Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

So...

Luongo:

5GP - 2W - 0L - 2OTL - 1.46GAA - .944Sv%

Schneider:

4GP - 2W - 2L - 0OLT - 3.13GAA - .897Sv%

Anyone has anything to say?

King of the ES do you believe Luongo is distracting Schneider from performing? Maybe the Avery rule should be applied against Luongo?

Smurf47? How about the technicality of goaltending? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Care to explain? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judging from the support Lu's getting in the barn, I would say most posters on this board don't go out often and illusion superceeds reality.

Vigneault's last question was regarding goaltending. His answer "coin toss, let you know Sunday" as he exits and terminates question period even though another question was in the process of being asked. I believe this was the right course of action. If you shut them up, they'll cease to ask eventually.

Finally this situation is starting to clear with Luongo taking back his rightful position and Schneider having to fight for icetime, as it ought to be, not unlike any other player on the Canucks.

Finally.

Sorry to see you play as a Devil's advocate here.

Luongo has improved on a steady basis, and I think he has learned to better handle pressure, even in a competitive and an excessively-demanding market, such as Vancouver.

Had that goal been counted? Same with all the ringing-post shots he encounter usually in games. Are you predicting a shot off the post from a NHL goalie would demoralize him for most of his playing seasons?

Actually, Lou is playing very well and has been working on the things he needed to work on...the technical things... :) getting square to shooter, better balance over his skates etc... Schneider had a poor first game but has equaled Lou in SP and close in GAA over his last 3 games. The team is also playing better as the season progresses and that is benefitting Lou. Lou can play great goal, and did it in 2010-11....he just needed to revert to what made him successful that season. I';m always happy when I see goalies improve and fix the technical problems. I just hope he keeps with the program...we all win then.

......This is a new season, can we not just be happy with what we are seeing from him right now?Instead of hashing and re-hashing past mistakes.As regards to his playoff performances,we have to get into the playoffs first and this is what Lou is especially good at.

Please let's stop putting the cart in front of the horse just yet !

Actually, Lou is playing very well and has been working on the things he needed to work on...the technical things... :) getting square to shooter, better balance over his skates etc... Schneider had a poor first game but has equaled Lou in SP and close in GAA over his last 3 games. The team is also playing better as the season progresses and that is benefitting Lou. Lou can play great goal, and did it in 2010-11....he just needed to revert to what made him successful that season. I';m always happy when I see goalies improve and fix the technical problems. I just hope he keeps with the program...we all win then.

Philly: they aren't shy about big moves, but it would take two of them to get it done - buying out Bryz (or finding somewhere to dump him) then trading for Luongo. It remains to be seen if Bryz can do the trick for them, but I see them giving him a shot at least until the deadline.

Yes, as I have noticed tonight during the game, the fans sitting in the barn are right behind Luongo, supporting him unconditionally. I for one am very happy with this turn of events. It could have been extremely ugly in Vancouver for years to come. hopefully, time will heal old wounds, while the media calms down with their stupidity and ugly clown acts, as fans return to support the greatest athlete Vancouver has ever seen as their own.

I would say we're not too far from that.

For they who are still looking forward to a Luongo trade, I certainly hope you don't have children.

This damn evil thread ought be to be closed promtly.

Yes, as I have noticed tonight during the game, the fans sitting in the barn are right behind Luongo, supporting him unconditionally. I for one am very happy with this turn of events. It could have been extremely ugly in Vancouver for years to come. hopefully, time will heal old wounds, while the media calms down with their stupidity and ugly clown acts, as fans return to support the greatest athlete Vancouver has ever seen as their own.

I would say we're not too far from that.

For they who are still looking forward to a Luongo trade, I certainly hope you don't have children.

This damn evil thread ought be to be closed promtly.

Archived