Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 5 votes

To ANYONE who thinks Luo isn't the starter!

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#61 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

see this is what i don't get when peopel say this, playing bad hurts his value. Did he not end last year by playing badly and being replaced by Schneider in the playoffs? wouldn't this make Schneider the hotter commodity?

.....Only if Schneider had won.....but.....he didn't.

#62 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Those comments of his are pretty ironic.

how are they ironic, i like both goalies if people ripped on Schneider this much i'd be saying the same thing. And i'm sure it will come if he's anything less than perfect the way this fanbase is

#63 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

.....Only if Schneider had won.....but.....he didn't.

Cause we couldn't score for ,,, just like in the finals

Edited by hockeyville88, 14 January 2013 - 12:53 AM.
Swear filter bypass

#64 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Luongo either goes soon or after the season is over. Teams that want him are going to want him now. I say keep both for this season, and run for the cup and see who is better for next season. Trading now makes no sense for us but does for other desperate teams.

We can afford to keep both season, why not.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#65 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

If Lu is still around for opening day he will be the starter, either because we're keeping him and need to re-establish him as the top dog, or because we're trading him and need to bump up his value.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#66 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

Riviera, Nino, Smurf

I may need some back up

LOL

I hate you. I'v seen some of ur idiot posts for a long time , and i remember you because of ur stupid profile picture.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#67 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Riviera, Nino, Smurf

I may need some back up

LOL

Hopefully not just to get off his D

Edited by fagin, 11 January 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#68 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

I hope we keep Lou at least until Cory can prove he will be able to fill that starter role.

Lou is a great goalie and has done great things and contrary to popular belief has had amazing games in the playoffs for us.

I really think we should trade Cory because he could easily have more value then Lou given his hype and could bring us a great player or two. Luongos contract hurts his trade value so I say we keep him and trade our other great but unproven goaltender for a better package.

That is what I have been saying. Right now Cory's value is high half because of the hype and potential of him. Teams may over pay or we may win in a trade involving Cory, if he doesn't pan and they may pay more for him over Luongo just solely because of his age and contract.

Ask yourselfs, are teams acquiring about Schnieder? I'm sure they are, but are the management listening to them or have they informed he is our guy? We don't know.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#69 Beefcake

Beefcake

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

i dunno, what is Lui really worth ? Is Gillis asking for too much ? If so then why not trade Cory and get a decent return for him. Lui still seems like a good fit for this team.

#70 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

i dunno, what is Lui really worth ? Is Gillis asking for too much ? If so then why not trade Cory and get a decent return for him. Lui still seems like a good fit for this team.

This is what makes most sense. If you can get more for Schnieder you trade him. Because Sedins are getting older, but will Canucks trade them in the future if they can get younger talent? If Luongo is getting better offers then that is saying something.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#71 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

how are they ironic, i like both goalies if people ripped on Schneider this much i'd be saying the same thing. And i'm sure it will come if he's anything less than perfect the way this fanbase is

Anything less than perfect?

If one day Schneider is branded as an elite, Top 5, World Class, best in the world goaltender and continually disappoints on hockey's biggest stage (the playoffs), maybe then he will be given a rough ride.
Until that day comes (I dont think it will) why would people rip on him? There are still people out there who worship Luongo as some type of false idol and that's after everything that people like myself give him a hard time about.
Luongo has been built up so high only to consistently turn out very underwhelming playoff performances. No wonder he has fallen so hard and out of favor with many fans.

Schneider will be just fine, count on it.

#72 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

I hate you. I'v seen some of ur idiot posts for a long time , and i remember you because of ur stupid profile picture.

go watch wrestling you nerd

If you dont like me then it is mission accomplished
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#73 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

If one day Schneider is branded as an elite, Top 5, World Class, best in the world goaltender and continually disappoints on hockey's biggest stage (the playoffs), maybe then he will be given a rough ride.
Until that day comes (I dont think it will) why would people rip on him? There are still people out there who worship Luongo as some type of false idol and that's after everything that people like myself give him a hard time about.
Luongo has been built up so high only to consistently turn out very underwhelming playoff performances. No wonder he has fallen so hard and out of favor with many fans.

How come Ryan Miller and Henrik Lundqvist don't get ripped on by their fans? They are top nhl goalies as well, number 1 goalies for their countries at the Olympics, and may even be better than Luongo.

Yet they haven't taken their teams to the finals yet and really have not stole playoff series. But they by all fans in the NHL are considered elite goalies but Luongo by our fans is not after all he has done.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#74 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

So you're saying Schneider will never be considered elite,world class or anything else Lou has been considered.We may as well trade the bum.lol !

#75 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

go watch wrestling you nerd

If you dont like me then it is mission accomplished

I don't like you and I want you to hear it piece of monkey crap
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#76 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

This is what makes most sense. If you can get more for Schnieder you trade him. Because Sedins are getting older, but will Canucks trade them in the future if they can get younger talent? If Luongo is getting better offers then that is saying something.

Because you don;t trade off your best goalie..and Luongo is here because MG is asking a high price...and the lack of a CBA killed trades.

#77 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Because you don;t trade off your best goalie..and Luongo is here because MG is asking a high price...and the lack of a CBA killed trades.

That's just another assumption.Is it not ?

#78 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

How come Ryan Miller and Henrik Lundqvist don't get ripped on by their fans? They are top nhl goalies as well, number 1 goalies for their countries at the Olympics, and may even be better than Luongo.

Yet they haven't taken their teams to the finals yet and really have not stole playoff series. But they by all fans in the NHL are considered elite goalies but Luongo by our fans is not after all he has done.

How do you know
Miller and Lundqvist don't get ripped by their fans. ?

#79 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

No its a fact and supported by last season's stats !

#80 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

MG is only asking a high price because he knows Luongo is still a damn good goalie. You people act like Schneider is guranteed without even playing to win us a cup and Luongo is James Reimer.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#81 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

CBA did kill trades, who knows what MG is asking for Lu

#82 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

CBA did kill trades, who knows what MG is asking for Lu

Yes the CBA did kill trades and no-one knows what MG would want for LOU.But it is still an assumption by many on cdc that LOU will in fact be traded.No-one on here has a clue although they like to profess they do.
MG is the only person with the correct answer.

Edited by fagin, 11 January 2013 - 11:04 PM.

#83 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

In my opinion, the only reason people think Schneider is going to be our starter is because Luongo has accepted to waive his NTC and the media. Usually to overthrow one of the league's top-10 if not top-5 goalies you'd have to have a solid body of work and be far better than him, so let's see why everyone thinks Luongo is done in Vancouver -

Schneider had better save % and GAA last season than Luongo, but not by much. He didn't play anywhere near as many games or muster up as many wins as Luongo, but got these nice stats by playing behind a great team on spot starts so fatigue was never an issue for Schneider. He has absolutely no idea what it'll be like playing a full work load in the NHL and has never been an NHL starter or faced that pressure.

AV went with Schneider in the playoffs over Luongo, not because of Luongo's poor play (he was exceptional - our best player in the first two games if anyone remembers) but because of the crap-job the team put up in front of him. Then Schneider wins 1 measely playoff game, loses two and gets the Canucks bounced out of the playoffs. Sure he played great, but didn't make the big saves so he definately didn't save this team or do anything miraculous.

I remember clearly back then reading articles and hearing even Shorthouse himself re-iterate many times that Schneider starting the playoffs instead of Luongo was strictly a reflection of the team's poor play, not goaltending, and that AV just wanted a different look which didn't work. Playing these 3 games in the playoffs, Schneider has not overthrown Luongo at all.

Like I said, you have to win some big games or carry a team better than Lu did to be able to replace him as the starter. Schneider played in 3 playoff games and won just one of them. To me that is not enough to become starter on what should be the best team in the league.

Maybe 'cause you're
down Unda" You need to turn your tv set upside down so you can follow the play. Cory was far better than Lu against LA with the same team in front of both of them. Lu got replaced after the 2nd game because he was average at best. His sv% was like .84 or something.

Thank goodness the management look at far more factors than you are and see that Cory is a better option for the team going forward. Whether you or I agree with them is moot.

#84 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Yes the CBA did kill trades and no-one knows what MG would want for LOU.But it is still an assumption by many on cdc that LOU will in fact be traded.No-one on here has a clue although they like to profess they do.
MG is the only person with the correct answer.

I'm betting He'll be traded in under 10 days !

#85 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

MG is only asking a high price because he knows Luongo is still a damn good goalie. You people act like Schneider is guranteed without even playing to win us a cup and Luongo is James Reimer.

Can you please explain to me why it is perfectly fine for you to bash Cory Schnieder a player that was drafted by the canucks and has slowly worked his way to the top of the organization?

He is more of a Canuck than Roberto will ever be.

You never see him complain about defensive breakdowns or not getting enough starts.

AV let Cory play those playoff games because he earned that right. He finally got a rewarded

It was not his fault Luongo took offense to that and asked to be traded.

Don't make me paste the poker interview please, he stated it is time to "move on" and why? Why is it time to move on?

Because AV let Cory start in the playoffs, that is pathetic, what a team player.

If you want to start, go win your job back.

If you want to be traded talk to MG behind closed doors instead of handcuffing him with your crybaby interviews

The thing I hate most about Roberto has nothing to do with his 8 goal playoff performances that he often jokes about.
It's the feeling I get from him. It's like he feels the Canucks owe him something and he is entitled to start.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#86 Bure1994Mclean

Bure1994Mclean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

I don't think unless MG is presented with a deal that he is absolutely floored with he'll be in no rush to unload Luongo this season and would likely wait until the off-season/next season seeing as this is a shortened season and the margin of error is so small.
OMG SUNDIN.

The word fear is not in our dictionary, it is in the eyes of the enemy.

The objective of war is not to die for your country, it is to make the enemy die for theirs.

One generation plants the trees, the other gets the shade.

#87 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I'm betting He'll be traded in under 10 days !

You're on! I'll take that one on.We'll see.Are you saying 10 days from season start or 10 days from now ?

#88 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Can you please explain to me why it is perfectly fine for you to bash Cory Schnieder a player that was drafted by the canucks and has slowly worked his way to the top of the organization?

He is more of a Canuck than Roberto will ever be.

You never see him complain about defensive breakdowns or not getting enough starts.

AV let Cory play those playoff games because he earned that right. He finally got a rewarded

It was not his fault Luongo took offense to that and asked to be traded.

Don't make me paste the poker interview please, he stated it is time to "move on" and why? Why is it time to move on?

Because AV let Cory start in the playoffs, that is pathetic, what a team player.

If you want to start, go win your job back.

If you want to be traded talk to MG behind closed doors instead of handcuffing him with your crybaby interviews

The thing I hate most about Roberto has nothing to do with his 8 goal playoff performances that he often jokes about.
It's the feeling I get from him. It's like he feels the Canucks owe him something and he is entitled to start.

and this is why you're such a fracking moron, fans like you want him gone and want him traded. he agrees by saying it's time to move on yet somehow that makes him pathetic.

he's said more than once he'll do what's best for the team

#89 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,675 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

This thread is hilarious.

My favorite parts are all the "I hate you's" hahah

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#90 thad

thad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,880 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

I expected to open this thread and see a picture of Picard giving a high five

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.