The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Players that frustrate me. They need to read this post-game and smarten up.

Thirty Niner

Kassian - All hype, all bark, no bite. Soft. Showed good discipline early on tonight though.

Bieksa - Done nothing since the 2011 San Jose game winning goal. Dude puts on this "I'm Kevin Bieksa face" but is afraid to get his feet wet in the corners. Didn't respond with anything when Sedin was knocked out last year.

Booth - Too busy working on his twitter fan base to work on his shot accuracy.

Hamhuis - Like Bieksa, this guy is supposed to be a defenseman. USE YOUR BODY, HIT, OR DO SOMETHING.

Wiese - This guy skates around and doesn't do much. Can I have Raffi Torres back please?

e

Discuss.

Kassian - All hype, all bark, no bite. Soft. Showed good discipline early on tonight though.

Bieksa - Done nothing since the 2011 San Jose game winning goal. Dude puts on this "I'm Kevin Bieksa face" but is afraid to get his feet wet in the corners. Didn't respond with anything when Sedin was knocked out last year.

Hamhuis - Like Bieksa, this guy is supposed to be a defenseman. USE YOUR BODY, HIT, OR DO SOMETHING.

Wiese - This guy skates around and doesn't do much. Can I have Raffi Torres back please?

e

Discuss.

e

Discuss.

e

Discuss.

If you don't like the players or the team, there's 29 others and countless minor-league franchises you can go root for instead. To criticize players and staff mid-campaign is to give comfort to enemy. We have numerous external enemies who are more powerful than we are, we cannot afford this kind of dissension. It's bad enough the likes of Toronto, Chicago, Boston, major original-six markets with serious pull, have it out for the Canucks. We do not need splits and divisions and criticism from the inside too, it's too much, we need to circle the wagons and all pull the same direction and [cliche]! Get with the program sir, you are offside!

• 4 weeks later...

So people were complaining that I posted this after game 1. We're now 28 games in and it holds true. All bark, no bite. The team needs a shuffle in the form of a) firing Vigneault/Gillis and B) a major trade shake-up. The Canucks have a reputation of being one of the softer teams in the league. Once again a Sedin was completely leveled last night with a few verbal threats and no reaction.

They don't need players like Sestito and Weise they need top 6 forwards that can crash and bang, while players like Kesler/Burrows/Hansen can hold their weight on the 3rd line. Kassian needs to go to the AHL where he belongs.

• 1 month later...

I don't like Wiese.

When he is on the ice, the opposition is like "Oh look, it's Dale Wiese."

When Torres was on the ice they were saying "Keep your head up guys, Raffi Torres is out there."

Huge difference.

I want a guy on my team that is hard to play against. Like Cooke used to be. Torres. Ruutu.

I don't care how hated they are.

We need the LA Kings "we're douchebags but we get it done" model. Now or it's going to get too late.

We have the skill up front. We need guys that will grind the crap out of the other team. Bang them up hard and run up the score. It's that simple.

The new model. AV needs to light a spark under the team and stop chewing so much gum, it's bad for your teeth,

I don't get the Weise hate. Sure he's not good every game but he delivers some quality games every year. He's a cheapo 4th liner you can't expect miracles.

The Kassian love stems from the Cody hate. For some reason when some guys are traded people or this board go into irrational hate mode for the guy that was traded and so they have to pump Kassian's tires to make the Hodgson trade seem better. Hodgson's flaws are magnified and Kassian's are ignored. Any reason to put down Hodgson will be used and any reason to excuse Kassian's problems will be used.

Archived