The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Would You Start on Saturday? (poll)

Mr. White

Luongo or Schneider  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Schneider needs to feel the heat every night..................so I voted Schneider.

If there is anyone but an elite goalie there we have to flush him out while we still have Lu.

"If Luongo doesn't try hard (and who could blame him if he didn't), he would have less than great stats which might also reduce his value. It also would obviously do nothing to help us win games."

Have learned nothing about Lu. You should be ashamed.

No, I am not.

Luongo has been thrown under the bus but us so called fans. It's never been an issue with goal - it's been an issue with our D and our O coming back to help. Name any goalie in the league and I bet that if they were on the Canucks, we still would have lost to the Kings and the Bruins. As a Canucks fan since the 70's what I'm choked about is the lack of player personnel upgrades done by the team. That is, management seems content to keep going with what they got instead of trying to improve...not these piddly little signings...I want a guy like Perry or Doan on this team...

No....what's really clueless is that people think having 2 goalies is an issue and going on and on and on about it - feeding on the chum that the media tosses to them...

The biggest issue for the Canucks (proven by the last 2 playoff years) is lack of scoring.

This team can't seem to score when it counts - that is in big games.

We would have lost to the Bruins and the Kings no matter which goalie (from any team from any generation) was in net.

The fact is, the Canucks couldn't score enough goals to win.

Goalie position is not the issue, Goal production is.

No....what's really clueless is that people think having 2 goalies is an issue and going on and on and on about it - feeding on the chum that the media tosses to them...

The biggest issue for the Canucks (proven by the last 2 playoff years) is lack of scoring.

We would have lost to the Bruins and the Kings no matter which goalie (from any team from any generation) was in net.

I voted for Schneider to start but now that I think about it, maybe Luongo should get the first game. Anaheim sucks so it might be the best way for Luongo to get his feet wet due to his usual slow starts. Edmonton and Calgary are arguably better teams which happen to be our next opponents so Schneider should probably have those games. After that they can divide up the games appropriately, a Schneider/Luongo 70/30 split would be best in my opinion.

Could you imagine the field day the media would have if Luongo got the first start!?!?!

Barring injury, (knock on wood), there is no way Luongo starts.

I mean this isn't all political, but I think AV may want to avoid having rabid reporters eating Lou and Schneids alive.

I start them both. Schneider in net, and I make Luo the first ever goalie-fourth-line-forward.

He's got good size, and he can block a mean shot.

With Lappy moving up the lineup, there's an opportunity for Luo to step in and show his versatility.

And just try to get that puck past Luo and then Schneider.

Do the math. .919 compounded by .937. Good E%##%ing luck!

Archived