies on the team.

Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Ott-Grigorenko-Leino
Gerbe-Hecht-Kaleta

That is the likely healthy lineup. There also isn't a guarantee that Grigorenko will make the team this year.

#7 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,095 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Ennis
Hodgson
Ott
Hecht

Ryan Miller is going to need to win a vezina.

#8 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Ott-Grigorenko-Leino
Gerbe-Hecht-Kaleta

That is the likely healthy lineup. There also isn't a guarantee that Grigorenko will make the team this year.

Ott has always played center, and I agree Grigorenko makes the team.

Edited by vancanfan, 11 January 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#9 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,211 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Ott has always played center, and I agree Grigorenko makes the team.

Ott is naturally a centre but it's not that hard for a centre to transition to the wing. He'll likely take care of most of the responsibilities of a centre on that line anyways.

#10 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,906 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hecht has always been a solid player. Him and Ott on the same line will be tough to play against.
Posted Image

#11 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Hodgson for Kassian?
Posted Image

#12 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

How has he received a contract withou ratification...?
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#13 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

I was just thinking the same thing. Until the deal is ratified by the players, I didn't think the teams could even discuss trades or signings.
Posted Image

#14 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

It will be signed Sat or Sun once the CBA is finalized by players.

#15 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Divine Providence
Posted Image

#16 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

The Buffalo Sabres are expected to announce the re-signing of unrestricted free agent forward Jochen Hecht shortly after the lockout officially ends.
The NHL and NHLPA agreed to terms on a new Collective Bargaining Agreement on Sunday, but the deal hasn't been signed yet.

Teams are allowed to begin negotiations with free agents and pending free agents, but signings cannot be official until the NHLPA ratifies the new CBA and they and the NHL signs the Memorandum of Understanding, which is expected to take place on Saturday. The NHL Board of Governors ratified the deal on Wednesday.

#17 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Divine Providence

I thought only prince general aladeen had divine providence
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#18 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

I thought only prince general aladeen had divine providence

Oh ho ho you are a flatterer aren't you my friend? sometimes I loan my Divinity to random hockey free agents at the price of their girlfriends or wives joining my harem.
Posted Image

#19 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Ennis doesn't play C and Grigorenko probably won't make the team.

#20 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,211 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Ennis doesn't play C and Grigorenko probably won't make the team.

Ennis does play C and he will start at C this year.

Ruff already stated that Foligno-Ennis-Stafford will be a line to start the season unless any major transactions occur.

#21 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,973 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Good depth signing - I like Hecht's game - would have been my first choice among UFA centers.

#22 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,883 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Damn, wanted this guy pretty badly. One of the most underated players in the NHL like most Buffalo players, he was averaging around 0.5 PPG and is a gritty checking center. Someone who can put up 40 points and play good defence as well - EXACTLY what this Canucks team needed at the 3rd line position, and he could also fill in for Kesler.

We desperately need depth at center and centermen who can score - the Kings, Bruins, Blackhawks and Penguins all have one thing in common, they had far more than 4 NHL quality centermen. Right now with Kesler injured we have 3. I believe Boston won the Cup with 7 centers, the Kings with 6.
Posted Image

#23 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Buffalo is going to get dominated center wise lol, ennis and coho top 6
Posted Image

#24 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 26,007 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

hecht seems fully recovered..played great with pomers in mannheim

if he stays healthy..a good addition

on the sabres board they were talkin about that ott might get moved to a winger position

179zig.jpg

Credits to Discord for the Signature

iqbl75.jpgCDCGML St.Louis Blues Rosteriqbl75.jpg

"You dream to score your first goal in the NHL. You dream to be here, first of all. To score a hat-trick, that's just an added bonus.Josh Jooris"

#25 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 26,007 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

confirmed

https://twitter.com/...504137400016898

179zig.jpg

Credits to Discord for the Signature

iqbl75.jpgCDCGML St.Louis Blues Rosteriqbl75.jpg

"You dream to score your first goal in the NHL. You dream to be here, first of all. To score a hat-trick, that's just an added bonus.Josh Jooris"

#26 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 77,741 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

‏@BillHoppeNHL
#Sabres Lindy Ruff said Jochen Hecht will have a reduced role from earlier years, at least to start. #Buffalo

307mg00.jpg

#27 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

At 1 million, he's a good player to have on the 3rd/4th lines. He can play up the lineup if need be.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.