The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-Tor Win Win Blockbuster

Why not make this big. Great chance for Nonis to clean house and put his own stamp on the team.

To Toronto : Roberto Luongo, Alex Edler, Keith Ballard, Mason Raymond, Jordan Schroeder

To Vancouver : Phil Kessel, Dion Phaneuf, Jake Gardiner

They should make the playoffs without giving up to much of their future. We get a good second line winger. Elite physical, character, defenceman and a talented defence prospect good enouph to play now.

Luongo - 2nd best career stats in the NHL among active goalies. Only Brodeur is better after playing 7 more years. He can take a team to the playoffs on his own. Has lots of great years left in him.

Edler - Elite defenceman. Has the whole package. Most would consider him in the top 15-20 in the league and is only 26.

Ballard - Has proven himself as a top 4 defencemen. Maybe not here with so much depth and some hard luck injuries and maybe not coach V's kind of guy. But fans here all seem to like him. He should be top 4 on most other teams.

Raymond - Has shown what he can do in the past but is a slim, hard gainer and lost a lot of

muscle after breaking his back and having to take so much time off. He's had lots of time off to gain

muscle and get back in shape. Super fast talented guy with a 1 year contract. I expect him to have a great bounce back year.

Schroeder - Short but strong and stalky. Lots of talent and skill and very determined. I think he has a great upside. I wouldn't bet against him having a good NHL career. Good prospect.

I don't consider any of them to be what you call thrash. And ya you have to give something reasonable to get some players that can help now while the new prospects develop.

Archived