Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 5 votes

To ANYONE who thinks Luo isn't the starter!

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#181 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

All Schneider has to do is be consistent in the playoffs. The workload increase in the AHL did not phase him or effect his stats. Cory stats in the nhl are better than his ahl stats.For those who are playing attention Cory has been developing perfectly and the Canucks have done great in his case; he is more than ready to take over the job of number one.

If our scoring doesn't improve he's going to have to be alot more than consistent he's going to have to be damn near superhuman.

#182 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,582 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

"Then Schneider comes in and plays just as good if not better, and you downplay it by saying he had 1 measly win" KS

Schneider has that huge body of work in which to draw applicable comparisons.

#183 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,333 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

A different way to look at it is who is going to be the number one line? Pretty sure it's going to be the Sedin twins... even though no one has officially said anything. Kind of the same isn't it? If they had thoughts of him being the number one guy this year i'm sure they would come out and put and end to trade talk.

Well...Alain did say "I have 2 goalies"

Sounds like they are just milking the hype and media and fan rumours....

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#184 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,333 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

The fact Cory was the starter in the playoffs could be the first clue.
The fact the GM is talking about trading Luo could be the second clue.

So...when someone is being discussed as a possible trade that means they are either what?

4th liner?
backup goalie?
Up in the booth?
Bench warmer?

Sorry, I didn't know that, it makes perfect sense to me that it = a fact.

If a goalie is being discussed in trade it's a fact that he has to be the backup - cause no one would ever trade their starter.

So...if a goalie starts a game - he's the starter?
Yes, that makes sense.

But does that make him the "number 1" goalie permanently?

How many games did Luongo start last year and how many did Cory start?

If Karrlesson starts for the Flamez does that mean Kipper is no longer the number 1 goalie?

I guess Iggy will be on the 4th line this year as he is in trade rumours as well....

Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#185 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

8 hrs intothe season and LU is still a Canuck! :frantic: Ermagurd, he's at trainging camp in Vancouver! A deal with the Leafs has been in place for months!!! THHHHHHHBBBBPPPPPPPPP!!

How about y'all have a nice warm glass of shut the hell up?!

#186 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

Thought Lu would be traded for all the best young players in the league by now.

Oh well. Can't see the Nucks leaving him sitting on the bench. They need Lu to play lights out or it's Bozak, Kardi and a 2nd.

#187 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

12 year contracts wear like a habit.
Sundin's contract was keeping with Gillis' habit.
There's $84 million for starters.

*Offering Mats Sundin a 2 year, twenty million dollar deal. It’s under appreciated how big of a favour Mats did the Canucks by not signing that deal. Sundin eventually settled on a pro-rated one year, seven million dollar contract. Had he signed for the full two, the Canucks would not have had the cap space to sign the Sedins the following summer and Mike Gillis would no longer be GM of the Vancouver Canucks.
http://www.vancouver...mike-gillis-era

Mike has given out one long front loaded contract. That's it. Other than the Sundin contract, which didn't ever hurt us, which contract are you complaining about?
A habit has to be more than two occurrences (even though I don't see any similarity between the Luongo deal and the Sundin deal other than the fact that you are displeased with both).

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#188 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

So...when someone is being discussed as a possible trade that means they are either what?

4th liner?
backup goalie?
Up in the booth?
Bench warmer?

Sorry, I didn't know that, it makes perfect sense to me that it = a fact.

If a goalie is being discussed in trade it's a fact that he has to be the backup - cause no one would ever trade their starter.

So...if a goalie starts a game - he's the starter?
Yes, that makes sense.

But does that make him the "number 1" goalie permanently?

How many games did Luongo start last year and how many did Cory start?

If Karrlesson starts for the Flamez does that mean Kipper is no longer the number 1 goalie?

I guess Iggy will be on the 4th line this year as he is in trade rumours as well....

Logic is not your game so stop trying. If you and the few others with poor logic skills can not read between the lines that Cory is the man in Van,then you need to snap out of your dream land.

#189 lumberman

lumberman

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

January 11, 2013

"But coach Alain Vigneault refused to say who will be the team's starter when the season opens."

"[Luongo's] one of my two goaltenders," said Vigneault during a media availability at Rogers Arena. "We've always made the decisions in the best interest of the team. We've got two great goaltenders, two great people that are great teammates and both want to play."

http://news.ca.msn.c...e-rumours-swirl

Just thought I would throw this out to all the Luo haters who want him gone. Heads up, cause the longer this goes on, the more likely he stays for the season. I've posted on this topic before, but a direct quote originating from today, just can't get anymore recent. Moving Luo this season is a huge risk and it looks the organization is aware of that.

LUO HATERS...... REACT TO ME :emot-parrot:

Kind of agree, with Nonis being rather blunt today re: his goal tending.
I do feel we in Van City hold our players in too high esteem and would not be surprised or upset if Lou is here for the year and if a trade does come, may not be for the assets GMMG desires.
Posted Image

#190 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,333 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Logic is not your game so stop trying. If you and the few others with poor logic skills can not read between the lines that Cory is the man in Van,then you need to snap out of your dream land.

Understanding the difference between fact and speculation is yours...

Understanding what others are saying is not your forte neither...

I never said Cory wasn't the "main man"...I asked you to back up your statement as a fact - which it isn't.
Your original (and everything else you have pretty much said) is speculation...theory...that's it.

Your failure to understand even logic and then have the gall to call others on it is hypocritical to the max.

Posted Image

#191 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

I never said Cory wasn't the "main man"...I asked you to back up your statement as a fact - which it isn't.
Your original (and everything else you have pretty much said) is speculation...theory...that's it.

Your failure to understand even logic and then have the gall to call others on it is hypocritical to the max.

So in other words, you just want to pick a fight. You know as we'll as the rest of us that Lou is done in Vancouver, your devils advocate is getting old.

#192 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

It is a Fact Cory started in the playoffs, YES
It is a Fact that the GM is talking about trading Luo, Yes
What does that tell you about the starting job in your litttle logic of a mind especially when you come back with I never said Cory wasn`t the ``main man``.

#193 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

It is a Fact Cory started in the playoffs, YES
It is a Fact that the GM is talking about trading Luo, Yes
What does that tell you about the starting job in your litttle logic of a mind especially when you come back with I never said Cory wasn`t the ``main man``.

Logic..... Lol.

#194 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Screw all these Canucks fans who want Luongo gone. Can't accept the fact that Luongo carried us throughout the playoffs and still somehow takes all the blame for the loss. I want Lui to stay.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#195 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Logic..... Lol.

Àre you laughing at me :)

#196 komodo1970

komodo1970

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

i don t think lou's not a starter. i just think he's not a starter here.

#197 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Screw all these Canucks fans who want Luongo gone. Can't accept the fact that Luongo carried us throughout the playoffs and still somehow takes all the blame for the loss. I want Lui to stay.

Apparently it is the management and coaching staff who want him gone, they are the ones making decisions. What you or i think has nothing to do with it.

#198 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

First of just because someone thinks Schneider is a younger, cheaper, and better option going forward foesn't mean they hate Lu. Also he never said Lu was starter. It sounded like he said they would both get an opportunity to compete for the starting job as a tandem.

#199 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Āre you laughing at me :)

No, with you, I think your right.

#200 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Ok I love this quote from MG, says it all.

"I don't feel any pressure here to trade Roberto for any other reason than to improve this hockey team," said Gillis.

So to all of you that think trading Lou would hurt us.... MG doesn't agree!!!!! Thank god.

#201 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,333 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Ok I love this quote from MG, says it all.

"I don't feel any pressure here to trade Roberto for any other reason than to improve this hockey team," said Gillis.

So to all of you that think trading Lou would hurt us.... MG doesn't agree!!!!! Thank god.

Exactly. Unless someone anti's up - Luongo will be here for this entire season - and with him...the Canucks could win their first Stanley Cup.

We could win it without him - if the return is just as good as him (but on the offensive side).

Posted Image

#202 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

trading a franchise player especially in a market like this is going to cause a media ... even if he says nothing, and waiving his NTC so they can trade him wasn't best for the team?

He hasn't waived his NTC! He still controls where he goes or IF he goes. What he has said is IF MG approaches him, he would consider waiving it. His contract still contains the NTC.

As for all this "Team Guy" talk...he was traded from Florida because he wanted more $$$ than they would pay. He did not choose Vancouver, but was traded here and stayed because they offered him the chance to make the big bucks. WHen his contract renewed, instead of taking a discount like the rest of our top players, Lu negotiated what was at the time, the most lucrative contract in the NHL, structured to circumvent the intent of the CBA to Lu's benifit and with great risk to the organization. It was all about Lu not the team or the Nucks.

After AV's decision to start Cory against LA, Lu starts to talk to the media about "time to move on" before any of the Nucks management have suggested it. Even if management was thinking that, it put them at an immediate disadvantage with him going public like that.

In his recent "classy" talk about Vancouver, his team-mates, the Nucks does he ever mention the fans? No!

I'm not saying he isn't a good team-mate and I recognize he is still a top 10 goalie in the NHL but it is, and always has been about Lu...what he gets paid, when he plays and where he plays.

I just don't get the love--affair of some fans over a guy who has managed his career like a hired gun. WHen he moves on, he won't give a pinch of dust for the fans who fought for him on these boards.

Edited by hockeyville88, 14 January 2013 - 12:55 AM.

#203 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

the way he was treated?

Yeah you're right. I should have been cheering him when he was giving up 8 goal stinkers in the playoffs. Guess that makes me a bad fan <_<

Face it. Sometimes Lou is gold. Other times he can stink up the arena. The problem is, he tends to stink up the arena more often in the playoffs.

The Canucks were beat up and tired by the middle of the SCF, but instead of making a big save, Lou folded like a paper doll.

I don't hate the guy, I don't even know him. I do think he had his chances, and now it's time for him to go.

Hit the road Jack, and don't you come back no more.

Interesting statistic: Every team that has won the Stanley Cup has done it without Roberto Luongo.

Edited by hockeyville88, 14 January 2013 - 12:54 AM.

Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#204 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,917 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

Yeah you're right. I should have been cheering him when he was giving up 8 goal stinkers in the playoffs. Guess that makes me a bad fan <_<

Face it. Sometimes Lou is gold. Other times he can stink up the arena. The problem is, he tends to stink up the arena more often in the playoffs.

The Canucks were beat up and tired by the middle of the SCF, but instead of making a big save, Lou folded like a paper doll.

I don't hate the guy, I don't even know him. I do think he had his chances, and now it's time for him to go.

Hit the road Jack, and don't you come back no more.

Interesting statistic: Every team that has won the Stanley Cup has done it without Roberto Luongo.

My belly laugh of the day. Good one! :lol:
Posted Image

#205 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Interesting statistic, Every team that has won the cup has done it without:

- Henrik Lundqvist
- Pekka Rinne
- Carey Price
- Cory Schneider
- Jimmy Howard
- Jaroslav Halak
- Brian Elliot

Even aside from goaltenders:

- Steven Stamkos
- Claude Giroux
- Henrik Sedin
- Daniel Sedin
- Jason Spezza
- Jarome Iginla
- John Tavares
- Jordan Eberle
- Rick Nash
- Shea Weber
- Erik Karlsson
Exc. Exc. exc.

I guess all those guys suck too right?

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 14 January 2013 - 01:54 AM.

zackass.png

#206 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,582 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

Mike has given out one long front loaded contract. That's it. Other than the Sundin contract, which didn't ever hurt us, which contract are you complaining about?

Google it and you will find a whole lot of displeasure.I am not the only one that sees the ridiculousness of what was done?
Yeah,the one front loaded contract that he should have never given along with the Sundin nightmare contract.Not sure how it helped anybody but Mats and his bride to be pay for their wedding.
There are other contracts and signings but those two are monumental goof ups.
The 'habit' I was referring to was a character issue and not contractual.
If Gillis had not created and signed such a contract with Luo we might be able to afford to keep him now and this whole drama Gillis and /or the .org created could have been placed into some things positive.
That's how Gillis set it up so let's see how it turns out.Good thing Luo is a good sport.

Edited by nuck nit, 14 January 2013 - 06:44 AM.

#207 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

That doesn't automatically mean Luongo has the starting job back. Schneider will be the #1 guy for the majority of the season.

It will be 50/50 I would think. The goaltender who is hot will play but if we are keeping both, both of them need to stay sharp for the playoffs.

Posted Image

#208 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,774 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

2007-08 - Last 6 games: 4.59 GAA, 0.837 Sv%
2008-09 - Last 6 games: 3.31 GAA, 0.879 Sv%
2009-10 - Last 6 games: 3.52 GAA, 0.897 Sv%
2010-11 - Last 6 games: 4.12 GAA, 0.864 Sv%

...I don't.
Posted Image

#209 16*17*1*14

16*17*1*14

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

that quote is blatantly saying that shneider is starting you moron..had it been luongo he would have made a point to say that luongo has been our starting goalie for 6 years and will remain so until something other than is confirmed.

#210 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,774 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

that quote is blatantly saying that shneider is starting you moron..had it been luongo he would have made a point to say that luongo has been our starting goalie for 6 years and will remain so until something other than is confirmed.

Posted Image

It has been confirmed. Multiple times, in fact. By AV, Gillis, Schneider...even Luongo himself.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.