58 replies to this topic

#1 nuck luck

nuck luck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

I know it sucks that we lost....but at least we got a point out of it. This team (without 2/3's of the 2nd line) is still keeping us in playoff contention.

- Lou: Played amazing! He basically kept us in it and got us the point. I'm glad he's still a Canuck! After this shortened season and the playoffs start, we're gonna have the best tandem (and best rested) in the league.... and we all know the importance of this position come playoffs. Lous increasing his value and reminding people what his true value is, if he does get traded before the deadline than it's gonna be for something worthy....

- Kass: I'm getting his jersey.

- Schroeds: Earned a spot on the roster. Nice to see another prospect we drafted rise to the level....

- Burr: Might have found his scoring touch... looked good with Higgy.

- Higgy: Definite improvement and looks to be on his way back to form.

- Sedins: Playing a little more aggressive.... confidence is good.

- Hansen: Just needs to find his scoring touch and we're all good.

- Mayray: No goals, but hasn't digressed.

- Ballard: Looks great....( I mentioned this in a previous post ) we won't be able to afford his cap, so anything to improve his trade value is great for our future.

- Tanev: Still solid and deserves to play in the top 4 right now.

- Garrison: He hasn't had the summer and only a handful of games to get used to a new system, players and coach. He hit a post so there is improvement from last games....

- Top 4 D: I can't see them playing any worse... they can only improve. I don't think I'm the only one who is confident with their abilities to bounce back.... How good is our D gonna be with the top 4 back and Ballard/Tanev on the 3rd!

- PP: We need to make adjustments.... but we did hit two posts.

- Posts: We hit 5 of them....just mm away from a goal and a much different result. Had the early ones gone in, well, any of them could have been the momentum changer... Best thing is that all 5 shots that hit the post were from 5 different players! That's pretty balanced scoring (one tear)...... had they gone in.

- AV: Last few years, I was on the 'Fire AV' wagon....than over the summers, my short-term memory deceives me and I forget all about AV's faults and I climbed back on the fence. I kept thinking that he 'had' to learn from his mistakes....how couldn't he?

The only issue I really have is with the coaching. The one thing that bugs me the most.... How can you let the team sit back and play a defensive game when you have a 1 or 2 goal lead? In todays NHL, a 2 goal lead means nothing.... EVERYONE cheering for the Nucks knows this! How can AV not see this!

Speaking about AV:

- How can someone not learn from their mistakes when it's so obvious?

- How can someone be so stubborn with their decision making when the results don't favor him?

- I thought Schroeds played well....how come I didn't see much of him in the latter parts of the game? He could have skated the puck out of our zone, he's in mid-season form and he hasn't been a liability.

- Why does AV make the same roster mistakes?

- Why does AV give leeway to some players and nothing to others?

- Why does AV keep going with O/D lines that don't work and only decide to switch it up when he has to?

- and why does AV keep going back to the same lines the following game?

- How come AV turns mute during games when he should be spewing?

He's not a bad coach and there are worse in the league....but if a better coach happens to become available, I hope we nab him!

Edited by nuck luck, 29 January 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#2 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

I agree with u that one change has to be made, but the one im thinking of is dropping Dale Weise to the fourth line, so he can fan on his scoring oppurtunities their. We need to get Lapierre going and give give him more then a 1 game chance, and i think that despite his injury AV should put him with Schroeder and Raymond.

#3 nuck luck

nuck luck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

I agree with u that one change has to be made, but the one im thinking of is dropping Dale Weise to the fourth line, so he can fan on his scoring oppurtunities their. We need to get Lapierre going and give give him more then a 1 game chance, and i think that despite his injury AV should put him with Schroeder and Raymond.

Yes...or drop him and give Archie a chance. He was playing pretty good for the Wolves until the Lockout ended, but I haven't kept track since. Anyone know?

I prefer bringing up someone else or getting a FA and putting Lappy on IR. During the playoffs, a healthy Lappy will tilt the rink in our favor.... We don't need Lappy with an ongoing nagging groin injury during the playoffs....if anything, he's only going to make it worse or we might end up losing him at the worst time possible.....Nuck Luck.

Edited by nuck luck, 29 January 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#4 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,100 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

He's not a bad coach and there are worse in the league....but if a better coach happens to become available, I hope we nab him!

It is often said about leadership, that by the time you have to yell and scream, you've already lost control. Just because he isn't blowing up on the bench doesn't mean he isn't communicating with the players. Plus, we never know what he is saying behind closed doors.
Posted Image

#5 bure10fan

bure10fan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Raymond no goals? Mason?

#6 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,935 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

You know what would be nice? Not using Edler anymore on shootouts. He may have scored on 2 of his first 3, but since then he's been about 10%, and this year looks completely lame at them.

Raymond has done well in the past, and has been moving the puck well. Schroeder seems to have fantastic hands, why not give him a shot? Kassian proved last game that the young guys, who have grown up with the shootout, are a good bet.

Hell, even Garrison is DYING to put the puck in the net. Let him go first, wind up at the hashmarks, and just blast it Brian Rolston style. If the Kings don't like it, too bad - we didn't like it when Brown blindsided Henrik either.
Posted Image

#7 nuck luck

nuck luck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

It is often said about leadership, that by the time you have to yell and scream, you've already lost control. Just because he isn't blowing up on the bench doesn't mean he isn't communicating with the players. Plus, we never know what he is saying behind closed doors.

Fair enough... I should have worded it differently. I would just like him to inspire the boys! You've heard some of the famous speeches given before an important game in all professional sports.... I'm not asking for Herb Brooks speech before the US - Soviet game. I just want something that will at least motivate the team, that's what his job is.

I think good coaches will take a timeout if the team is lacking focus and try and use it to his advantage. Give the guys a breather, let them gather their bearings, try to set up plays or at the the very least.....say something to change the momentum. If AV uses it, my jaw drops..... I'm not saying he doesn't use it, but not near enough.

I haven't seen the boys with that fire or enthusiasm since the Boston game last year... and there's plenty of situations where it would have been nice to see during the early Playoff exits and the Finals.

Edited by nuck luck, 29 January 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#8 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

POPULAR

AV needs to go.
He already admits that he doesn't say anything to the guys in the locker room and that he leaves it to them.
Obviously he's been here to long and leaves it to the team.
They need a coach who will coach not rely on the teams talent and same old plays.
Even the fans watching at home can tell teams how to play against the Nucks.

#9 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,409 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

You know what would be nice? Not using Edler anymore on shootouts. He may have scored on 2 of his first 3, but since then he's been about 10%, and this year looks completely lame at them.

Raymond has done well in the past, and has been moving the puck well. Schroeder seems to have fantastic hands, why not give him a shot? Kassian proved last game that the young guys, who have grown up with the shootout, are a good bet.

Hell, even Garrison is DYING to put the puck in the net. Let him go first, wind up at the hashmarks, and just blast it Brian Rolston style. If the Kings don't like it, too bad - we didn't like it when Brown blindsided Henrik either.

And WTF was Burrows doing last night?

I agree about Schroeder, BTW. Let some of these "young guns" take a shot. It's not like the guys we have are lighting it up.

As far as the game goes, it sucks blowing yet another 2 goal lead, but I honestly thought that the Canucks were better against the Sharks. They generated more and played better defensively. (the gift goals on the Edler and Garrison giveaways notwithstanding)

Last night, they were badly outplayed, especially when it came to puck battles. If not for Louie, it would have been a blowout loss.

I don't agree that AV needs to yell and scream more. That's something you do with a young, inexperienced team. If Gillis ever goes with a rebuild, then I'll climb on the "new coach" bandwagon. I believe he's the right kind of coach for a veteran lineup. That being said, I hope he's as worried as I am about how poorly the team has fared in faceoffs so far this season.

Virtually every PP goal given up so far (as well as the late goal last night) was a product of a defensive zone faceoff loss. It's something that needs a lot of work.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#10 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Always been a fan of AV, except for his stubborn idea that he'd rather go we people he's confortable instead of going with who's hot or giving someone else a shot.

Schroeder has been playing well, protects the puck, no stupid turnover, created some offense. Burrows is not a natural center/playmaker.

Why isn't he on the 2nd line with Burrows and Higgins(or Raymond). Yes Burrows scored in the last 2 games, but those we're pretty much his only scoring chances he had. Higgins is not a threat offensively.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Burrows
Hansen-Lapierre-Higgins (or Manny is Lappy is injured)
Who cares about the 4th line (Weise is playing well, but no way he should be higher than 4th line)

#11 nuck luck

nuck luck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Damn! That is one I missed in my thoughts on AV... Why does he keep going back to certain players for shootouts? Edler? D. Sedin?

#12 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

It's not AV's fault, the boys need to put the puck in the net
Posted Image

#13 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,409 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Always been a fan of AV, except for his stubborn idea that he'd rather go we people he's confortable instead of going with who's hot or giving someone else a shot.

Schroeder has been playing well, protects the puck, no stupid turnover, created some offense.  Burrows is not a natural center/playmaker.

Why isn't he on the 2nd line with Burrows and Higgins(or Raymond).  Yes Burrows scored in the last 2 games, but those we're pretty much his only scoring chances he had.  Higgins is not a threat offensively.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Who cares about the 4th line (Weise is playing well, but no way he should be higher than 4th line)

I haven't heard any direct comments on that, but I honestly believe that it's similar to the Ballard Tanev situation.

The third line has looked good enough that the coaching staff is reluctant to split them up, preferring to let Burrows' line work things out.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#14 nuck luck

nuck luck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Schroeder has been playing well, protects the puck, no stupid turnover, created some offense. Burrows is not a natural center/playmaker.

Why isn't he on the 2nd line with Burrows and Higgins(or Raymond). Yes Burrows scored in the last 2 games, but those we're pretty much his only scoring chances he had. Higgins is not a threat offensively.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

I agree.... I want to see more of Schroeder and I'd like to see him center Mayray and Burr on the second. Or Higgy and Burr, I think they both had 4 scoring chances each last game...

Schroeds hasn't been a liability...if anything, he has proven himself! He's making Mayray look great so imagine what he could do if he had Burr on the other side :)

#15 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

they just need to do 2 things ,

BUILD ON LEADS , when we were up 2-0 it looked impossible to get another goal , i dont get this team

HOLD A LEAD , for christs sake if you can score when your up two goals atleast hold onto the lead
Posted Image

#16 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

-Schroeder should have got more ice time in the 3rd, as you said he can skate the puck out and he's in mid season form. Apparently our guys were "tired" so why not let Schroeder play more? He's been one of our better players.

-Edler should not have been in the shooutout, Schroeder should have, once again AV showing he doesn't trust anyone but his favorites even when they're playing terrible

-Sat on a 2 goal lead again and lost it again........ same story every year

and to everyone saying we don't know what AV says behind closed doors and stuff, he's already said this season and last season he doesn't talk to the team after losses or anything because they're a veteran group.

WTF is he doing here then, besides not playing our team to it's full potential?

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#17 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

I agree with this lineup. We have enough natural centers to ice a full team. Put Schroeder in a scoring role without Weise. Higgins and Hansen can grind it out while chipping in offense. Manny between two big guys on the 4th should be solid enough as long as he wins faceoffs so they have possession.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#18 I Got A Boy

I Got A Boy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

nope coachs fine hes just having bad days hell be better think who got us to playoffs every yr

#19 Roflcawptur

Roflcawptur

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

It's not AV's ALL fault, the boys need to put the puck in the net

Fixed.

:canucks: Proud Canuck from Kansas City :canucks:

Bieksa.png

#20 WL Canuck Fan

WL Canuck Fan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

I know it sucks that we lost....but at least we got a point out of it. This team (without 2/3's of the 2nd line) is still keeping us in playoff contention.

- Lou: Played amazing! He basically kept us in it and got us the point. I'm glad he's still a Canuck! After this shortened season and the playoffs start, we're gonna have the best tandem (and best rested) in the league.... and we all know the importance of this position come playoffs. Lous increasing his value and reminding people what his true value is, if he does get traded before the deadline than it's gonna be for something worthy....

- Kass: I'm getting his jersey.

- Schroeds: Earned a spot on the roster. Nice to see another prospect we drafted rise to the level....

- Burr: Might have found his scoring touch... looked good with Higgy.

- Higgy: Definite improvement and looks to be on his way back to form.

- Sedins: Playing a little more aggressive.... confidence is good.

- Hansen: Just needs to find his scoring touch and we're all good.

- Mayray: No goals, but hasn't digressed.

- Ballard: Looks great....( I mentioned this in a previous post ) we won't be able to afford his cap, so anything to improve his trade value is great for our future.

- Tanev: Still solid and deserves to play in the top 4 right now.

- Garrison: He hasn't had the summer and only a handful of games to get used to a new system, players and coach. He hit a post so there is improvement from last games....

- Top 4 D: I can't see them playing any worse... they can only improve. I don't think I'm the only one who is confident with their abilities to bounce back.... How good is our D gonna be with the top 4 back and Ballard/Tanev on the 3rd!

- PP: We need to make adjustments.... but we did hit two posts.

- Posts: We hit 5 of them....just mm away from a goal and a much different result. Had the early ones gone in, well, any of them could have been the momentum changer... Best thing is that all 5 shots that hit the post were from 5 different players! That's pretty balanced scoring (one tear)...... had they gone in.

- AV: Last few years, I was on the 'Fire AV' wagon....than over the summers, my short-term memory deceives me and I forget all about AV's faults and I climbed back on the fence. I kept thinking that he 'had' to learn from his mistakes....how couldn't he?

The only issue I really have is with the coaching. The one thing that bugs me the most.... How can you let the team sit back and play a defensive game when you have a 1 or 2 goal lead? In todays NHL, a 2 goal lead means nothing.... EVERYONE cheering for the Nucks knows this! How can AV not see this!

Speaking about AV:

- How can someone not learn from their mistakes when it's so obvious?

- How can someone be so stubborn with their decision making when the results don't favor him?

- I thought Schroeds played well....how come I didn't see much of him in the latter parts of the game? He could have skated the puck out of our zone, he's in mid-season form and he hasn't been a liability.

- Why does AV make the same roster mistakes?

- Why does AV give leeway to some players and nothing to others?

- Why does AV keep going with O/D lines that don't work and only decide to switch it up when he has to?

- and why does AV keep going back to the same lines the following game?

Lets respond to some of this.

Firstly, the young players are playing good because their season opened earlier (Chicago) and so they are in game shape. The vets are suffering from the delayed season start.

I skipped down a bit, but you are talking about "sitting back playing a defensive game". Thats not what the coach wanted, that is what tired players who played the night before were capable of versus a team rested and pushing desperately in the third period. You make it seem like AV told them to hang back, as opposed to their tired legs forcing them to hang back.

What are AV's roster mistakes? Who did you want out there last night that wasn't out there? Kes? Booth? Injured. Jason Arnott, who we didn't sign? He didn't pass physical with the Rangers. Anyway, who? What was the mistake, not playing Alberts?

What O/D line do you mean? Are you suggesting "mad scramble" and playing KB3/Eddie, Hammer/Ballie, Garrison/Tanev? Course, we've never seen that, except KB3/Eddie, which sucks BTW, so what were you looking for? And Offensive lines, I have no idea what you are talking about. Suggest better.

AV turns mute. So you think spewing changes a refs mind? Like Tortorella, or McLellan? It has cause and effect when a GM says it to a reporter. BUT, it always comes with a price. Fine, etc. So, use sparingly.

Who is your better coach? Com on now, who? Course, you prolly have a "magic" coach who has never won a cup, but you feel has a miracle cure for our team that AV is too blind to see, but you see it, and your coach see it. Now, come on, name the coach, and tell me why he is better, how many times he has been the the Finals, and how many cups he has won, and why he would walk away from the team he is coaching. It is easy to criticize, much harder to come up with a solution.
Sig too big.

#21 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Let's try a 4th line of Vandermeer - Lappy - Volpatti.
Kevin.jpg

#22 WHFproductions

WHFproductions

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

When Booth and Kesler come back it will be a big help. I like Kassian with the sedin so when they come back I see the lines will be

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-kesler-Raymond
Hansen-burrows-Higgins
Weise-malhotra-Lappiere

AV is a good coach but your right, if a coach does become available, for example Mike Babcock( not saying hes going to just using him as an example) AV will be fired and he will be hired.

#23 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Raymond has no goals? Are you talking about just last night? Because Raymond is one of our leading goal scorers...
Posted Image

#24 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

i stopped reading after you said mayray had no goals...kidding i stopped after you mentioned posts...but..

PP needs to improve A LOT
D needs to improve A LOT

Edler, garrison need to WAKE UP
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#25 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Fair enough... I should have worded it differently. I would just like him to inspire the boys! You've heard some of the famous speeches given before an important game in all professional sports.... I'm not asking for Herb Brooks speech before the US - Soviet game. I just want something that will at least motivate the team, that's what his job is.

I think good coaches will take a timeout if the team is lacking focus and try and use it to his advantage. Give the guys a breather, let them gather their bearings, try to set up plays or at the the very least.....say something to change the momentum. If AV uses it, my jaw drops..... I'm not saying he doesn't use it, but not near enough.

I haven't seen the boys with that fire or enthusiasm since the Boston game last year... and there's plenty of situations where it would have been nice to see during the early Playoff exits and the Finals.

Nice that you make this thread after a tired team loses to a very good team and AV uses his timeout near the end of the second period to try and help out his players. You have no idea what his actual interactions are like with the team apart from interviews and when you see him behind the bench.

I'm good with you having an opinion, but try to think things through a little and maybe even put it in one of the other threads where people are rating the Canucks, talking about the game last night, or ranting about the coaching.

Edited by elvis15, 29 January 2013 - 02:47 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#26 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

To NYR: AV, Weise, Ebbet
To Van: Torts, Asham

In all seriousness though, our whole coaching staff gets out coached by anyone decent. They are likeable, but that doesn't mean they're good at what they do. AV has his boys and they can do no wrong, he also has absolutely no idea how to get more out of his players or be creative. Bowness's defense should be way better, he needs to assess the pairings better and put a leash on the free wheeling weak ass play in our end. Smart smash mouth defense, if you don't block shots sit on the bench no matter who you are.. Don't even get me started on special teams..

#27 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

And can someone explain to me why Weise doesn't fight, why is he here?

#28 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Once Booth and Kesler are back, who plays fourth line? Raymond, Hansen or Higgins? Personally I'd put Hansen back there. Raymond's starting to have a bounce back year.
Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Raymond-Lappiere-Higgins
Hansen-Malhotra-Weise

Bieksa - Hamhuis
Edler - Garrison
Tanev - Ballard

Schneids/ Luongo

Looks like a cup contender to me. Especially since Tanev and Ballard are playing very well. Once Garrison and Edler pick up their game we'll be hard to beat. If I were MG I'd hold on to Luongo until the draft, unless someone gave us an offer we couldn't refuse.

Fixed.

No... No you didn't fix it....

Edited by laxgoalie, 29 January 2013 - 03:44 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#29 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

I think OP meant even though Raymond didn't score last night, he's still playing just as good.

I'm going to give AV the next 10 games and if he's still making decisions that baffle me, then I will truly believe we need a new coach.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#30 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,843 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

The Sedins are not scoring.Burr got the brothers the puck.

The D no longer has a legitimate- Salo/Ehrhoff -offensive threat.Eddy looks lost out there.Garrison is not an offensive threat.

Missing Kesler means all the focus is on the twins and his loss of f/o supremacy.

Having the GM put a cloud over your goaltending is not helping the team in the least bit.

Kesler may never come back to form.Time to trade for a D man and legitimate 2c.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.