The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To ANYONE who thinks Luo isn't the starter!

The Creature Blue Lagoon

In theory, the team never said they wanted to trade him, or even that they wanted Schneider to be the starter over Luongo. Luongo was the initiator with his original comments. He is however committed to a trade now. I don't understand why people still want to move Schneider over Luongo, when Luongo clearly has no intention to stay a Canuck long-term.

Schneider MAY, and i say MAY, start the season by being the started, but trust me, it will NOT last. The second Cory has a few bad games in a row, the fans will want his head on a platter, and only THEN will people feel silly about all this nonsensical Luongo bashing!

If we trade Lu, God forbid, it'll be a HUGE mistake for the organization... mark my words!

Schneider MAY, and i say MAY, start the season by being the started, but trust me, it will NOT last. The second Cory has a few bad games in a row, the fans will want his head on a platter, and only THEN will people feel silly about all this nonsensical Luongo bashing!

If we trade Lu, God forbid, it'll be a HUGE mistake for the organization... mark my words!

In theory, the team never said they wanted to trade him, or even that they wanted Schneider to be the starter over Luongo. Luongo was the initiator with his original comments. He is however committed to a trade now. I don't understand why people still want to move Schneider over Luongo, when Luongo clearly has no intention to stay a Canuck long-term.

Apparently Schneider stunk it up in Europe big time. GAA well over 3 and a pretty average save % too. He was embarassed in a few games and had to be pulled. Then of course there's that shootout goal where Kane turned the poor kid inside out.

Sorry but 56 NHL games and 1 career playoff victory does not let you overthrow the franchise record holder and star goalie. I'll trust a guy who's been in this league about a decade, won Olympic gold and carried his team to Game 7 of the SCF over a still very much unproven backup goalie who has never faced the workload or pressure required of an NHL starter.

Can Schneider start as an NHL regular? Sure, but he hasn't yet and now should not be the time to experiment and see how he deals with this different beast. Stick to what we know and who we can trust, and that is Roberto Luongo. Yes he may be inconsistent at times, but over the course of a season he evens out to be a top-10 if not top-5 goalie, and he's been so consistently for the past decade.

How come Ryan Miller and Henrik Lundqvist don't get ripped on by their fans? They are top nhl goalies as well, number 1 goalies for their countries at the Olympics, and may even be better than Luongo.

Yet they haven't taken their teams to the finals yet and really have not stole playoff series. But they by all fans in the NHL are considered elite goalies but Luongo by our fans is not after all he has done.

Apparently Schneider stunk it up in Europe big time. GAA well over 3 and a pretty average save % too. He was embarassed in a few games and had to be pulled. Then of course there's that shootout goal where Kane turned the poor kid inside out.

Sorry but 56 NHL games and 1 career playoff victory does not let you overthrow the franchise record holder and star goalie. I'll trust a guy who's been in this league about a decade, won Olympic gold and carried his team to Game 7 of the SCF over a still very much unproven backup goalie who has never faced the workload or pressure required of an NHL starter.

Can Schneider start as an NHL regular? Sure, but he hasn't yet and now should not be the time to experiment and see how he deals with this different beast. Stick to what we know and who we can trust, and that is Roberto Luongo. Yes he may be inconsistent at times, but over the course of a season he evens out to be a top-10 if not top-5 goalie, and he's been so consistently for the past decade.

Where's all the peeps that were saying Lu to T>O> was pretty much done deal? If that were the case, Luongo is just back in town to say goodbye? I don't think so.

Schneider was wearing a Vancouver Grizzlies cap. A VANCOUVER GRIZZLIES CAP!!! The writing is on the wall! Good luck fading off into obscurity Schneiderman!!!!

I am fully in support of keeping both goalies for this season, and they should be used almost 50/50. There will be a lot of back to backs, and having one of the best tandems in the NHL will be a big asset for us. Having said that, I expect Schneider to get more games in the beginning especially, because we can't afford a Luongo October in February. It just comes down to the best player playing until we get a reasonable offer for Lu. I'm happy with the situation.

Are you for real? He was playing for the European cellar dweller and he did great over there. So how many shots a game did he face? Oh and what was this average save%?

Loving Lou is one thing but being an a•• to our drafted and soon to be starting goalie? There are many valid reasons people have for being upset with Lou, from his cocky persona, inconsistent play, to years of playoff meltdowns. So tell us all, enlighten us, what's your beef with Cory? Dislike for redheads?

Archived