The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Possible playmakers, thoughts on forwarding lines etc.

If Gillis is still in the market for a top six forward, I'd be interested in moving Booth out for a playmaking second liner.

I don't care who or how, or how much his pay is, I think it's the best way to solidify our top six.

I'm a huge Booth fan, but I don't believe that our second line is good enough until we get a playmaking second liner.

I also hope you guys remember the steal we got him for. Marco sturm + Mikael Samuelsson. Not to mention a 3rd round pick in this year's draft, and Steven Reinprecht.

Right now, when we're healthy, our lines will look something like

Daniel - Henrik - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen/Higgins

Lapierre - Malhotra - Volpatti

I don't believe that Schroeder's ready to play up on the second line yet, so I'm interested in moving out one of our scorers for a playmaker.

When I look at Washington as a trading partner, the only thing that comes to mind that seems possible is Mike Ribeiro. A deal centering Luongo + for Ribeiro + makes way too much sense to me for it not to happen if we do end up moving him there.

Looking at the Devils, I see Patrik Elias. Yeah, he'll probably be a devil for life but he's so amazing. He knows where to be all the time, he goes to the net and fights, and he passes with ease. He’s a veteran and would add a lot of experience.

Another guy is Dannie Briere. Guy’s always been a stud, and I’d love him on this team.

Also the heavily regarded Stephen Weiss. We’re not going to be able to move David Booth back to Florida, but he’s another good playmaker who’d fit well on the second line. If Luongo does end up going back to Florida, a deal centering these two players makes too much sense not to happen.

It’d be crazy to think of what our team could accomplish with Weiss

Daniel – Henrik – Kassian

Booth- Weiss/Ribeiro/Elias/Briere – Kesler or Kesler - Briere

Raymond – Burrows – Hansen

Lapierre – Malhotra – Higgins

I never thought I’d see Burrows back on the third line, but it makes so much sense if we could get weiss back. I honestly believe this would be our best team offensively that we’ve had in the last 15 years if we could. Weiss and Booth have played together. Also, there’s a “pesk” on all four lines.

Kassian, Kesler, Burrows, and Lapierre can all get under players’ skins.

If we move a top six forward out, then the need for a 3rd line centre stays.

My dream is that Gillis can acquire a player who can skate at the same pace as kesler and burrows, who’s also a playmaker, and a 3rd line centre before the deadline.

If this is out of reach, I doubt that we’ll be able to be successful, and I’d try and get a really high end prospect, or a first round + prospects not of that calibre

I’d do anything right now to get one of the players I’ve mentioned above. Even if that involves giving up one of our top prospects, or a high pick, I think it’s best for the team.

Also, if you're going to propose something, be realistic. No Luongo + raymond + ballard + rodin + 1st for nicklas backstrom bs please.

Am I missing any real possibilities for playmakers?

To Philly: Luongo,Booth,2nd 2014.

To Vancouver: Briere, Coturier

We get a playmaker on the 2nd line and a 3rd line checker and scorer.

Lineup when everyones healthy.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Briere-Kesler

Raymond-Couturier-Hansen

Higgins-Schroeder-Manny/Lapierre

Briere's cap-hit is HUGE (6million+) and I don't want us to get any older, we already have veterans on this team.

If Luongo is getting traded, I want an NHL-ready/ELC player, and 1st/2nd rd pick

Burrows can fill either 2nd line RW, or 3rd line C when Kesler and Booth get back, and I think whichever one he doesn't fill, we should be looking at getting a young,skilled ELC player to player that position

I think that's where we could get some leverage, though.

Briere's contract for Lou's, and then we get the upperhand with another player + pick.

You know if Lou's going to Philly, we'll need to take some cap back. If so, why not briere?

I know it's a bit off the charts, but I'd love to have him.

To Philly: Luongo,Booth,2nd 2014.

To Vancouver: Briere, Coturier

We get a playmaker on the 2nd line and a 3rd line checker and scorer.

Lineup when everyones healthy.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Briere-Kesler

Raymond-Couturier-Hansen

Higgins-Schroeder-Manny/Lapierre

I still think we need to add a playmaker on the second line, so we can move Burrows down to the third line centre spot, or add a 3rd line centre. thought I'd bump this again for more input.

also lol @ Washington, Florida, and Philadelphia being 13, 14, 15 in their conference.

I'm of the "bump Hansen up to the 2nd line" camp.

He's really speedy (so is Kes), he can and is beginning to drive play by lugging the puck up ice and creating off the rush (much like what Ryan likes to do), he's strong at passing on the fly whereas Ryan likes to shoot (though it seems like Jannik's also shooting more now), he provides tons of energy and I.I.R.C. they played together very long ago with Burrows to form a checking line. Since they're familiar with one another why not put them together to form an offensive shutdown trio?

I'm also of the belief that, with their success, Raymond and Schroeder should stick together. Booth, with his speed and shoot-first mentality, needs a play maker who can also create off the rush so why not have those three together (Raymond - Schroeder - Booth)? Those lines would be a solid 2A/ 2B for this team.

Archived