The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A decision has to be made, quick!

RyanKeslord17

I'd rather just get Mckinnon in the draft. I doubt even if we finished last in the league that we would get him, but maybe we could trade up I dono. I'm not saying the canucks are done this season by any means, just thinking we need talented young players for the future, be nice to get two first rounders this year :)

Omg its our first game these guys havent played for awile give them a couple ov games to get in the grove just relax things will get better and having luongo there is a bonus i beleive he can still help out when called upon luongo is a world clase goalie and dont u think he has somthing to prove this year he will be our guy this year u watch wich is fine by me luongo rules.....

wow some people went crazy over the lockout. or do we have a new breed of bandwagoners...now that this is all the news...get on board.

we have the best tandom in the league, relax.

our only problem is that rediculious contract of lous. the nucks should buy him out and re sign him at minimum. then we would have the best tandom and lots of cap space.

wow some people went crazy over the lockout. or do we have a new breed of bandwagoners...now that this is all the news...get on board.

we have the best tandom in the league, relax.

our only problem is that rediculious contract of lous. the nucks should buy him out and re sign him at minimum. then we would have the best tandom and lots of cap space.

This is the last time I post and/or venture into Canucks Talk for a very long time. It amazes me the sheer stupidity and panic that sets in to these armchair GM geniuses.

We actually have a thread (locked) titled "Hodgson 1, Kassian 0". Like for real. You wonder why people hate Canucks fans so much. CDC - Canucks Talk is the perfect example why.

I could care less how well we do in the regular season as long as we make it into the playoffs.

AV can feel free to play whatever combinations he wants and take the next 2 months getting things running smoothly.

All I care about is the playoffs, and if we squeak into the playoffs and then win the Cup (a la LA Kings), I will be much happier than if we win the Presiden't Trophy and lose in the first round.

Moral of the story... chill the heck out dude.

One game guys, might as well tank the season. Trade both goalies and the Sedins, waive Manny, Raymond, Ballard Ebbet, fire AV and Gillis, re-trade Kassian for Hodgson, Garrison was a terrible signing should've kept Salo, blah blah blah.

It's been one game. Jeeez.

They can't go on much longer icing two great goalies that should both be starters. Management has to decide on one goalie and move forward. I'm not saying by any stretch that Schneider will continue to play like that every game if Luongo is here, but he will constantly have it in the back of his mind. Every goal Schneider lets in, he'll be looking to the bench to see if Roberto is coming in.

It's not the same for Schneider anymore. A decision was made last playoffs that Schneider is supposedly our go to guy, and we locked him up for the next 3 years. The pressure is much higher this year, and having Luongo on the bench is a nice option for us, but for Cory, it is probably a nightmare. If we get an actual back-up, he can relax a little, and know that all our faith is truly on him.

Also, say Luongo comes in and gets a shutout tonight, or plays absolutely amazing, AV will continue to play him, like he said, the better goalie plays. This decreases Schneider's confidence completely. I know Luongo and Cory have nothing against one and other, and they are supportive for each other, but inside, Lu wants his job back, whether it's here or elsewhere.

Trade one of the two, preferably Luongo, as we have already made a decision once already to trade Lu.

Archived