The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian too confident at the end of his fight?

Dayman

Really?! You call that arrogance?! Really?!

Jones_Gold_WJC2736.jpg

The kid was simply stating a fact and backed it up. It's not arrogant if you back it up: it's called having supreme confidence and being a champion.

My sig below reads "Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali statements". Seth made a statement and backed it up. Only the elite are capable of that, and Seth is one at least at the junior level right now.

As for Kassian, I do not think his actions were arrogant at all. It's his home crowd and he's trying to get the fans back into the game after the Oilers tied it up.

So after his fight, anyone else notice his little victory celebration? I love Kassian and really thought he played well today, but anybody else think that antics like that are unnecessary?

Just wait until one of our Canucks is on the losing end and someone celebrates. I guarantee all of your jimmies will be rustled.

You know, the Oilers are starting to look pretty good on paper....they aren't like a Columbus or Calgary when it comes to talent now.

I don't understand how people still expect the Oilers to lose every game, they have young stars at almost every position.

So after his fight, anyone else notice his little victory celebration? I love Kassian and really thought he played well today, but anybody else think that antics like that are unnecessary?

Just wait until one of our Canucks is on the losing end and someone celebrates. I guarantee all of your jimmies will be rustled.

The problem is, this is one sided. By that I mean if the shoe was on the other foot, people would be raging mad.

Many people may say that it's no big deal or to just get the fans going, but if an opposing player did it in Rogers Arena, BAM, there would be outrage. This instance has happened before, and it was immediately downplayed because it was a lack of respect.

If you want to get the fans pumped at home, go have a good fight, but have respect when it is over. It was bad showmanship, but I understand why he did it.

I'm sure an instance will happen again during this year and I am interested to see the reaction. If there is a blow out for the visiting team and they pummel someone in a fight and "raise the roof" afterwards, would that not be interpreted as taunting and have 25 threads made talking about how that player is garbage? Objectively Always.

The problem is, this is one sided. By that I mean if the shoe was on the other foot, people would be raging mad.

Many people may say that it's no big deal or to just get the fans going, but if an opposing player did it in Rogers Arena, BAM, there would be outrage. This instance has happened before, and it was immediately downplayed because it was a lack of respect.

If you want to get the fans pumped at home, go have a good fight, but have respect when it is over. It was bad showmanship, but I understand why he did it.

I'm sure an instance will happen again during this year and I am interested to see the reaction. If there is a blow out for the visiting team and they pummel someone in a fight and "raise the roof" afterwards, would that not be interpreted as taunting and have 25 threads made talking about how that player is garbage? Objectively Always.

Generally speaking, I don't enjoy watching that kind of stuff after a fight. But in this case, I was cheering my butt of when Kass did it. It was very refreshing seeing 'I'll hit you from behind' Eager bleeding from the face and a Canucks player outwardly showing emotion. I really want to see more youth injected into the Canucks lineup, they bring a different dynamic to the game and dressing room.

Archived