The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Arrives in Vancouver but May Not Stay Long

dudeone

I would agree that Jennings is a reflection of the team's commitment to defensive play, however if you recall, it was Luongo who graciously vacated the net for Schneider to give Schneider the requisite number of appearances to share the Jennings trophy. If that doesn't speak of class and selflessness, I don't know what does. If Luongo gets traded, that's what I'll remember him for. As well, I'll also remember him for how generous he was with his time and interest with my friend's seven year son at the Westin Bear Mountain when the Canucks held their camp in Victoria 5-6 years ago.

The time is now for Schneider, but that does should not diminish all the good things that Luongo has accomplished for the Canucks. Will Schneider have equal amounts of success as Luongo? Time will tell. Will the Canucks faithful be merciless in their criticism of Schneider at his first failings? Without doubt, yes...after all, Canuckland is where goalies come to get buried.

Maybe you remember this:

Game 6 chance to win the cup in Boston...and

Brad Marchand whistled a shot over Roberto Luongo's shoulder early in Game 6, Vancouver's enigmatic goalie looked a bit surprised, a little shaky.

When Milan Lucic trickled another goal through Luongo's legs 35 seconds later, the Boston Bruins could tell Luongo was off -- and they were on.

The tension of an elimination game eroded right along with Luongo's poise. With another goal by Andrew Ference moments later, Luongo was history and the Bruins were headed back to Vancouver for the Stanley Cup finals' grand finale.

I would agree that Jennings is a reflection of the team's commitment to defensive play, however if you recall, it was Luongo who graciously vacated the net for Schneider to give Schneider the requisite number of appearances to share the Jennings trophy. If that doesn't speak of class and selflessness, I don't know what does. If Luongo gets traded, that's what I'll remember him for. As well, I'll also remember him for how generous he was with his time and interest with my friend's seven year son at the Westin Bear Mountain when the Canucks held their camp in Victoria 5-6 years ago.

The time is now for Schneider, but that does should not diminish all the good things that Luongo has accomplished for the Canucks. Will Schneider have equal amounts of success as Luongo? Time will tell. Will the Canucks faithful be merciless in their criticism of Schneider at his first failings? Without doubt, yes...after all, Canuckland is where goalies come to get buried.

Archived