The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I would like to praise AV

406281dylan

Yah cause players automatically deserve ice time rather than having to earn it :rolleyes: Playing behind Hansen and Burr would be good for Kassian to see what it takes to bring it each every game. Hopefully he will emulate those two guy's work ethic, and if he does, there is no doubt in my mind that he will be on the Canucks first line for years to come.

Coaches on losing teams have the luxury of slapping undeserving players on to the ice for as much time as they want... Coaches of Competing teams must think about winning. Kassian will be fine on the third line or the second line or whatever line the coach wants him to play on because whatever Kassian's role is, his first priority is helping the team win not inflating his stats or counting his ice time.

You missed the part where Kass is the leading goal scorer, and thus not automatically deserving ice time.

He has earned first line minute. If he doesn't score a goal every night that doesn't mean it's necessary to send him down to the third line.

I share the same concern.

The team has been struggling. It''s understandable AV is trying to get them clicking but going back to what has given regular season success but playoff failure would be a shame.

The Sedins and Burrows have been great but in the playoffs, too often, completely man-handled and shut down. That was the whole purpose of having a guy like Kassian on the1st line.

Same with the goalies. Sure Lu has played well but aside form the opening game (where the entire team pooped the bed) Schneider has played very well. Why not platoon them so they can both get in a groove and be ready when it counts?

AV is a good coach but he is definitely a "what works now" coach when this team needs to be working towards what will work in May.

Yah except you missed the part last night where Kassian was practicling gift wrapping the puck to the oilers. Not resposible defensively? there is no way you deserve to play against the other team's top lines. Yes Kassian has produced but unfortunately he was awful in that game so that is why he was demoted period.

Did I? Did I miss that part? A couple of turnovers negate leading the team in goals?

Bieksa, Ballard and Edler all handed the puck over a half dozen times. Are they benched, demoted, admonished in any way? No. You know why? Because that would be a stupid, knee-jerk reaction. The twins haven't done SQUAT this season and have they been demoted to line 3? Not just one game, but almost every game. Nope. they sit on the top line like the untouchables they are.

Yeah. You and AV are peas in a developmentally disabled pod.

Canucks are missing 2/3 of their 2nd line, and warming up a veteran line-up that mostly sat idle for the lockout. They crapped the bed on opening night. And yet, here they are, with a 5-2-2 record.

...OBVIOUSLY it's a problem with coaching.

Canucks are missing 2/3 of their 2nd line, and warming up a veteran line-up that mostly sat idle for the lockout. They crapped the bed on opening night. And yet, here they are, with a 5-2-2 record.

...OBVIOUSLY it's a problem with coaching.

Did you consider that AV "demoting" Kass was more about "promoting" Bur as a way to try to get the twins going? IMO it was less about either Kass or Bur's play and more about AV trying to spark the twins. But why let that get in the way of a good non-sensical AV rant?

AV is one of the best coaches in the NHL whether some Canuck fans like it or not. Does Detroit make it to the SCF every year? Hellz no, yet Babcock is often considered The best coach by many. AV has always switched lines around and found combinations that work, and on the go. He is a terrific coach for seeing who is working on a given night and who is not. Kassian wasn't getting it done, same with the Sedins, so he went back with Burr and they got an extra jump in their step. This is not new, AV has done this year after year, which is a large reason why he is so good as a coach. We will not be firing him any time soon. If we ever did other teams would be falling all over the place to sign him. That says something, no? Like to see some praise for the coach, good thread OP. :towel:

Ahhh yes the Bipolar fan base strikes again. I've always been a fan of AV but, I know alot of the fans havent. Canucks fan base in a bottle: Love them when they win, hate them when they lose.

Just last week someone said we might miss the playoffs. Wonder if they've changed their minds....

Archived