Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

New to CDC and twitter. Looking for people to follow.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Rex "Power" Colt

Rex "Power" Colt

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hey CDC,

I feel like a newborn, not knowing what to expect. I've been reading posts on here for a very long time now. Why I never signed up is beyond me. Im also new to twitter. To be honest, the only reason Im on it is to find hockey players, hockey analysts, rumor-millers, etc. If you guys could post those who you follow I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time and Im looking forward to some quality (and sometimes heated) conversation and opinion.

Cheers.
Posted Image

You know what I like? When puppies bite Jay Onrait's face! You know what I like better? Great Plays!!!

#2 Durl Dixsun

Durl Dixsun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Follow Paul Bissonnette on twitter.

Posted Image

#3 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

strombone1

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#4 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

@HockeyyInsiderr

He's the best Hockey Insider out there.

Also follow @HockeyBuzzEklund

They are both very reliable and very smart

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#5 Evolution10

Evolution10

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

@HockeyyInsiderr

I see what you did there

Posted Image

#6 TIGER SINGH

TIGER SINGH

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Follow Funny Tweets (@autocorrects) on Twitter
Posted Image
Thanks -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

#7 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Follow

The Iron Sheik

@the_ironsheik

Edited by WHL rocks, 19 January 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#8 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Follow Darren Dreger, Pierre Lebrun, Bob McKenzie, James Duthie, NHL, Canucks, GMMikeGillis, TSN, sportsnetmurph

Edited by Markus Alexander Cody, 19 January 2013 - 04:15 PM.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

View PostMarkus Alexander Cody, on 19 July 2010 - 11:34 PM, said:

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#9 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hey CDC,

I feel like a newborn, not knowing what to expect. I've been reading posts on here for a very long time now. Why I never signed up is beyond me. Im also new to twitter. To be honest, the only reason Im on it is to find hockey players, hockey analysts, rumor-millers, etc. If you guys could post those who you follow I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time and Im looking forward to some quality (and sometimes heated) conversation and opinion.

Cheers.

I don't mind if you follow every rumour maker there is, but please don't post the obviously BS ones here. Please.
Posted Image
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
My old sig: http://tinypic.com/v...=5#.UlSrrlAWJ7U

#10 Rex "Power" Colt

Rex "Power" Colt

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

I don't mind if you follow every rumour maker there is, but please don't post the obviously BS ones here. Please.

haha Hey dont worry. Like I said, I've been reading these a while. I know douchebaggery when I see it. I keep that stuff to myself. :emot-parrot:
Posted Image

You know what I like? When puppies bite Jay Onrait's face! You know what I like better? Great Plays!!!

#11 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,031 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

@HockeyyInsiderr

I see what you did there

But seriously, no, don't follow those two as they aren't reliable at all (the first one is listed as an invalid source for rumours on here).

Head here for a pretty comprehensive list of media, players, team, etc. Twitter accounts:
http://capgeek.com/twitter-rankings/
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

samjam for sure, best source ever
Posted Image

#13 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

@DanyAllStar15
Posted Image

#14 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Follow Bob Mackenzie, Darren Dreger, Pierre Lebrun, all the TSN guys.

Of course you have to follow Biznasty and strombone1. I also enjoy @HockeyBLB, some funny
tweets there.

#15 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,689 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Follow me on CDC

I've been voted Most Outstanding Contributor five years in a row through impartial panel.

#16 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

But seriously, no, don't follow those two as they aren't reliable at all (the first one is listed as an invalid source for rumours on here).

Head here for a pretty comprehensive list of media, players, team, etc. Twitter accounts:
http://capgeek.com/twitter-rankings/

lol I was being sarcastic

+1 this post!

Posted Image

#17 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,031 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

lol I was being sarcastic

Well, I know that and you know that, but does the OP know that? It's CDC, prepare to be surprised.

And I'd blame you when the OP posts a rumour thread with @HockeyyInsiderr as the source. ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

Well, I know that and you know that, but does the OP know that? It's CDC, prepare to be surprised.

And I'd blame you when the OP posts a rumour thread with @HockeyyInsiderr as the source. ;)

Fair point, and alright I'm prepared

+1 this post!

Posted Image

#19 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,126 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

As annoying as hockeyinsiderr is he actually does get some stuff right. It's sounding more and more that Gomez will sign in San Jose. He called this right after Redden signed in St.Louis.
Posted Image

#20 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,031 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

As annoying as hockeyinsiderr is he actually does get some stuff right. It's sounding more and more that Gomez will sign in San Jose. He called this right after Redden signed in St.Louis.

Yeah, cause no one else has ever been reporting that. Clearly he's the one that broke the news and he never picked it up as his own from someone else.

He's also been reporting the Canucks were front runners when we denied we were even looking at him, said the Ducks have increased their offer to Gomez and the Kings are VERY INTERESTED. I can't even find his tweet talking about the Sharks, but he did mention Calgary - is that what you meant?

The rumoured deal with San Jose is only around $700K if it goes through. So the Ducks increased it to, $700,001? And LA is ready with a bold move of $700,500?

Edited by elvis15, 20 January 2013 - 01:03 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#21 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,126 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Yeah, cause no one else has ever been reporting that. Clearly he's the one that broke the news and he never picked it up as his own from someone else.

He's also been reporting the Canucks were front runners when we denied we were even looking at him, said the Ducks have increased their offer to Gomez and the Kings are VERY INTERESTED. I can't even find his tweet talking about the Sharks, but he did mention Calgary - is that what you meant?

The rumoured deal with San Jose is only around $700K if it goes through. So the Ducks increased it to, $700,001? And LA is ready with a bold move of $700,500?

He was the first person that I saw who reported it. Other people were saying other teams and SJ wasn't included. I know he isn't going to get everything right, but like Eklund they report everything they hear and lots of times they are going to be wrong. I wouldn't mind him if he wasn't such an annoying b*%^%.
Posted Image

#22 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,031 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

He was the first person that I saw who reported it. Other people were saying other teams and SJ wasn't included. I know he isn't going to get everything right, but like Eklund they report everything they hear and lots of times they are going to be wrong. I wouldn't mind him if he wasn't such an annoying b*%^%.

Feel free to share when he reported it, with what he said and time and date. Just because he was the first person you saw do it, doesn't mean he was the first to report it.

Then there's all the other reports he made that I did see that have nothing to do with anything anyone more reputable has reported.

The problem I have with @HI, is he takes everything like it's his sources and no one else can obtain it when it's really just info he's pulling from other people's twitter, like local reporters and the like. He doesn't give credit and instead calls them anonymous sources.

Edited by elvis15, 20 January 2013 - 03:09 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,126 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

#BREAKINGNEWS: Gomez in San Jose visiting #SJSharks facilities. 1 year deal could be announced today per prev #HIINFO https://t.co/Dg4r43wk

That was on Friday at 9:30am. Sure it's possible someone else reported first that I don't follow, but he was the first on my timeline to report.

Gotta give him credit where credit is due.
Posted Image

#24 Brendan Gaunce

Brendan Gaunce

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Farhan Lalji@FarhanLaljiTSN

NHL@NHL

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks

Sportsnet Pacific@SNETPacific

John Shannon@JSportsnet

Jeff Paterson@patersonjeff

Garry Valk@gvalksportsnet

Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Strombone@strombone1

Just to name a few . . it give you more suggestions after you follow these people.

Posted Image

#25 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,031 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

#BREAKINGNEWS: Gomez in San Jose visiting #SJSharks facilities. 1 year deal could be announced today per prev #HIINFO https://t.co/Dg4r43wk

That was on Friday at 9:30am. Sure it's possible someone else reported first that I don't follow, but he was the first on my timeline to report.

Gotta give him credit where credit is due.

It says 12:47pm (PT) Jan 18 when I open the tweet. Then there was @fearthefin at 10:46am, @SJSharkNews at 11:24am, @JPMONEY82 at 12:21pm and @ForcaPorkChop at 12:07pm (all PT and on Jan 18). All just some random people and bloggers who follow hockey and have tweeted about it, but how about this:

Bruce Garrioch@SunGarrioch

11:37 AM - 18 Jan 13

Not sure how many teams are in on UFA Scott Gomez but Sharks have tendered an offer.

So a full hour before @HI. Where do you think @HI got the info from? One of his unnamed source he can't reveal for fear of their jobs? It's one thing to recognize @HI as an aggregator of other people's information, as well as someone who produces unfounded rumours to generate attention for his website, but to say people should give him credit for breaking anything is just wrong.

I'd be less offended if he gave credit to his 'sources' when he does get something right. Otherwise it'd be like me getting credit for breaking something if all I did was reword another person's tweet rather than just retweet it. I don't have any sources anyone else doesn't.

OP, sorry for the sidetrack, but I don't want you to think that someone like @HI is a valid source.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

@samjam99 for a good time

#27 Rex "Power" Colt

Rex "Power" Colt

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Thanks everyone for the sources! Regardless of them being credible sources or not its entertaining to see such creative imaginations at work! lol
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.