The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Stars @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Don't blame the refs for this one, the Weise penalty was the only really unfair one.

Hate to say it but the team played a great 45 minutes, and Cory Schneider single handedly blew this game for the Canucks. He made maybe 2 good saves but let in 3 real stinkers. The only fair goal to beat him was the game winner, but the Canucks should of won this game 3-1. Both goalies were brutal in this game but Schneider was out-played by a crappy backup. For all you Luongo haters out there, Schneider just had a prototypical Luongo-like game from last season - bad goal beat him short side, couldn't contain rebounds to save his life, was outmuscled in the crease and beat high glove. Now Luongo's fixed all those problems and they're the ones haunting Schneider.

Most exciting game in awhile, nice to see a non-division team.

Raymond scored. I don't understand how they came up with that call.

More crow served up for Luongo haters, or maybe that was him in net wearing a Schneider jersey. Elite goalies don't let in soft goals right haters?! Soft serve Schneider tonight.

Kesler looked good.

Was that Kassian's check on the 4th because he should have been covered better.

I would just like to know how Bieksa is getting a free pass?

Schneider was at fault for 2 goals and our defense was at fault for 2 goals. Yet Schneider gets the majority of the blame.

Bieksa has been just terrible. He should be the one traded in the offseason not Ballard, I love Bieksa's personality but Ballard has been the far better player this season.

Schneider was at fault for 2 goals and our defense was at fault for 2 goals. Yet Schneider gets the majority of the blame.

Bieksa has been just terrible. He should be the one traded in the offseason not Ballard, I love Bieksa's personality but Ballard has been the far better player this season.

This is exactly what I worried might happen if we traded Luongo. Except it was made worse by Schneider. Him crapping the bed in the first game, and having struggles he just did not have before 'starter' talk started up around him is just bad news all around. Schneider might not be handling the pressure that was put on him since he finally got a taste of the negative media when he was not suppose to be the backup. He didn't have 'slow' starts, a huge fight that people use to have when wanting to start him over Luongo. He didn't have 'bad' games where he looked rattled after giving up a goal or a bad one for the most part.. it happened in the very first game, and now in this one. He is doing things that he did not do when he was the 'backup'. And now Luongo is playing loose for once and he looks just as good if not better than he did in 06, considering he is now a lot better at handling the puck. And he's not even in one of his 'zone' moments where he goes on a tear. He's just better in general right now, even during his average games.

But, Luongo is all but traded at this point.. and now we are definitely left with the reality that Schneider might not be ready, or just might have an issue with the pressure playing here. It's only dozen or so games in, but that dozen or so games is closing in on half the season. The worst possible thing that Schneider could've done to himself in this city was leave room for doubt to go to him. He is going to bail fast as hell if Luongo is traded and he doesn't do as well, especially if Luongo is successful wherever he ends up. The media will have a field day with him and management. This whole goalie situation is probably going to get even more ugly than it already was.

Yeah I would love that. It would send him a message that if he doesn't pick it up he won't continue to get a free pass.

Knowing AV he will likely never do it though.

I think our defense should look like this next game either way:

Hamhuis - Edler

Ballard - Tanev

Garrison - Bieksa

Ballard and Tanev are playing like the 2nd pair, Bieksa and Garrison are playing like the 3rd pair. And the icetime should be distributed as such.

Archived