26 replies to this topic

#1 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Recently we have learnt that Kesler and Booth will not be able to play for quite some time. We also have some serious offensive questions to answer, like for example is Kassian ready to play with the sedin? who should play on the second line during Kesler and Booths absence? and who should be the 3rd line center and 4h line center? Based upon what ive seen is that unless kassian has made serious strides of improvement over the year I do not think he should play alongside the sedins, we need to get off to a fast start so i think burrows is the intelligent option. I also beleive that to answer the 2nd line questions I would move Higgins to center which is where he played for some time in MTL, and i would play raymond at boothes spot and possibly a trade aquisition in the other wing spot. On the third line I think Lapierre has done more then enough to earn the green light to be a ble to center it. so i would play lappy at center and move kassian up and have hansen on the otherside. and for the fourth i would have Manny "heart,respect" Malhotra with Weise, Volpatti and a trade aquisition. Jumping to who we should aquire in the LU to T.O deal i would say Kulemin,biggs,Schrivens,,6th. The d looks fine and i would look to sign a goaltender.
My lines would look ike this
Sedins-Burrows
Kulemin-Higgins-Raymond
Hansen-Lapierre-Kassian
Volpatti-Manny-Weise
Future prospects=Biggs,Jensen,Schroder,Gaunce
Bieksa-Hamhuis
Edler-Garrison
Ballard-Tanev
Barker-Vandermeer
*If Ballard,Booth do not play up to par trade them or buy them out
Schneider-Lack

#2 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

I wouldn't make that Luongo trade. Would rather play with the injured line-up we have now.
Posted Image
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 for the signature.

#3 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

I would do something like

Luongo, Connauton

for

Gardiner, Kulemin

doubt TO would though.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#4 Caper

Caper

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Recently we have learnt that Kesler and Booth will not be able to play for quite some time. We also have some serious offensive questions to answer, like for example is Kassian ready to play with the sedin? who should play on the second line during Kesler and Booths absence? and who should be the 3rd line center and 4h line center? Based upon what ive seen is that unless kassian has made serious strides of improvement over the year I do not think he should play alongside the sedins, we need to get off to a fast start so i think burrows is the intelligent option. I also beleive that to answer the 2nd line questions I would move Higgins to center which is where he played for some time in MTL, and i would play raymond at boothes spot and possibly a trade aquisition in the other wing spot. On the third line I think Lapierre has done more then enough to earn the green light to be a ble to center it. so i would play lappy at center and move kassian up and have hansen on the otherside. and for the fourth i would have Manny "heart,respect" Malhotra with Weise, Volpatti and a trade aquisition. Jumping to who we should aquire in the LU to T.O deal i would say Kulemin,biggs,Schrivens,,6th. The d looks fine and i would look to sign a goaltender.
Sedins-Burrows
Kulemin-Higgins-Raymond
Hansen-Lapierre-Kassian
Volpatti-Manny-Weise
Bieksa-Hamhuis
Edler-Garrison
Ballard-Tanev
Barker-Vandermeer
Schneider-Lack

That's gotta be the worst nickname ever. I've honestly never seen a nickname with a comma in it. I will continue to use this for Manny from now on, hope it catches on, then laugh at how much I hate myself.
LongHanded - Somewhere between Don Cherry and someone coherent.

#5 ken kaniff

ken kaniff

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

shouldnt this be in the proposals section. its more of a proposal to trade Lu and solve our injury troubles than anything. and BTW thats a bad trade. Kulemin was garbage last year, scrivens is not even as good as lack, biggs is promising and the 6th is useless.
RIP rick
Sig too big.

#6 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,010 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Lapierre-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise
Ebbett

Edler-Garrison
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Ballard-Tanev
Vandermeer

Schnieder
Luongo

I don't think there's any way Luongo can stay with how weak that forward lineup looks. Can't believe I actually pencilled Raymond in. :sick:

Edited by Number14, 15 January 2013 - 04:52 PM.

zWXdYPq.png

#7 JamesB

JamesB

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

I would do something like

Luongo, Connauton

for

Gardiner, Kulemin

doubt TO would though.

TO does not want to trade Gardiner. And with a concussion, MG probably would not want to trade for him now, although he is an excellent young talent.

#8 **Pavel4Life**

**Pavel4Life**

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

TO does not want to trade Gardiner. And with a concussion, MG probably would not want to trade for him now, although he is an excellent young talent.

^ THIS
CFOO SIG FTW!

QUOTE (bugmo @ Jul 23 2009, 12:09 AM) And you are an idiot who can't see things for the way they are. It's people like you who make it seem okay for the canucks to have a non playoff making team every year. Gillis supporter go jump off the Patullo.

This was said to me and it makes me laugh everytime I read it.

#9 cloutier123

cloutier123

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

I'd way rather have Kulemin than BOZAK! He's a bum (Bozak).

#10 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Yes that's fantastic

I was going to reply with another thread but I am too lazy.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#11 Canuck250

Canuck250

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I wish we would give arnott a try. Even if he turns out to be to old and slow then it makes it even easier when Kes and Booth are healthy again.

#12 clynch

clynch

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows
Raymond - Ebbett - Kassian
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen
Wiese - Malhotra - Volpatti

I think this may be what we see to start. If, and its a big if, Kassian plays well in the first couple games swap him and Burrows. This would only be about balance. I could also see Raymond and Higgins swap places if Raymond doesn't produce quickly.

I think the D are set. The only question is who is sent down to the Wolves.

Loungo will be a Canuck on Saturday. MG will wait a couple weeks to see who is weak in goal and who offers the best value.

#13 Rollieo Del Fuego

Rollieo Del Fuego

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Bozak is no Bum.

A reasonable solution until Lou's trade is bring Jensen back over.

#14 cloutier123

cloutier123

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Your absolutly wrong.

#15 Gage

Gage

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

we want nothing from the maple laughs!

#16 PG_Canuck

PG_Canuck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

I personally think that we should keep both goalies and give them equal playing time this season. Make the decision at or before the deadline. I just dont think that Luongo is to blame for the problems plaguing this team. You need to score goals to win. Start addressing the lack of scoring and go from there.

Edited by PG_Canuck, 15 January 2013 - 10:25 PM.

We're all in the same game; Just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; Just different devils.

#17 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

I personally think that we should keep both goalies and give them equal playing time this season. Make the decision at or before the deadline. I just dont think that Luongo is to blame for the problems plaguing this team. You need to score goals to win. Start addressing the lack of scoring and go from there.

Trading Lou is addressing the lack of scoring.

#18 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Sedins-Burrows
Kulemin-Higgins-Raymond
Hansen-Lapierre-Kassian
Volpatti-Manny-Weise
Bieksa-Hamhuis
Edler-Garrison
Ballard-Tanev
Barker-Vandermeer
Schneider-Lack

I wonder what real punctuation looks like...
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#19 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

The reasonable thing to do would be to KEEP Luongo, who is an all-star calibur goalie, and not throw all our eggs in 1 basket in hopes that Schneider can even play a half season or more and keep his level of play up. The only thing he's proven so far is that he's a good backup. My confidence is still with Lu, 9 out of 10 games, and if you're one of the many throwing him under the bus, then you are an ignorant fool easily swayed by the media.

#20 BobHo

BobHo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Anyone up for Brendan Morrisson

Edited by BobHo, 15 January 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#21 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,359 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Sorry to say it but that is a brutal trade for Luongo.

#22 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,359 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

The more I think about it, if that is all we are going to get fir an all star goalie lets just play the young guys in more prominent roles and see what happens. If the Canucks flame out they get a decent player in a deep draft and can re-tool for next season.

Let's face it, the injuries to Kesler and booth show us just how little true scoring depth there is on this team and I don't see it repaired in the short term only by trading Luongo.

#23 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Theres going to have to be an nhl ready backup in the luongo trade. Lack is injured so then we wouldnt have anyone to backup schneids

#24 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

This team will only go as far as Kesler takes them, so look for a slow start untill he's back. And with this shortened season it better not be for too long or they may be out of it in a month?

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#25 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows
Raymond - Ebbett - Kassian
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen
Wiese - Malhotra - Volpatti

I think this may be what we see to start. If, and its a big if, Kassian plays well in the first couple games swap him and Burrows. This would only be about balance. I could also see Raymond and Higgins swap places if Raymond doesn't produce quickly.

I think the D are set. The only question is who is sent down to the Wolves.

Loungo will be a Canuck on Saturday. MG will wait a couple weeks to see who is weak in goal and who offers the best value.

Wow if this is it for a month or so that's a pretty weak lineup other than the top line. They better hope the twins play lights out ?

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#26 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

Trading Lou is addressing the lack of scoring.

True enough, however the trade suggested by the OP doesn't address the lack of scoring right now and makes the team weaker in goal without any substantial improvement in the top-6. Kulemin is perhaps a third liner here, and Biggs would be a great pick-up but is likely not going to be in the NHL for another couple of years (at least).

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#27 TrueCanuck55

TrueCanuck55

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

Lou for Kulemin,biggs and Franson seems fair to me and if they want raymond add a 2nd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.